Best way to travel
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Morrowind - Spoilers

Author Thread
Hagatha
King of the Realms
King of the Realms

Best way to travel

A constant effect levitate amulet plus Boots of Blinding speed. For some reason my character can still see pretty well with the Boots on - not sure why, but she can. Maybe it's my magic Cuirass that protects me 60% from magic effects. The only drawback to the Boots is that they get damaged really easily in combat and I keep forgetting to switch to my Glass Boots.

Anyway, I'm sure lots of people are travelling this way, but it sure beats going overland or relying on those boats. This makes the game a lot more fun. Plus I like swooping down on cliff racers and taking them by surprise.

Now If only I could figure out how to sell my expensive stuff without having to stand in front of that Scamp for days on end. I have a huge stash of Deadric Weapons in Valenvaryon and can't be bothered to take them to Caldera to sell them. Too much loot!
Post Sun Jun 16, 2002 7:13 am
Prgrmr@wrk
Guards Lieutenant
Guards Lieutenant

I travel the same way. I use a sword I found that has 50pt levitation. and with my enchant of 100, it recharges faster then I can use it. If you want to counter the rest of the blindness, make some clothes with night eye on them, or something like that.

But my favorite way of traveling is by icarian flight scroll. No really. Just set your view dist to medium or higher, and cast levitate right before you smack into the ground. I got from uviroth's grave to sadrith mora (about 1/3 acrosss the continent) in under half a minute.(not counting loading)
Must get more scrolls....
Post Sun Jun 16, 2002 7:54 pm

you dont need Blinding shoes to travel , just get a SCROLL WIND WALKER and its much easy and faster than Blinding shoesssssss
Post Sun Jun 16, 2002 10:11 pm

Because i'm still early in the game I use those scrolls that u got from the dead dude from the sky
Post Sun Jun 16, 2002 10:48 pm

Prgrmr@wrk
Guards Lieutenant
Guards Lieutenant

A scroll of windwalker is just that. A SCROLL. Almost useless for actual travel, since you'll need to keep buying more (if you even can). The boots are constant, and and mid-high level enchanted item can counter the blindness easily. I wear boots of blinding speed everywhere I go, even in town, since I have an armor that cancels out 60% of the blindness, and a good monitor.
Post Mon Jun 17, 2002 7:20 am
Doomisnear
Village Leader
Village Leader

I use tindur's hoptoad scrolls with the scrolls of Icarian flight. Makes for some speedier travel when dealing with mountain ranges.
Post Mon Jun 17, 2002 7:27 am
Hagatha
King of the Realms
King of the Realms

I still haven't worked out why my character doesn't get blinded by the Boots. Even at night she can see pretty well. Just in case, though, I made a constant effect ring of 100% Night Eye which I use at night for navigation.

I've never seen any of the scrolls referred to above except for one Hoptoad scroll. But even though my character is a Spellsword, I rarely use magic any more with 100% longsword and all those loverly, now enchanted, Daedric swords. WHo needs magic?
Post Wed Jun 19, 2002 5:45 am
sauron38
Rara Avis
Rara Avis

If you have Magic Resistance, it will reduce the bad effects of the boots.
Post Wed Jun 19, 2002 6:13 pm