How do I beat Shadow Warriors?
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 Spoilers

Author Thread
battle99
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

How do I beat Shadow Warriors?

Skeletons and Shadow Warriors are kicking my ass. Is there any trick to beating these guys?

I'm trying to beat them with parry, attack, step back...repeat.

Problem is that I can't always parry every attack. Sometimes they do a single attack, sometimes a quick double slash. It's hard for me to tell which attack is coming. Even then it takes me like 10 to 20 attacks to kill one.

Anyone got any good combat tactics vs these undead menace?
Post Tue Dec 02, 2003 5:16 pm
Lintra
Elf Friend
Elf Friend

Get some more levels?

Get better armor?

Kidding. These guys gave me no end of problems in the early going ... and even into the later chapters 3 skellies was a tough nut to crack. The shadow warriors were even worse!

As to taking 20 hits to kill them, I think you must be biting off more than you should ... but if you can take them out, then more power to you.

So I guess my answer to your question is no. I found no special tactic that worked against them ... but then, I was not a spell caster.
Post Tue Dec 02, 2003 7:56 pm
SilkenKidden
Tempered Warlord
Tempered Warlord

Re: How do I beat Shadow Warriors?

I did it fairly early in Chapter 1 but I had a few fireball spells left over from Xerox's tower. And Bartok helped. You just have to be careful not to talk ot Bartok if you are hunting with him until after you've lured the shadow beast and orc (one at a time) to him so he can help you kill them. Otherwise, he dies. I did use the H key to use heal potions quickly. And I used a bow.

Later in the chapter I could take one out with the bow from afar. Get in a few shots, run, hide, save, go back. Loop.

quote:
Originally posted by battle99
Skeletons and Shadow Warriors are kicking my ass. Is there any trick to beating these guys?

I'm trying to beat them with parry, attack, step back...repeat.

Problem is that I can't always parry every attack. Sometimes they do a single attack, sometimes a quick double slash. It's hard for me to tell which attack is coming. Even then it takes me like 10 to 20 attacks to kill one.

Anyone got any good combat tactics vs these undead menace?

Post Tue Dec 02, 2003 11:05 pm
Barlon2
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

come on

Alright Hunter's recipe of easy...get a bow...find a high hard to reach corner..and shoot away...I've killed everything except Trolls this way because they are imune to them
Post Tue Dec 02, 2003 11:55 pm
battle99
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Well I was hoping for some melee combat tactics to actually beat these guys. I'm level 12 with 50% 2H and 80 STR and a regular 2Hander with 55 damage. I think it's possible to beat the Shadow Warriors at this level with some better tactics.

As for Trolls they are real easy. I just beat the Black Troll by just running up to it, double slash, run behind it back, get 2/3 hits in, repeat. It's so slow in turning that it can never face me to hit me .
Post Wed Dec 03, 2003 12:11 am
Razer
Guards Lieutenant
Guards Lieutenant

With those pack of bones there is only one way to succeed:RUN....RUN and never look back
I ussualy take on 2-3 skeletons when my hero has mastered 1h or 2h fighting skill.This way your attack is not broken and you parry faster and more efficiently.
With your stats I think you have one of these options:
1.level up and return later (kinda like the return of the king)
2.fight with your back to the wall
3.fight behind a corner(and hope that only one of them reaches you while the others will run straight into the wall)
4.hit and run then return to hit and run once more
Hope this helps
Post Wed Dec 03, 2003 8:34 am
battle99
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

I'm able to lure just 1 Shadow Warrior on a one on one fight. They still kick my butt as I can't predict there single or double attacks well enough to parry 90% of their attacks which only take about 4 hits to kill me.

Oh well, I just lured them to Grimbald and had him kill them . I just get the last attack in to kill them to get the xp. Cheap but I had no other choice.
Post Wed Dec 03, 2003 8:02 pm
Razer
Guards Lieutenant
Guards Lieutenant

When fighting tough opponents I ussualy block twice in a row,just in case.80% of their attacks are bloked by my weapon.
If you do an unnecessary block your opponent will ussualy take a step back,and then charge you with their weapon high.
From my observation a quick slash occurs when your opponent is close to you,or just after he has made his first attack.
Try fighting an orc standing still and just blocking his attacks.
Try it! You have nothing to lose and is quite fun to see him circling you and trying to hit you.I think he is getting angrier and angrier until he has an heart attack.So I always enrich his diet with some iron
Post Wed Dec 03, 2003 10:19 pm
Secret Agent Lawanda
The last thing you see...
The last thing you see...

Hit them harder than they hit you.
Post Wed Dec 03, 2003 10:39 pm
mariuss
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

quote:
Originally posted by battle99
I'm able to lure just 1 Shadow Warrior on a one on one fight. They still kick my butt as I can't predict there single or double attacks well enough to parry 90% of their attacks which only take about 4 hits to kill me.

Oh well, I just lured them to Grimbald and had him kill them . I just get the last attack in to kill them to get the xp. Cheap but I had no other choice.

same thing I wrote in Jowood forum
anyway Grimbald alone cannot stand a swadow warrior
Post Thu Dec 04, 2003 12:08 pm
deiland
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

No problem for a Fire Mage at Cirle of Power Level 4 with Destroy the Undead. Up until chapter 4 they were kicking my butt, but Revenge was sweet with this new spell in my arsenal. One shot does 1000 damage and kills them!!
Post Thu Dec 04, 2003 2:14 pm
Erb Duchenne
Slayer
Slayer

Yeah... those undeads are quite easy to tear down with magic. Paladins and mages rule!
Post Thu Dec 04, 2003 7:43 pm
jmurdock
Old Fogey
Old Fogey

Large ore sword works pretty well too.

REMEMBER... Many saves, many slots!!!
Post Fri Dec 05, 2003 12:41 am
Drywall
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

I see

Post Wed Dec 10, 2003 12:42 am
Spiro
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

My method for them was to pull them one at a time then fight with a side to side sweeping motion. It holds them at bay fairly effectively, though they are so fast with their attacks they can still get them in often enough to really hurt. Wait until you are almost dead then run for you life, use heals. It is probably best not to use the heal key as it may interrupt your swinging allowing it to get in for the fast kill. Rince repeat until it is dead, then grab the other one and do it again. I think I tried them out in Chapter 3 it only took me two runs each to drop them.
Post Wed Dec 10, 2003 5:20 am

Goto page 1, 2  Next