Triggered a weird cutscene: Help?
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 Spoilers

Author Thread
Lloyd Heilbrunn
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Triggered a weird cutscene: Help?

OK, I enter the Valley of Mines, kill a couple of Orcs,there are too many so I look for way around.

I backtrack,go into cave which leads to a level above, arch, cave where I enter new area load screen,find teleport rune and bridge.I go over bridge, climb up, and reach very shallow cave with chest in front.

I go into cave and get cutscene of being on a bridge or wall(?) and seeing dragon destroying city(Khorinis?) and then attacking me.Then I'm back in cave with no explanation, nor any view out of back of cave. Am I ahead of the plot somehow??Having a vision? Or am I supposed to be able to see thru the wall of a cave?

Should I go on, or reload and avoid going in cave?Thanks.
Post Mon Aug 04, 2003 9:38 pm
Myrtel
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Just go on!
It was just a video sequenz of that what happend in the castle in the valley of mines.
Always when I enter the cave the video sequenz begin to play.

cYa
Post Mon Aug 04, 2003 9:59 pm
Sargon
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

It was no vision, but cruel truth . The city attacked by dragon, was not Khorinis, it was old castle in the valley of mines. And of course the man, who was burned alive by dragon, was not you, but some unlucky man .
You need to get into this castle (it's under siege by orcs), so continue down the path.
Post Mon Aug 04, 2003 10:10 pm
Ale
Village Leader
Village Leader

It's probably a bug that going to the end of that little cave causes the cutscene. It makes far more sense to have the cutscene occur when you approach the castle down the path (i got it in the cave too).
Post Sun Aug 31, 2003 6:38 am
elkston
High Emperor
High Emperor

quote:
Originally posted by Ale
It's probably a bug that going to the end of that little cave causes the cutscene. It makes far more sense to have the cutscene occur when you approach the castle down the path (i got it in the cave too).

Exactly. The very first time I played G2 I was confused by this cutscene as welll because it came at such an odd time. I had just stepped into the cave a bit to check things out and Bam! some dragon cutscene.

I reloaded from an earlier save just to make sure I didn't trigger some kind of bug.

My guess is that there is a "zone" defined such that crossing the boundary of this zone triggers the cutscene provided you are in the VoTM for the first time. That little section of the cave maybe overlaps with this zone in some way.
Post Sun Aug 31, 2003 7:44 am
Hard_Worker
Village Leader
Village Leader

well I didn't enter any special cave to that cutscene to work

I just enter the vally of mines , went up to the cave that leads to the OLDWORLD

and then turn left to some small rocks ( near the draqgon snapper ) and then it happens
Post Sun Aug 31, 2003 11:15 am
EDV
High Emperor
High Emperor

In the cutscene you see dragons destroying the outer ring of the former Old Camp and killing many paladins. It's rather stange however that when you reach the castle there are no corpces lying around.
Post Sun Aug 31, 2003 11:56 am
Dez
King of the Realms
King of the Realms

the orcs have probably eaten them. Hey its just a wild guess!
Post Sun Aug 31, 2003 12:29 pm
elkston
High Emperor
High Emperor

quote:
Originally posted by Hard_Worker
well I didn't enter any special cave to that cutscene to work

I just enter the vally of mines , went up to the cave that leads to the OLDWORLD

and then turn left to some small rocks ( near the draqgon snapper ) and then it happens

It must be time based then. X number of seconds after you enter the Valley, you see the cutscene.
Post Sun Aug 31, 2003 6:49 pm
Mersenary of the Mages
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

I think that guy that got killed was Den(serves him right ). He's the guy who stole the cash box.
Post Wed Sep 03, 2003 3:01 am
Whailor
Most Exalted Highlord
Most Exalted Highlord

This is a cutsene, showing the situation in the castle. If you ever played Gothic 1, then you would have recogized the castle of Old Camp right away.

And, this is not a bug. There's simply some certain triggers placed on different spots, which will trigger the movie as soon as you get to that spot. Idea most probably was to show you what is going on BEFORE you see the castle itself, with Outer Rim all destroyed and all. Because, above that cave is a small plateau, from where you can also see the castle, quite well, and if you played Gothic 1, then you would have seen how different the area was and naturally have questions a la "WTF happened here!?". So, the movie gets trigerred before you can see the castle. Granted, you cannot see the castle from that collapsed mine, but ABOVE your head, at the same spot, is a small plateau, from where you can see the castle.

Quite easy, eally. And definately not a bug. If you do something and a movie is triggered, then it's supposed to be so. Bug would have been if the game would have crashed or some such.
Post Wed Sep 03, 2003 9:00 am
Pladio
Magister of the Light
Magister of the Light

Where is that cave ???(directions pls )
Post Thu Sep 04, 2003 6:42 pm