Leveling up/Level Cap
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Morrowind - General

Author Thread
Rawis
Gorthaur
Gorthaur

Leveling up/Level Cap

When all my Major skills are at 100. Can't i level up any further than that? That must mean everyone have the same level cap?
Post Wed May 22, 2002 1:57 pm
WinnipegDragon
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

No, actually your Minor skills count towards levels too. It's only the miscellaneous skills that don't count towards levels.

I'm not sure about the level cap issue either. All of my major skills are around or lower than 60 and my minors around 40 or 50, and I am already level 22, so I should be able to hit at least level thirty.

I haven't min/maxed my skills either, I just didn't start with really high scores in most of my skills. What levels have the others on this board reached?
Post Wed May 22, 2002 2:00 pm
some guy

actually, I'm pretty sure even miscellaneous skills count
Post Wed May 22, 2002 2:09 pm

Rawis
Gorthaur
Gorthaur

Im level 21 and i have 100 in Long Sword...
Post Wed May 22, 2002 2:27 pm
freakinaye
High Emperor
High Emperor

Only major and minor skills count towards levels not misc skills. Don't worry about level cap or anything. I have just beat the game at level 50 and it was way to easy so don't worry about not being level 70 or anything.....
Post Wed May 22, 2002 2:40 pm
Dwango
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

How high you can level will depend on how high your starting skills are. If you had racial and sign benefits, it can lower your max level since you are dependant on skill advancement for levels. So if you start at 20 in a skill, you can gain 8 levels from that skill (10 skill points per level, max skill 100). If you start with 10 in a skill, you gain 9 levels from that skill.
Post Wed May 22, 2002 3:28 pm
EverythingXen
Arch-villain
Arch-villain

There's a definate level cap but I really, really wouldn't worry about it. As stated after level 20 or 30 you're done anyways for challenge purposes. Time to cut loose and roleplay (or complete the game and replay/move on).

"The old world dies and with it the old ways. We will rebuild it as it should be, MUST be... Immortal!"

=Member of the Nonflamers Guild=
=Worshipper of the Written Word=
Post Wed May 22, 2002 3:30 pm
freakinaye
High Emperor
High Emperor

Like I said in another post I beat the game way to easy at lv 50 so with my supposed level cap of 73 is really no big deal. I also noticed that my hit points stop going up anyways just a little bit ago (with the endurance...there comes a gap) so I really have no reason to go up any higher in level. I am just going around trying to do things I didn't do yet like get my stronghold and some last minute writs.

When you are lv 30 though...you are good to go to do anything and will actually be better because at least it will be challenging then.

I need to install the mod to make all the mosters do like double dmg and have more hitpoints so I can have fun with fighting again.
Post Wed May 22, 2002 6:13 pm
REDF0X

You can actually get your stats/skill above 100 but you have to accept the general rejection of the common folk, as they recognize you as a superior being, namely a vampire.
Post Fri May 31, 2002 2:35 am

sauron38
Rara Avis
Rara Avis

Can't you just get all of your skills up to 100, serve some hard time , then level your self back up to your previous strength, (while being at a higher level)?
Post Fri May 31, 2002 4:05 am
Joey999
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

I'm completely confused about the leveling up. Twice now, I think I've actually missed a level because I didn't sleep soon enough after I got the the "you should sleep" message. As I remember, I had gotten some training, and got the message to sleep. I then got into a fight with somthing, and in the process, raised another skill, and got the message again. Is it possible to level up twice so quickly, or was it just reminding me to sleep for the previous level up? Once I did sleep, I did only raise one level, not two. Did I miss an extra level-up?
Post Fri May 31, 2002 4:32 am
sauron38
Rara Avis
Rara Avis

No, you did not miss the level up, you must sleep again to level up again, but I would wait until you get about half way to the next level, or you will forfeit any stat multipliers.
Post Fri May 31, 2002 4:35 am
Sanachan1977

Highest stat

Currently my character is around level 15 or so and my highest stat thus far is my longblade stat which has reached around 85 or so. But it's still going much like that infernal energizer bunny.
Post Fri May 31, 2002 4:55 am

DarthBryy
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

Ok, so Misc. Skill leveling doesn't affect experience?

Then how come my level bar goes up a notch each time my Short Blade abillity goes up?
Post Fri May 31, 2002 5:36 am
Danicek
The Old One
The Old One

quote:
Originally posted by DarthBryy
Ok, so Misc. Skill leveling doesn't affect experience?

Then how come my level bar goes up a notch each time my Short Blade abillity goes up?

Misc. skills really doesnt count. There are free groups of skills, first and second are counted to your exp. points, third (misc skill) not. If your short blade is misc skill and it counts for you, then it is bug or something.
Post Fri May 31, 2002 6:12 am

Goto page 1, 2  Next