About the camps/guilds...
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 General

Author Thread
maxdamage
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

About the camps/guilds...

I need a FAQ (or help from you :]) that can help me choose which camp/guild to join. I don't even know which are these, I only know about Onar's mercenaries and the three gods, but I don't know if that's all (or even if that's correct).
Post Sun Jun 22, 2003 11:31 pm
Kiwi Boy
High Emperor
High Emperor

Re: About the camps/guilds...

FAQ? I'm not good enough for that.

There are three guilds in G2:

(1) For Onar the landlord: Merc -> Dragon Hunters [fighter class]
(2) For Innos the Fire God: Novice -> Mage [magic class]
(3) For King Rhobar: Militia -> Paladin [fighter/magic mixed]

That's all I can tell you without spoiling too much.
Post Mon Jun 23, 2003 12:09 am
maxdamage
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Thanks a lot. What about a complete FAQ, with hints & tips on choosing the best camp/guild? I mean no spoilers, like walkthroughs.
Post Mon Jun 23, 2003 9:18 pm
Hagen
Counselor of the King
Counselor of the King

maxdamage, Experiment! Its a big game and you cant see everything by playing it once! As soon as im done with Paladins im going Merc then Magician... If you just play the game you will probabley find you 'fit' right into the guild/camp best for you
Post Tue Jun 24, 2003 12:02 am
Dhruin
Stranger In A Strange Land
Stranger In A Strange Land

If you don't want to replay the whole game, why not see and do as much as you can and then make a separate save just before joining a camp. If you don't like your choice or want to see the difference just reload your save and take a different path.
Post Tue Jun 24, 2003 1:19 am
Gorath
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Exactly, this can save you 10 hours.
Post Tue Jun 24, 2003 2:11 am
Maylander
High Emperor
High Emperor

I've played all three guilds, and being a Paladin is the easiest(joining the milita in Khorinis), so if you're new to Gothic, join the militia in Khorinis.
Post Tue Jun 24, 2003 7:11 am
Jazz
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

I think that you should chose to become a paladin, because I think that Khorinis is similiar to "Old Camp" in Gothic 1, which I liked. I couldn't be a mage, because I didn't have 1000 goldpieces at that time, and well... I didn't like the enviroment at the mercenaries, so that's why.

But when I finished with the Paladin im going to be one of the mercenaries and then a mage
Post Fri Jun 27, 2003 2:56 pm
elkston
High Emperor
High Emperor

quote:
Originally posted by Jazz
I think that you should chose to become a paladin, because I think that Khorinis is similiar to "Old Camp" in Gothic 1, which I liked. I couldn't be a mage, because I didn't have 1000 goldpieces at that time, and well... I didn't like the enviroment at the mercenaries, so that's why.

But when I finished with the Paladin im going to be one of the mercenaries and then a mage

I finished as a Palladin as well, am replaying now as a Mage and after that will do Mercenary. In the spirit of G1, I made a "quick start" savegame at a point where it was possible to enter all 3 factions. So when I wanted to restart the 2nd time as a mage, I just reloaded the game and went to the Monastery instead of Lord Andre!.

Jazz is right when he says Khorinis feels like "Old Camp". I agree with this because in a sense they are both the "establishment" type factions that sort of present you with a default, simple choice for proceeding. The other factions recognize this and have their respective recruiters in Khoriins for this reason. It worked the same way in G1. the Old Camp was the biggest camp, when you start the game you are closest to the Old Camp, and even Diego convinces you to join the Old camp in the first conversation of the game. Later on when you reach the OC, you see representatives of the other camps that try to persuade you to join them.

So the parallel kind of fits -- Khorinis/Old Camp -- establishment, biggest, the logical choice for beginners, etc, etc,...
Post Fri Jun 27, 2003 7:25 pm
Maylander
High Emperor
High Emperor

As camps yes, but guilds no.. in the Old Camp you became a pure fighter type or mage, but in Khorinis you become a Templar type with magic as primary ranged weapon.

So if you recommend Khorinis because of the guild(the characterclass is the one thing that really matters), you are actually advising people to join the Brotherhood in their first game of G1(I would give such a piece of advice, but most people wouldn't).
Post Sat Jun 28, 2003 6:09 pm