Privacy Statement

FAQ
Members
Usergroups
Where can I find a 2h weapon?
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic - Spoilers, Tips & Tricks

Author Thread

I'm level 12 now, and a guard in the Old Camp. I love 2h weapons, and I'm ready to train up with Thorus, but I can't find any 2h weapons anywhere. Help please
Post Sat Mar 23, 2002 5:51 pm

Val
Risen From Ashes
Risen From Ashes

Try Skip or the blacksmith in the Sect Camp. Or you can beat up someone who has one.

Post Sat Mar 23, 2002 5:53 pm
Jaz
Late Night Spook
Late Night Spook

You can also do a little excursion into orc territory. They have fine - if ugly - two handed weapons.

Post Sat Mar 23, 2002 5:54 pm

Stone (blacksmith) only sells armor. I tried Skip, he doesn't sell any 2h weapons. I can't beat anybody that has a 2h weapon yet I don't think. Maybe I'll go try to take on a templar. Still a bit too weak for orc territory too. Ah well, thanks for your help, was just wondering if I was missing some 2h merchant somewhere.
Post Sat Mar 23, 2002 6:30 pm

Val
Risen From Ashes
Risen From Ashes

Try the blacksmith in the SECT CAMP. You can also lead a swampshark up to a templar and let the shark get you you're sword for you.

Post Sat Mar 23, 2002 6:37 pm
Jaz
Late Night Spook
Late Night Spook

...and shooting orcs with bows and arrows works fine as well, especially when you're not that strong.

Post Sat Mar 23, 2002 6:43 pm
bleedingrose
City Guard
City Guard

I am also a level 12 guard right now. I turned myself into a meatbug and had a look around the orc camp. They won't attack you. When you get inside their caves, there aren't any orcs (Just look around first). You can turn back into a human and open the chests. You get an awesome two handed weapon that does 76 damage...you might even get more, but my game crashed in the middle and I haven't ventured back yet. Luckily I saved after picking up the weapon! Oh yeah--make sure you have another meatbug spell so you can get out! You can also try other animals (I tried a scavenger too), but the orcs may try to kill you. Luckily, scavengers run fast!!

[ This Message was edited by: bleedingrose on 2002-03-23 14:45 ]

[ This Message was edited by: bleedingrose on 2002-03-23 14:46 ]
Post Sat Mar 23, 2002 6:44 pm
Death
Village Leader
Village Leader

If you lockpick Stone's chest you'll get two "Rusty 2-handed sword" There better than the kunarks that the orcs carry and no one minds you lockpicking'em thats how I got my "Old rusty" my first 2-hander
Post Sun Mar 24, 2002 10:52 am
Gig
Southern Spirit
Southern Spirit

If you do venture into the Orcland you can get the best 2h sword available to you at this time (I think, I can't remember what Darrien has available). If you go to the Orc town, go past the gate and down into the area with the orc shaman. There's a passage to the right and one to the left. If you follow the passage to the left far enough, you will come to some jail cells, inside one of them you will find the Revenge steel sword.

You can go in as either a meatbug or a bloodfly and get past the gate. I go as a bloodfly because you have to transform into a human to get the blade. When you transform back to leave, the shaman sense the magic and shoot fireballs at you! You can outrun them as a bloodfly, but not as a meatbug.

''Perhaps I'm old and tired but I always think that the chances of finding out what really is going on are so absurdly remote that the only thing to do is to say hang the sense of it and just keep yourself occupied. Look at me: I design coastlines. I got an award for Norway.''--Slartibartfast
Post Sun Mar 24, 2002 11:14 am
DzD
Unknown
Unknown

My first two handed weapon was Lee´s axe. 105 in damage but you got to have 95 in strength I think. Then I got the other guys axe that are standing with lee the hole day. Then I got sillas axe in the bar on the Island in the middle of the lake in the new camp. But my favorite weapon when I was a rouge was the leader of the rouges axe. And when I was a shadow I tooked scars sword. Scars sword was the best in the begining.
Post Sun Mar 24, 2002 2:05 pm
LexXx
He who has no title
He who has no title

quote:

On 2002-03-23 12:44, bleedingrose wrote:
I am also a level 12 guard right now. I turned myself into a meatbug and had a look around the orc camp. They won't attack you. When you get inside their caves, there aren't any orcs (Just look around first). You can turn back into a human and open the chests. You get an awesome two handed weapon that does 76 damage...you might even get more, but my game crashed in the middle and I haven't ventured back yet. Luckily I saved after picking up the weapon! Oh yeah--make sure you have another meatbug spell so you can get out! You can also try other animals (I tried a scavenger too), but the orcs may try to kill you. Luckily, scavengers run fast!!

Try to transform into a bloodfly, the orcs won't attack you and you can fly over the gate! Later in the game you get a 2H-sword (Ulu-Mulu) and if you are wearing that thing they don't attack you!
Post Sun Mar 24, 2002 5:14 pm
sauron38
Rara Avis
Rara Avis

I think an Orc Dog will also work.

Post Sun Mar 24, 2002 5:21 pm
LexXx
He who has no title
He who has no title

Jepz, but then you ain't able to pass the gate!
Post Sun Mar 24, 2002 5:25 pm
tharitus
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Hey everyone...I new here but I've been viewing for awhile. I got a pretty decent 2h sword very earlyin the game, like ch. 1. Go to Cor Kalom's lab and attack the body guard. He'll kick the crap outof you and takeyour ore, but he won't kill you or heal himself. Just kep getting up and fighting him until he's down then take back all of your ore and his custodial blade. 71 damage.

Post Mon Mar 25, 2002 1:22 am
Death
Village Leader
Village Leader

That reminds me of something I did to get a great 2-handed sword. I got a Swamp Shark to follow me to the Templer warrior with a name gurding the Camp from the Swamp Sharks. At the last moment before he got killed I hit him with my sword to just make him unconssious and make the Swamp Shark chase until I got into a safe distance. Then I just knock him out again and took his Cross-Bow and 2-Hander. It was hard to pull off because I didn't want him to get killed. And it all happend in a single try!
Post Mon Mar 25, 2002 2:47 am

Goto page 1, 2  Next