Usergroups
Most Terrifying Movie of All Time!
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Books & Movies

Author Thread
MageofFire
Griller of Molerats

Most Terrifying Movie of All Time!

What, in your opinion, is the scariest movie of all time?

Mediocreties, I absolve you!
Post Sat Nov 29, 2003 7:56 pm
Krzychu
Hidden Character
Hidden Character

That's a hard question you know. I don't remember a single movie that scared the heck out of me like no other, only several movies that scared me a bit.
Oh wait, maybe The Ring or Ringu 2 - I think they were equally scary.
Post Sat Nov 29, 2003 8:20 pm
Val
Risen From Ashes
Risen From Ashes

The Wizard of Oz.

I am scarred for life.
Post Sat Nov 29, 2003 8:21 pm
dteowner
Shoegazer
Shoegazer

Well, it probably wouldn't even faze me these days, but as a child (probably about 5), I watched this movie and had nightmares for several days. I never even caught the title, so the best I can do is describe it. It was an old black-n-white, and we're talking old back in the mid-70's. Aliens landed out in the country, killing the local populace. They had hypodermic needles that extended out of their fingers like a cat's claws. They used those to inject people with fatal doses of alcohol. They were specifically going after kids that were hanging out at "Lover's Lane" (a nice moral message, ala the 50's).

Some day, I'll find out what the name of it was. Who knows, I might even attempt to watch it again. Well, maybe not.

Edit- I guess today's the day: Invasion of the Saucer-Men
RIP Red Wings How 'Bout Dem Cowboys!
Post Sat Nov 29, 2003 10:10 pm
goshuto
Wanderer
Wanderer

A movie that scared me when I was younger? Alien 1 and the sequel Aliens. I had nightmares about those aliens...
Post Sat Nov 29, 2003 10:57 pm
Ariel
Harmonious Angel
Harmonious Angel

Scariest horror movie: Dark Water (2001) - From the makers of Ringu (Hollywood version The Ring). I didn't really find Ringu that scary, but in Dark Water there's this one, single scene that I will never forget because it was so terrifying. I still get goose bumps when I think back to it. There's supposed to be a Hollywood remake next year, so it will reach a wider audience, although I'm not so sure that it will be better than the original...

Most frightening non-horror movie: The Day After (1983) - "A graphic, disturbing film about the effects of a devastating nuclear holocaust on small-town residents of central Kansas." I've seen this movie ten years ago, but I remember that it was really disturbing. It gives you the creeps.
Post Sun Nov 30, 2003 1:24 am
Jaz
Late Night Spook
Late Night Spook

Scariest childhood movie: Westworld . I was so afraid of the gunslinger that I slept with the blanket over my head for months.

Scariest movie I saw at a theater: Event Horizon. Made me jump in my seat.

Scariest modern day movie/TV experience: Band of Brothers.
Post Sun Nov 30, 2003 10:04 am
Neo_Genesis
The Assassin
The Assassin

i don't have nightmares from movies anymore... but when i was younger (about 4 years ago, when i was 9...) i saw the movie 'I know what you did last summer'... i couln't sleep for days
Post Sun Nov 30, 2003 11:06 am
Danicek
The Old One
The Old One

quote:
Originally posted by goshuto
A movie that scared me when I was younger? Alien 1 and the sequel Aliens. I had nightmares about those aliens...

Exactly same here.
Post Sun Nov 30, 2003 4:56 pm
Krzychu
Hidden Character
Hidden Character

I saw Alien and Predator when I was 6 or 7 and I did not have any nightmares though the movies were scary. From that time hardly any movie scares me a lot.
Post Sun Nov 30, 2003 6:15 pm
Secret Agent Lawanda
The last thing you see...
The last thing you see...

quote:
Originally posted by Val
The Wizard of Oz.

I am scarred for life.

lol, I agree.

But, Alien really scared me half to death. Of course, I was only a little kid at the time. It doesn't scare me even half as much now.
Post Sun Nov 30, 2003 7:55 pm
Kayla
High Emperor
High Emperor

I've never seen a movie that scared me, but Alien and The Exorcist were very atmospheric.

Robert A. Heinlein
Post Sun Nov 30, 2003 8:53 pm
Remus
Overgrown Cat
Overgrown Cat

I am scared by certain movies when i am young - when i haven't watch too much horror movie yet and become jaded.

The earliest movie that scared me i think was a movie about cannibalism at Amazon. People eating brain, intestine, very graphical.

The second one i watched on TV - about some kind of slugs going wild and crazing, and starting eating people alive. They oozing everywhere, into water pipes, coming up from toilet, oozing into shower room, into bed when you sleeping, with people shrieking while got eaten in various horrible ways.....
Post Mon Dec 01, 2003 11:55 am
EverythingXen
Arch-villain
Arch-villain

Alien. It was the very first 'horror' movie I ever saw when I was 11. Considering how sheltered a life I'd been living until that point (my mother wouldn't let me go see Highlander when I was 9... but Return of the Jedi was fine).

It's where I developed my now unbreakable habit of sleeping facing the wall. I'm a really big fan of the series now, though, having no choice but to turn fear into admiration.

That said... the scariest incident I've ever been in was when I was a security guard a few years ago. Something had the cat that hung around the building spooked and hiding under the desk hissing looking out the window. Ok, right there few things are as scary at 3 AM than an animal being spooked.

I went out on my rounds (this was fall... it was raining heavily and the wind was blowing hard). One of the lights in the upper deck outdoor parkade was out so the entire deck was nearly pitch black. I had taken maybe 10 steps, already on edge because of the cat's behavior, when all of the sudden something leapt out of the darkness and wrapped itself around my face! It was cold, and wet, and slimy and clung to me fiercely.

I don't mind admitting I went berserk. Totally fight or flight primal primate something is going to eat me berserk. I ripped and tore at it, roaring, pulling it from my face... but it wouldn't let go of me! I had dropped the radio and nightstick. I flung it away and made a desperate grab for the billy, coming up with club in hand... to face death itself in the form of a black rain soaked wind blown garbage bag.

"The old world dies and with it the old ways. We will rebuild it as it should be, MUST be... Immortal!"

=Member of the Nonflamers Guild=
=Worshipper of the Written Word=
Post Tue Dec 02, 2003 3:28 pm
Remus
Overgrown Cat
Overgrown Cat

quote:
Originally posted by EverythingXen
It's where I developed my now unbreakable habit of sleeping facing the wall...

That's serious, man. i don't exactly remember my age when first time watching Alien. Early teen i guess, and rather scared when i watching it (but absolutely love it). Anyhow, they never as scary and as disturbing the two movies i previously mentioned.
Post Tue Dec 02, 2003 3:55 pm

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next