Propylon Question. I'm confused.
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Morrowind - Spoilers

Author Thread
Jinx
Protector of the Realm
Protector of the Realm

Propylon Question. I'm confused.

Ok I found a propylon index in caldera from the redguard shop called the "Hlormaren Propylon Index"

I went to the dunmer stronghold Hlormaren (just west of balmora) and went inside the propylon chamber.
Inside was 2 Propylons.
One was called "Marandus Propylon"

And the other one was called "Andasreth Propylon"

The thing is that when I try to click on them I get a message stating that I don't have the correct propylon index to use the propylon.

Now for the question.
What in the world am I doing wrong. I mean to me it's obvious that an index called hlormaren index should be able to activate a propylon in hlormaren. What am I missing here?
I really need some help understanding this.
Post Tue May 14, 2002 8:01 pm

I have found 2 other fortresses with Propylons too, one is close to the most southern of the ashlander camps north of ncurdamz or whatever somewhat west of tel fyr and the other on the northern coast east of the most northern ashlander camp, the one ou get sent to for the blades quests firstly, there's a bunch of aggressive orc in this fortress though and curiousl a shopkeep by the propylons in the same room..
Post Tue May 14, 2002 8:05 pm

Jinx
Protector of the Realm
Protector of the Realm

Yeah I know there are other dunmer fortresses with propylons inside them but an index called hlormaren index should be able to activate a propylon in hlormaren. That's why I'm confused
Post Tue May 14, 2002 8:08 pm

maybe it's for somewhere else in the stronghold? since the propylons are called smething else and the stronghold the same as the index? I'll start it right away and dedicate myself to figuring it out

HAs anyone figured out anything useful about them? You don't even touch the subject in the main quest as far as I'm aware of.
Post Tue May 14, 2002 8:14 pm

Jinx
Protector of the Realm
Protector of the Realm

quote:
Originally posted by Anonymous
maybe it's for somewhere else in the stronghold? since the propylons are called smething else and the stronghold the same as the index?

I doubt it. I searched the whole fortress twice.
Post Tue May 14, 2002 8:17 pm

the proplyon "keys" are for the same proplyn as its name is....... why would its like a 2 way ride with 1 way tickets and you only have the ticket back to that fort
Post Tue May 14, 2002 8:42 pm

FrGGr
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

I have come across these as well and it seems the Index's obviously correspond to their named Propylon. ex. the Hlormaren Index would be used on the Hlormaren Propylon. I'm not sure where it is but each place seems to have only 2 Propylons.

I stumbled across a fortress called Bamaros or something like that, I was on my way to Fort Darius for the first time and when I saw this fortress I thought it was Fort Darius, it's just SE of Fort Darius.

Inside is 3 lvl's of Daedric's, Winged Twilights and Lord Daedric's, at the bottom of the 3rd lvl I found "Boots of the Apostle" Light boots - 183 AC - 30-40 Levitation for 30 seconds or 60 seconds, can't remember but they rock!

Definately worth checking out that fortress, I can't remember the names of the Propylon's there sorry, hope this helps.
Post Tue May 14, 2002 8:45 pm
Jinx
Protector of the Realm
Protector of the Realm

I figured it out now after a bit of research ingame
In the hlormaren fortress (in the dome on the roof) you'll find an index called andasreth index. It can be used in the hlormaren fortress to teleport you to andasreth which is just northwest of Gnaar Mok (just north of Karthag point). There you will find the hlormaren propylon which will transport you back.
They are nothing more than teleporters (which is still nice but I had hoped for a mystery quest thing). I now have the locations to 6 index's so I'm going hunting
Post Wed May 15, 2002 1:04 pm