Mythic's Warhammer
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > MMORPGs General

Author Thread
Vervayne
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Mythic's Warhammer

Anyone interested in this upcoming MMORPG?

If you want some info on it check out this link:

http://www.warhammeroffline.com/
Post Sat Feb 04, 2006 11:47 pm
Danny
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

Title: Warhammer Online: Age of Reckoning
Developer: Mythic Entertainment (Dark Age of Camelot)
Genre: MMORPG
Website:[URL="http://www.warhammeronline.com"]http://www.warhammeronline.com[/URL]
ETA: 2007

W.A.R. : Warhammer Age of Reckoning

A Dwarf:

quote:
"Eschewing character levels altogether, Warhammer Online will be a what-you=see-is-what-you-get world. If an opposing character has a big menacing sword that looks like it might lop your head off, it probably will. And the mark of your personal progress in the game will be shown physically; Orcs, for example, will grow in size and become more musclebound, while Dwarfs' beards will gradually become longer to indicate their venerated status. IN addition, you'll be able to outfit your character with personal trophies, such as adorning your Orc's spiked armor with Dwarf skulls, just like you would in real life."

click [URL="http://www.warhammeronline.com/english/media/video/easterEggs/WAR_teaser.html"]hier[/URL] for a CGI teaser.
Post Sat Mar 11, 2006 9:18 pm
xSamhainx
Paws of Doom
Paws of Doom

I am slowly evolving (devolving?) into a Warhammer freak, so I just might take a peek at this one. The main problem is that I am very burned out on MMORPG, and even when I was full-on MMORPG-happy, I have never been real big on PvP. I'm assuming PvP is a huge part of any online Warhammer game.
“Then away out in the woods I heard that kind of a sound that a ghost makes when it wants to tell about something that's on its mind and can't make itself understood, and so can't rest easy in its grave, and has to go about that way every night grieving.”-Mark Twain
Post Mon Mar 13, 2006 5:37 pm
10Ktrolls
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

A few years ago I'd probably have blown my load at the pure thought of a Warhammer mmo. But tbh honest... right now I have the feeling it will be just another mmo among many and right now you can't be even sure at it will be a good one. It's again a fantasy mmo (ya ya I know... it will be such a dark world, bla bla bla) and there just quite a few of those around. As much as I love Warhammer, I think Mythic should have sticked to Imperator Online - would have been cool to explore a universe that you don't know instead of one that everyone knows anyway.
Post Tue Mar 14, 2006 7:37 pm
Majnun
Village Leader
Village Leader

Actually this is the only MMO that really interests me right now (including ALL the one's already out). Some have the potential to be distractions...but not anything I'd devote loads of time to (like WoW was for awhile). Sadly it won't be out untill 2007.

The main reason I think Warhammer Online will be great is because Mythic is doing it. Seeing what fun new things Mythic has in store for *real* PvP content is what excites me. Dark Age of Camelot *still* has THE best PvP system in any MMO to date. So Mythic knows how to do that part right. I'm sure the non-PvP parts of Warhammer Online will be good as well. But the main interest for me will be the PvP elements. Actually IMO DAoC is the only MMORPG with any kind of real PvP content at all. The rest is just a joke in comparison. Too bad DAoC is such an ugly old game now (I bought the epic edition and tried it again and just ugh...I can't go back to that no matter how good the RvR stuff is). If WoW would add world PvP content similar to what DAoC has in it's frontiers then WoW might actually be worth playing again (as it is both games are dead to me).

I never played the fantasy warhammer games (tabletop or otherwise) so the world/story/setting has nothing to do with it for me. I did play Warhammer 40000 (tabletop) for a couple years (now THAT would make a great MMO). Incidentally I never really played the Warcraft games either since I HATE all RTS games (to me "real-time strategy" is an oxymoron). But I did love WoW for a little over a year (went back recently and already cancelled again though...). So aside from it being a fantasy setting it'll all be new to me.

New impressions at gamespot:
http://www.gamespot.com/pc/rpg/warhammeronline/news.html?sid=6147072&mode=previews

Apparently you'll be able to advance your character through the entire game by doing *only* PvP stuff...or by doing none at all. Or any combination. Sounds good to me.
Post Tue Apr 11, 2006 1:49 am