Screenshots
   Videos

Miscellaneous
   Staff Members
   Privacy Statement

FAQ
Members
Usergroups
Error: loader couldnt initalize service!
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 - Troubleshooting

Author Thread
vrau
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Error: loader couldnt initalize service!

I dont get this, I played a few times i stoped for an hour then when i came back to play i get this message. I even tryed to fix the game and i uninstalled and reinstalled and this crap comes back.... HELP ME!
Post Sat Sep 25, 2004 2:52 am
Patriot
Small Tiger
Small Tiger

Re: Error: loader couldnt initalize service!

quote:
Originally posted by vrau
I dont get this, I played a few times i stoped for an hour then when i came back to play i get this message. I even tryed to fix the game and i uninstalled and reinstalled and this crap comes back.... HELP ME!

Sometimes the game doeas unexpected crashes.I also had the same problem but when I upgrated my PC(graphical card,Memory)the problem was solved.
Post Sat Sep 25, 2004 9:55 am
vrau
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

My computer is pretty mighty, so i dont think its that, but i do have more information.....

just regular gothic II no addon. And that is the whole error message...
says "ERROR: loader couldnt initalize service".......Oh and it works sometimes now... sometimes.

2.8 P4 O.C@ 3.6ghz 1,056 fsb
512 ram
geforce fx 5600
windows xp sp2 - all major patches.

um yea oh when I click to load gothic II, my pc-cillin detects a virus but my nortons dont...it says this

Infected file: C:\WINDOWS\system32\SVKP.sys
virus name: BKDR_SURILA.B
action taken: Unable to clean infected file. The file was quarantined.

and thats all folks
Post Sat Sep 25, 2004 10:29 pm
Patriot
Small Tiger
Small Tiger

This crashes are one of the game's problems andI don't think they can be fixed.I've also have the same problem a few time even now.I don't think there's a solution.Sorry.
Post Sat Sep 25, 2004 10:39 pm
El presidente
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

I'm afraid Patriot could be right, no one on jowood didn't find solution either.
btw welcome to the both forums vrau
Post Sun Sep 26, 2004 12:38 am
Gorath
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Maybe the problem goes away when you go back to normal clock settings. G2 puts heavy load on CPU and RAM.
Running a virus scanner in the background is also a bad idea. Itīs one of the safest methods to get corrupted savegames.
Some people have problems with SP2 and G2.
Did you install anything before G2 stopped working?
Post Sun Sep 26, 2004 6:35 am
vrau
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Its really weird actually, sometimes I can just reboot and it will work. Today I couldnt get it to work for about an hour, went and Installed new graphics drivers then all of a sudden it works... turned off the PC tryed again later didnt work again. I guess Ill just have to start it up an hour before I want to play lol.
Post Sun Sep 26, 2004 9:42 am
Patriot
Small Tiger
Small Tiger

If you want more info either visit the game's site and look for technical support or read the read me file of the game with the game's requirements.
Post Sun Sep 26, 2004 11:20 am