Usergroups
Introducing Age of Decadence
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > News Comments

Author Thread
Sol Invictus
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

It's nice to see that everyone is, as ever, still focused on the subject of talking about Sol Invictus (me) even when he (I) isn't (am not) involved.

Administrator
RPG Codex - www.rpgcodex.com
Post Mon Jul 04, 2005 11:33 am
Shagnak
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

quote:
Originally posted by Anonymous
First, Dhruin I put "stealing" (note the ""). I know they credit the website, the thing is they don't have any original content,

I'm pretty certain that RPGDot has reported the original reviews and interviews that the Codex has done in the past. In fact, there were a couple of pieces about Fate (inc. an interview with the developer) in the last few weeks. Occasional "original material" does exist...including the material which you are commenting about in this very thread.

quote:
...seem to dislike every RPG in the market (besides Diablo and Fate)

Once again you over-generalise...
There are as many people at the Codex who are looking forward to "mainstream" RPGs like Dragon Age and Oblivion as there are that are critical of them. And they all have a far whack at debating for and against them.

quote:
Obviously, you don't expect me to shut up, right? They deserve a taste of their own poison.

And this is why you are a hypocrite. Really, things could have been quite civilised. But you want to bring an RPGDot thread down to the level that you are complaining about.
Really, I wouldn't expect many of the more, let us say..."freely expressive" members of the Codex to come here and bother with you. Why don't you head over to the RPGCodex forums and show the what you're made of, eh? Step into the Lion's Den, as it were. After all, all you're poisoning at the moment is the less acidic members who actually visit and support (to some degree) RPGDot.
Post Mon Jul 04, 2005 11:35 am
Shagnak
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

[oops...double post]
Post Mon Jul 04, 2005 11:36 am
Sol Invictus
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

quote:
Originally posted by corwin
Having waded through this entire thread, I now know why I rarely visit the Codex!! Couple of points. VD, I wish you well with your game. I hope it is a success. There's plenty of room in the market for all kinds of games which rightly or wrongly fall under the CRPG umbrella. Secondly, I have NO respect for anyone who hides behind 'Guest' while blatantly insulting both myself and another Indie developer. I have never written any negative comments about people from the Codex whether I agree with them or not. When you visit our forums, please show a similar courtesy to the staff here.

You mean games like Warcraft 3 and Spellforce? It's rather curious that you cover the two aforementioned titles when you seek to imply that we cover the wrong titles (Hellgate: London comes to mind).

Of course, I may have simply misread you. Regardless, some of us at the Codex do try to keep discussions civil and if one or two guys decides to offer input in typical immature fashion, being civil as we are, we certainly shouldn't allow that to distract us, lest we prove ourselves as immature as they are by sinking to their level.

Administrator
Post Mon Jul 04, 2005 11:39 am
Sol Invictus
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

quote:
Originally posted by XP
quote:
Originally posted by Sol Invictus
in the interest of malice, and intent to malign my reputation.

Reputation? Malign your reputation???
Funny stuff! Don't worry, if indeed it wasn't you who posted (which I doubt, by the way), whoever posted really got your usual "style" (as one of your RPGCodex partners called it), so don't worry, your reputation as an ignorant and childish bastard that bashes anyone with it's idiotic remarks is safe...

I dare say you scarcely know me to make such an offensive statement, "XP". It is amusing that you seek to slander me with your words whilst doing precisely what you accuse me of doing.

I make no excuse that I often speak poorly of the actions of others and the unfortunate results of those actions, but in which case I am merely speaking my thoughts, and absolutely not doing so for the purpose of malicious glee, or schadenfreude; as you are.

It is rather ironic that you accuse me of being a "childish bastard that bashes anyone with idiotic remarks" (in your words) when the words, which you have posted in this thread thus far betray your supposedly superior position.

Administrator
Post Mon Jul 04, 2005 11:48 am
VDweller
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

quote:
Originally posted by corwin
Having waded through this entire thread, I now know why I rarely visit the Codex!!

Yeah, RPG Dot forums are awesome and full of intelligent posters. Just look at the first 2 posts.

quote:
I wish you well with your game. I hope it is a success.

Thanks

quote:
Secondly, I have NO respect for anyone who hides behind 'Guest' while blatantly insulting both myself and another Indie developer. I have never written any negative comments about people from the Codex whether I agree with them or not. When you visit our forums, please show a similar courtesy to the staff here.

Huh? Was that addressed at me? Corwin, trust me, if I had a reason to say anything about you or anyone else, I would have done that as a registered user. I have never "blatantly insulted" you or any other RPG Dot staff member.
Post Mon Jul 04, 2005 11:52 am
VDweller
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

quote:
Originally posted by Anonymous
You're right, the thread no longer seems to be about the game.

No longer? Was it ever about the game?

quote:
My first comment was simply stating that since the people from their website insults pretty much everyone

Is that a fact?

quote:
from calling retards to developers

Show me the proof. Shouldn't be hard since insulting developers is all we do every day

quote:
not to mention the well known posts regarding Troika

Have you seen the reaction to that "well known post"?

quote:
and seem to dislike every RPG in the market (besides Diablo and Fate)

Haven't we discussed that before?

quote:
The thing is obviously they don't like to be treated in the same way they treat other people, and started to call me and everyone who posted similar ideas that we were

Similar ideas? You have no clue what you are talking about, so don't get upset when people point that out and add a fitting name.

quote:
Obviously, you don't expect me to shut up, right? They deserve a taste of their own poison.

You, sir, are an idiot. Do you really thing that we give a damn about all that crap that you post? lol
Post Mon Jul 04, 2005 12:06 pm
VDweller
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

quote:
Originally posted by XP
Not really, I know what I'm talking about.

You do? Then what's with all the bullshit you've been posting all day?

quote:
Apparently you don't. I stand by anything I say during the course of my job unlike you, you apparently have a foul memory...

I overlooked a post that wasn't mine, btw. Dhruin pointed that out and I accepted my error. Many people pointed out numerious errors in your posts, yet you "stand by anything I say". Cool.

quote:
And Saint_Proverbius, tell me, so now it's someone's "style" to call someone else retard? Really, what style!
See, it's my "style" to call people like that pathetic and disrespectful idiots.

Well, apparently my style is to call stupid people idiots, your style is being an idiot.

quote:
But really, you have to post something as "news", since your website's original content is a mirage in the desert, right?

Have you ever been at the Codex?

quote:
But again, going wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy back to my first post, let's all wait for the game, and see how a real RPG is done. The RPG that will save the genre, that will show Troika, Bioware, Bethesda, D.W. Bradley, Gas Powered Games, ..., how it's done.

Hopefully for the last time, nobody claimed that this game is supposed to show anything or save the genre. Try not to be an idiot.
Post Mon Jul 04, 2005 12:37 pm
corwin
On the Razorblade of Life
On the Razorblade of Life

@VD My comment was definitely NOT aimed at you, but the 'guest' (whose name we all know) who on page 3 libelled both myself and Cleve Blakemore, simply because I happen to be a Beta tester for Grimoire and report for the Dot on the game's progress.

I don't use Smileys, I use Emoticons!!

Post Mon Jul 04, 2005 12:56 pm

quote:
Originally posted by VDweller
Show me the proof. Shouldn't be hard since insulting developers is all we do every day

http://www.rpgcodex.com/newsarchive.php?words=retard

Apparently you don't know how to use the search feature from your own website. Nothing that surprises me, really. I'm sure the reviewers from a lot of websites love the comments you make about them...
That's ok, because you quote them!

I love all your "cries" of "we call people retarded, but we quote them to show everyone what we mean, so that give us the right to call people retarded", while pointing at me that I don't back up anything I say. Again, repeating myself: what proof do you want? Can't you read your own newsposts, and see what you write?
But your website even gladly lists all people you've "pissed" over the year, so that's what you live for, right?

To quote a member of your "staff" (yeah, right):

«Yup, October 19th again. We're two years old now. In accordance with Spazmo's tradition of listing who we've pissed off in the last year, here's the small list:

* Countless Morrowind fans
* Silver Style Entertainment
* Fans of Silver Style Entertainment
* Even more NWN fans than last year
* Pete Hines of Bethesda(Well, Exitium thinks so and I'm padding the list)
* LARPS fags
* D.W. Bradley
* INTERPLAY! (Two years running, baby!)
* Sony Entertainment PR(due to me responding to their press release with Are you guys ever going to make a REAL RPG?)
* Mr. Teatime of Duck and Cover by making fun of his piano skills.
* Taluntain, our host, by raiding his IRC channel and annoying his ops.
* Lots more who haven't told us they were pissed off, because they were too pissed off to say so!

So, it's a brand new year now, and given the trends in CRPGing, it's sure to be a crap shoot on who we'll annoy next! »

"Retards", "fags", wow, you guys rule! You're so hardcore!!!
Post Mon Jul 04, 2005 1:28 pm

XP

I forgot to add my username, but the above post was made by me. In case you didn't guess it...
Post Mon Jul 04, 2005 1:31 pm

Whip-0

You are aware of such things as irony and sarcasm are you not, XP? It's not like it's a proud statement of achievements or something - just a harmless recap.
Post Mon Jul 04, 2005 1:40 pm

gargar
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

101 comments? are you guys crazy?

what's going on here! move along now.
Post Mon Jul 04, 2005 2:36 pm

quote:
Originally posted by VDweller

quote:
Similar ideas? You have no clue what you are talking about, so don't get upset when people point that out and add a fitting name.

Do you mean "retard"?

quote:
You, sir, are an idiot. Do you really thing that we give a damn about all that crap that you post? lol

Well, of course you don't give a damn. That's why I don't understand your need to come here with all your "mates" to defend yourselves and bash everyone who speaks what you don't want to hear.

I couldn't care less about your crap, so I've stopped visiting it. You couldn't care less about me and the people from RPGDot, why don't you do the same thing, and get lost, eh?
Post Mon Jul 04, 2005 2:36 pm

XP

Re: 101 comments? are you guys crazy?

quote:
Originally posted by gargar
what's going on here! move along now.

It's simple. Someone wanted free publicity for their crappy game.
Post Mon Jul 04, 2005 2:38 pm

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next