Val
Risen From Ashes
Risen From Ashes

It's an excellent game.
Post Sat Mar 13, 2004 9:24 pm
Ammon777
Warrior for Heaven
Warrior for Heaven

I played through the whole thing and i think it sucks.
Post Sat Mar 13, 2004 9:50 pm
Everclearules20
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

Great game, I loved every mission in it... it felt just like a Star Wars Movie (a good one, obviously)
Post Sun Mar 14, 2004 12:47 am
Roqua
High Emperor
High Emperor

It is a good game once through. I hated that it was so simple and easy and geared towards 4 year olds, but it worked. I looked forward to playing it when I got a chance and I beat it which I hardly ever do (make it through a game without getting bored).

I don't think the story was that good. I'm not a huge star wars fan but I kind of hope that the story of kotor does make the real history of star wars. It was just too convienent, too encompasing, you'll see what I mean when you play it. It is worth buying and playing, but its like reading the hobbit when you want the lord of the rings in my opinion. Good, but not really, really good or adult enough.
Post Sun Mar 14, 2004 2:21 am
Secret Agent Lawanda
The last thing you see...
The last thing you see...

It's an enjoyable game. Especially if you are evil.
Post Tue Mar 16, 2004 9:50 pm
Rydjord
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

It depends on what games you like in anny way your gonna be a little dissapinted.
If your more of the Action loving gamer you gonna like all the Mini Games but be a little dissapointed with the Combat system wich is way to easy.
But if you are a true Rpg gamer you will love all the difrent options and story developments but you will hate the Mini games.
Post Wed Apr 07, 2004 4:54 pm
Robar the II
Captain of the Guard
Captain of the Guard

Review, minor spoiler at end

Kotor is a good game to be sure but ill tell you this. It is highly overated. I am constantly hearing that kotor is rated as one of the best games for computer and xbox out there but in my opinion the actual gameplay is mediocre. The storyline and flexible chat options are great they deserve a 10 out of 10 but the fighting system and equiping system is in deffinit need of improvement. For example:

SPOILER AHEAD
You may use the members of your party on your ship for infinit items/ can use or sell for cash ect.
the fighting system does not give u active control of your character and while this may be for better or worse the way that they give you only ability control and limited at that does not integrate well into the system.
many glitches such as duplication and other cheats allow for poor game play and evetualy can ruin the gamers experiance.

thats all i have to say please feel free to make your own comments i may or may not return to this thread but i willl mainly be on the gothic and world of warcraft threads.
Post Wed Apr 14, 2004 11:30 pm
Aphazel
A Shadow of My Own Self
A Shadow of My Own Self

It is truly amazing! And I love the combat system.
I've never before seen a whole movie from Star Wars, but after playing this game I have to get the movies and see them soon.
Post Wed Apr 14, 2004 11:53 pm
Robar the II
Captain of the Guard
Captain of the Guard

although i love the movies they arnt even half as good as the games so unless u realy are into that kind of thing i wouldent suggest that you spend your money on it beacuse i didnt particularly think that they were that good and the storyline in them is very random and is not tied together very well
Post Sat Apr 17, 2004 2:52 am
~NOBODY~
The One And Only
The One And Only

Though I never liked Star Wars at all, I bought this game several days ago. Before trying it, I was extremely pessimistic. But after playing for an hour or two, it seemed like one of the best games out there. My general impressions:

Gameplay: Quite nice, some good mini games, an Ok combat system, a D&D character creation(though it's a bit bad that without mods, you can't be anyone except human), an interesting world, and the ability to have a personal spaceship guarantees that you won't get bored very quickly. Also some interesting characters add a lot to the game. 9/10.

Graphics: Though I can't judge it completely, as my Video Card doesn't allow me to use the highest settings, it is still quite nice, especially the animation(You should see carth using power attack with two blades! ). Though I was quite disappointed by the tree leaves... 8.5/10

Dialog: Excellent, every word is pronounced. Almost every Char has an actor speaking for it. All speakers are animated. Your companions sometimes initiate conversations with you and with each other. They also sometimes talk in the middle of conversation, and have other party members answer them. I'd give it 10/10

Sound: While background sound effects are very good, and voices are brilliant IMHO, the music was very similar to NWN. Not that it's bad... but... well, using almost the same music in two games... 8/10

Movies: The worst thing in the game IMHO. But also, I can't judge it, because I didn't complete the game yet. 6/10

Conclusion: If you love RPGs, this game is a must, even if you hate Star Wars.
Post Thu Apr 22, 2004 4:29 pm
kdk5680
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

greatest starwars game period

[quote="Ammon777"]this game rocks
/[quote]
Post Wed Apr 28, 2004 12:56 am
Toaster
Bread Alert
Bread Alert

It's an excellent game, IMO much better than both Morrowind and NWN, and about as good as Gothic 2.

Tabbrowser Extensions
DictionarySearch
Post Fri May 07, 2004 8:56 pm
Ker-Soth
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

hey people, could someone give me a definition of a good game? The whole point is wether or not you are having fun while playing a game.Maybe the combat system is a bit lame, but it gives you the chance to watch the battles in a very 'movie-like' way. and perhaps the story is sligthly simplistic.So? Episode IV was all about good guy-bad guy-damsell in distress-destroy everything. I can't hear anybody complaining.The game is an excellent addition to the sci-fi genre AND gives you the unike chance to go to Kashyyyr! what more do you want anyway?
Post Sun May 09, 2004 4:05 pm

Goto page 1, 2  Next