Please help - similar to "Big Jam"
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Morrowind - Spoilers

Author Thread
3DFanatic
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

Please help - similar to "Big Jam"

Just finished the mission where I contract corprus. Got sent to talk to guy in Tel Fyr. When I talk to him, though, he tells me that I killed one of the inmates, and I have to live with the consequences. All I can do then is click 'goodbye'.

I really don't remember killing anyone there, but I had done quite a bit of adventuring before starting the main quest, so I guess it's possible. Or maybe it happened when I was doing a quest to release a girl who'd been held hostage there? I don't know...

Anyway, if the mage guy won't even talk to me, how can I get rid of this corprus disease? I have about 170 game-hours invested, and would absolutely hate to start over. I use quick-save almost exclusively - my last true 'save' was around day 54 (ugh).

Is there any way out of this mess?

Thanks,
Post Sun Jun 23, 2002 3:58 am
Prgrmr@wrk
Guards Lieutenant
Guards Lieutenant

Not without using the console. If you're willing to "cheat" that way, it won't be hard to find out how to do it.
Post Sun Jun 23, 2002 4:47 am
Prgrmr@wrk
Guards Lieutenant
Guards Lieutenant

Ah, here we go.
Type this in, line by line, into the console, pressing enter after each line.This is almost the exact code Divayth Fyr uses to "cure" you.

Journal "A2_3_CorprusCure" 50
player->addspell "common disease immunity"
player->addspell "blight disease immunity"
player->addspell "corprus immunity"
player->removespell corprus

These last two lines I'm not sure about, they would seem to work best if cast by Divayth, which he won't do.

Cast "Cure Common Disease Other" Player
Cast "Cure Blight Disease" Player

If those don't work (and they probably won't), drinking the right potions, or casting those spells on yourself should have the same effect.
Post Sun Jun 23, 2002 4:56 am
3DFanatic
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

A thousand blessings upon you, Prgrmr@wrk! That did the trick!!

I gather you are using the editor for this advice? I poked around a little bit in there, but I'm not sure I could have put it all together like you did.

Oh, and about those last two lines for curing blight and disease - I didn't type them in, as I had already taken cure potions for both (didn't seem to do anything?) and had visited a temple and asked for blessings / cures.

Again, I greatly appreciate your help. I was just about ready to 'throw in the towel'.
Post Sun Jun 23, 2002 5:14 pm
Prgrmr@wrk
Guards Lieutenant
Guards Lieutenant

I just looked in the dialogue for Divayth Fyr, and looked for the response he gave me when he cured my character. Then I Copy and pasted the code he runs to cure you. Was fun.

Oh, I know what those other 2 lines were for. They were for in case you had a disease other than corprus, so that it wouldn't get past your new immunities.
Post Sun Jun 23, 2002 9:55 pm
Jamisan
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

umm, i never contracted corprus, so i was wondering if you guys could help, PLEASE
Post Fri Sep 06, 2002 1:40 am
Jamisan
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

sorry, i wasnt too specific there. I was told by cosades to get my corprus cured by coming to tel fyr, but i have no new dialogue options, and i DID NOT contract corprus. i do not have a disease indication in my magic icon thingys, and i dont really want to use the console. if anyone has another solution, i would be very grateful.

Post Fri Sep 06, 2002 2:45 am