D&D Romance Poll @ Sorcerers Place
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > News Comments

Author Thread
Dhruin
Stranger In A Strange Land
Stranger In A Strange Land

D&D Romance Poll @ Sorcerers Place

The topic of gay romances in D&D games has been a topic of discussion on several boards lately and Sorcerer's Place wants to gauge the gamer's view, with a <a href="http://www.sorcerers.net/index.php#poll" target="_blank">poll</a> on this subject. The question is: "If any of the upcoming D&D CRPGs had an optional gay romance, would it bother you?" Follow the link if you have a view.
Post Wed Aug 18, 2004 6:44 pm
Halsy
Village Leader
Village Leader

Toee

You can have a gay romance with the pirate in TOEE. I'll never understand what people's hangup about gay people are. So they prefer the same people with the same chromosone for sex, big deal.

War, poverty and hunger still abound, but being gay is still a national issue in America. Talk about having their priorities bass ackwards.
Post Wed Aug 18, 2004 6:46 pm

I respect a gay or a lesbian, everything's fine, everyone is free to do whatever

But you have to understand that a lot of people play games, and many of those who do are people btw 10 and 16 years old. Once again, a man is free to chose if he likes women or another man, but allowing a gay romance in ultra popular games such as those based on D&D is just plain wrong. See the sims for example. When the game was shipped you were free to marry a man or a woman, regardless of your character gender. That was removed during the course of the sims franchise.

It's just a very delicate matter, one more time, i have all the respect in the world for gay people but teaching kids to .. love.. another man while playing a game is just something i really won't see.

A game is a game and should just be what it's supposed to be and nothing else. Let's leave such these sort of things out of games.
Post Wed Aug 18, 2004 10:07 pm

Vival
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

quote:
Originally posted by Anonymous

It's just a very delicate matter, one more time, i have all the respect in the world for gay people but teaching kids to .. love.. another man while playing a game is just something i really won't see.

A game is a game and should just be what it's supposed to be and nothing else. Let's leave such these sort of things out of games.

Waah!! Quick, someone stop these vile games from transforming our innocent hetero teens into homos!!
Or maybe as result of being confronted with homosexuality without the typical stereotypes, taboos, homophobia etc. they may become more tolerant which sure is something we, with all the respect in the world, don't want to happen, right?
Post Thu Aug 19, 2004 1:39 am

Great, so it's not enough that I have to deal with people pushing their agenda in real life, now I'd have to deal with it during my leisure time. Screw that. Pandering to what, 3% of all gamers? Sorry, the politically correct crowd can suck it, I don't want homosexual overtones in my games.
Post Thu Aug 19, 2004 2:07 am

Majnun
Village Leader
Village Leader

I feel exactly the same about gay romances in RPG's as I do about straight romances in RPG's.

They're fine as long as they're completely optional and nothing is gained or lost by doing them (other than a diversion and story).

If you're offended or made uncomfortable by it then you obviously have fears and insecurities that are much bigger problems than whether there are homosexuals in a damn game. Might wanna grow up a tad.

I just hope the moronic homophobes are becoming an even smaller minority than the gays they so fear and hate.
Post Thu Aug 19, 2004 2:54 am
Lorgosin
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

Funny, all the homophobes seem to be anonymous. Personally I'm fine with homosexual romances in my games as long as I don't have to engage in them to finish the game.
Post Thu Aug 19, 2004 3:16 am

Hmm nothing like a male in plate armor humping another male in armor.... omg there is an army attacking us!!!! Calm down son its Mark and Peter doing sweet love in the alley.
Post Thu Aug 19, 2004 4:21 am

Lucky Day

I get tired of people calling everyone homophobes who at least know the difference between right and wrong.
Post Thu Aug 19, 2004 9:33 pm

Rendelius
Critical Error
Critical Error

And I get tired of people who think they know the difference between right and wrong.
Post Thu Aug 19, 2004 9:51 pm
Lucky Day

homsexuality = wrong.

plain and simple. sorry you want to delude yourself.
Post Fri Aug 20, 2004 2:24 am

Clandestine
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Personally, I am quite sure I know the difference between right and wrong, and homosexuality is most certainly wrong and evil. That said, there will always be perverts in the world, and in online gaming. So let them be queer in real life or in MMORPGs. I will not be hesitant to tell their avatars or their persons that they committing or portraying to commit an abomination. This is certainly conducive to role-play especially in a PvP setting in a game.

What's next in MMORPGs? Abortion clerics, euthanasia monks, nude dungeons, divorce merchants, or whorehouses instead of taverns? It never fails that people take a good thing and bastardize it just as quickly as they can. I guess online gaming is no different.
Post Fri Aug 20, 2004 2:59 am
Lorgosin
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

quote:
Originally posted by Clandestine
Personally, I am quite sure I know the difference between right and wrong, and homosexuality is most certainly wrong and evil. That said, there will always be perverts in the world, and in online gaming. So let them be queer in real life or in MMORPGs. I will not be hesitant to tell their avatars or their persons that they committing or portraying to commit an abomination. This is certainly conducive to role-play especially in a PvP setting in a game.

What's next in MMORPGs? Abortion clerics, euthanasia monks, nude dungeons, divorce merchants, or whorehouses instead of taverns? It never fails that people take a good thing and bastardize it just as quickly as they can. I guess online gaming is no different.

You're religious right? You have to be. That brainwash is the only thing that comes close to an excuse for those views. Abortion is a great advance for society, euthenasia is usaully done by caring people, nudity is natural in many contexts, and divorce is better than fighting parents. And gay people beeing evil? It's not like they had a choice in the matter. Just imagine where society would be today without backwards people like you. Somwhere much better, that's for sure. Sorry for the flame, but that was just too much.
Post Fri Aug 20, 2004 8:13 pm
Clandestine
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Lorgosin, that's the biggest pile of crap I have ever heard. It's sad we live in a society that calls murder of young and old, "advance" and "care", inappropriate exposure, "natural", severing of the sacred relationship of husband, wife, and children, "better", and sexual perversion, "genetic". And you think a society without people like me would be better? A society without people like me would be no society at all. People like you would kill and destroy anything they didn't like or need and hedonism would rule the day, thus tearing down the very foundations of society itself, leaving nothing but lawlessness and chaos.
Post Fri Aug 20, 2004 9:25 pm
Lorgosin
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

I'm not even going to dignify that with a response.
Post Fri Aug 20, 2004 10:10 pm

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next