Bg2
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Dungeons and Dragons General

Author Thread
Hexmaster
Noble Knight
Noble Knight

Bg2

With the rarity of any average to good rpg's pending. I have decide to play BG2 yet again.

With my newer wizzy system I can wind it all the way up and what a difference that makes graphically as I havent touched the game for about 2 years.

I noticed on the Pocket Plane Group site they have an upgrade for the BG2 grafix so as to use the IWD2 settings.....worthwhile or not??

Oh and what is the BG Tutu anyway??

Anyway, has anyone played through the game as totally evil ??

You know, killed innocents, hired Viconia and sided with Bhodi (and Doyle maybe.. )

I have always been stuck in my ways and played as the "good" guy....paladin etc or lawful good.

Any tips on how the game pans out??

Would you lose Jaheira and or Minsc??

Regards,

Hexmaster

ps with the present drowt I can see myself replaying IWD and HoW again.....and why not..
Post Mon Nov 22, 2004 12:09 am
jcompton
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Re: Bg2

quote:
Originally posted by Hexmaster
With the rarity of any average to good rpg's pending. I have decide to play BG2 yet again.

Congratulations!

quote:
I noticed on the Pocket Plane Group site they have an upgrade for the BG2 grafix so as to use the IWD2 settings.....worthwhile or not??

You're thinking of Icewind Gate II. It never got out of beta stage, so it might not be for you.

quote:

Oh and what is the BG Tutu anyway??

Tutu converts BG1 to the BG2 engine. (which is an easier task than converting BG2 to the IWD2 engine, so it works much much better.)

quote:

I have always been stuck in my ways and played as the "good" guy....paladin etc or lawful good.

Any tips on how the game pans out??

Would you lose Jaheira and or Minsc??

Yes, all good and neutral NPCs will eventually abandon you if your reputation drops low enough.
Post Mon Nov 22, 2004 5:47 pm
Sasa
Baron of the Court
Baron of the Court

I think evil isn't so cool in BG2
As I remember there where no equipment which could be used only for evil characters...
But there where cool stuff only for lawful good and higher.

Ex elf... and if you don't belive, go ask Feanor

By the way... Boo!!!! Scared? No?
Post Wed Dec 01, 2004 9:15 am
Val
Risen From Ashes
Risen From Ashes

There are evil-aligned items. Especially in the expansion.
Post Wed Dec 01, 2004 4:59 pm
Sasa
Baron of the Court
Baron of the Court

In deed I just started BG2 Shadows of Amn. Finished 2 chapter and didn't find evil-aligned items. I'm sure that they ARE but not so importand and cool.
Which exp you meen? Throne of Bhaal?

Post Wed Dec 01, 2004 6:41 pm
Val
Risen From Ashes
Risen From Ashes

Oh, I don't know, Edwin really liked that Robe of the Evil Archmagi that I gave him.
Of course, Throne of Bhaal is the only official expansion to the game.
Post Thu Dec 02, 2004 12:17 am
Sasa
Baron of the Court
Baron of the Court

Well counter example
I found damn nice 1-h axe + 2 which you can throw and he’ll always come back to your hand, and made grate damage against undead. I bought it for 6000 ... or maybe more… don't remember... anyway I was surprised when Korgan didn't want to take it. Than I looked at it again and found that it was only for chaotic good. Damn I had to reload
Anyway after that in the same place I bought even better axe - 1-h +3 with bonus fire damage. This fellow coasted even more than previous one The axe was a treasure of one dwarf family. Yeh, I can just say, that after that I easily defeated whole armies of trolls.

Post Thu Dec 02, 2004 7:35 am
Maylander
High Emperor
High Emperor

Evil is as good as good really, and the real difference is the NPCs, not equipment. If you want to start as a fighter for instance, and still have a good wizard, you have to be evil/neutral in order to get Edwin, but if you want the best cleric in the game(Anomen, due to the fact that he, for some strange reason, earns more XP than any other character, even the main character), you have to bee good/neutral.

It's all about what party you want to have, not equipment, so plan ahead on what party you want to use!

By the way, hello Val, long time no see, you quit the Shadows? The last time I was around you were still the mod there, but I guess you had a good reason. It's good to see you again, though!
Post Sun Dec 26, 2004 11:31 pm
Val
Risen From Ashes
Risen From Ashes

Hey Maylander! Not having enough hours in the day causes you to have to cut some things out.
Post Mon Dec 27, 2004 1:16 am
Maylander
High Emperor
High Emperor

Yupp, I've been away for what? Nearly a year? I know all about having to cut things out, I'm afraid.

You seem to still be rather active though, seeing as you are close to 13.000 posts! Impressive!

But now this is getting off-topic, so I guess I should say something like "your knees are mine!" so as not to spam..

Merry Christmas Val!
Post Mon Dec 27, 2004 1:43 am
Val
Risen From Ashes
Risen From Ashes

Thanks, and actually, my knees are mine.
Post Wed Dec 29, 2004 9:45 pm
Maylander
High Emperor
High Emperor

And they probably would be even after a meeting with Jan. He's not that tough in melee, really..
Post Wed Dec 29, 2004 10:30 pm
genji
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

Just for fun, I gave him the use any items ability that comes with Throne of Bhaal, a girdle of giant strength, and the holy avenger. The sword was taller than he was
Post Thu Dec 30, 2004 3:37 am
tolgerias
High Emperor
High Emperor

Having evil characters like korgan opr edwin in your party is just great, but playing evil (choosing evil dialogue options) isn´t. you miss a lot of quests, items and xp that way and never get really compensated for that.
Post Thu Dec 30, 2004 9:19 am
Maylander
High Emperor
High Emperor

It depends on how evil you are. Some quest have a good/evil solution, and simply choosing the evil one is often as rewarding as the good solution. Being truly evil is not very rewarding though. You gain a bit more gold, and normal equipment, because you end up killing a lot of people(a lot of people will be hostile towards you in the end), but you miss out on a lot as well, as stated above.

Doing an evil game would, in most cases, mean to get a balance, where you end up at 5-6 evil alignement. At this point you don't miss out on anything, as long as you stick with normal dialouge options instead of "DIE YOU SON OF A B****!!!!". An example of a quest to do in order to get evil alignement is the Trademeet quest, where you can poisen the druids instead of helping them. This is just as rewarding, yet you gain evil alignement.
Post Thu Dec 30, 2004 2:59 pm

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next