Usergroups
could be good for Gothic2!!!
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic - General

Author Thread
bigkabuto
High Emperor
High Emperor

Teamplay,and i don't mean it in the multiplayer way...i mean it like this..take gothic1, you joined one of the 3 camps..let's say swamp camp...as the story unfolds you haveto attack the whole old camp with alot of sect buddies behind you...like a real WAR...big swordfights...maybe more gore like heads being chopped off..i really like to kill creatures in gothic, but it would be great ifgothic2 will have big fights with other soldiers too...like i said..a huge attack on the old camp or whatever...seeing all the troops running at eachother at a real deathmatch...now that i talk about this..multiplayer would be greatfor that..co-operative teamplay online
Post Sat Jan 12, 2002 1:54 am
Greb Jnnayr
Village Leader
Village Leader

umm, no. It sounds like a Baulders Gate game. Lets just stick with only controlling one character. And I hope they don' put multiplayer in the next game. Multiplayer has really down graded RPG since Everquest came out. IMO, multiplayer RPG's are not RPG, they are just stat building games, no real goal, no story, just plain boring. I feel that if they put multiplayer into Gothic 2 that it would take time and money away from the singleplayer of Gothic 2, and therefore problably won't be as good as Gothic 1 is.
Post Sat Jan 12, 2002 2:03 am
MWTBP
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

I don't think multiplayer would be a good addition either. Putting in a multiplayer option would take some focus away from the sginle player aspect of it. I do like to idea about more people traveling with you. It wouldn't be like Baldur's Gate, BG doesn't have the same graphics, or anyhting.
Post Sat Jan 12, 2002 2:16 am

The only thing they need to improve is the control scheme. You should have the ability to remap the hot keys if you wish.
I hate having to reach up to the number keys
at the top of my keyboard to switch between swords, bows, and magic. It makes it very difficult to switch weapons in the middle of a battle when you're surrounded. My only other complaint is how unrealistic it is that you can only get armor from so few sources. You find all kinds of weapons throughout the world hidden in caves and chest etc. but not a single piece of armor.
Post Sat Jan 12, 2002 2:50 am

pakaraatzi
Counselor of the King
Counselor of the King

I like the idea of having NPCs join you in big wars. I dont mean you controlling them, they would be on there own just doing the same thing as you, as when characters follow you around sometimes. Like having in the story, tension getting so tight between camps, that they start fighting, and you fight with the camp you joined.

One way they could do it, is that to prove your worth, you had to join like 20 other NPCs in a big fight against another camp. They could also have them just going on in the background, and you can choose wheather or not you help.

That just sounds cool to me, I dont know how hard that would be to smoothly implement but...

Regards Pakaraatzi

Post Sat Jan 12, 2002 2:58 am

They should try to get rid of all the bugs in Ghotic1 before even start thinking of a Ghotic2. A patch would be nice...
Post Sat Jan 12, 2002 3:01 am

RingWrath
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

yea well they are working on it alright
besides, i want to see gothic 2 asap
Post Sat Jan 12, 2002 5:17 am
DisiLLusiOn
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

quote:

On 2002-01-11 20:58, pakaraatzi wrote:
I like the idea of having NPCs join you in big wars. I dont mean you controlling them, they would be on there own just doing the same thing as you, as when characters follow you around sometimes. Like having in the story, tension getting so tight between camps, that they start fighting, and you fight with the camp you joined.

One way they could do it, is that to prove your worth, you had to join like 20 other NPCs in a big fight against another camp. They could also have them just going on in the background, and you can choose wheather or not you help.

That just sounds cool to me, I dont know how hard that would be to smoothly implement but...

Regards Pakaraatzi

why is nobody else liking this idea?!? i think its GREAT! i dont like what you first said, about the co-op online multiplayer thing or whatever, but i see what you're saying now. i think that the reason they didnt do it in Gothic 1 was cause it would be too hard heh. i mean if you look at it, in Gothic 1, when just ONE NPC follows you around (like Gorn in the free mine) he gets kinda buggy. like he might get stuck on a rock, or in my case, he just disappeared for a while, and came back to join me later on. now think of 20 NPC's with you, fighting another 20-30 NPC's!! they would probly all just end up running around in small circles, getting caught on rocks, or just running into eachother the whole time lol.

so i think that the creators of Gothic need to come up with some better AI and like someone else said, get all the bugs out! oh yeah, and not to mention, you would need a freakin' GeForce 6.5 to even play out battle scenes like that! but its still a good idea, i really hope they get it to work (somehow)

[ This Message was edited by: DisiLLusiOn on 2002-01-12 01:35 ]
Post Sat Jan 12, 2002 7:33 am
bigkabuto
High Emperor
High Emperor

yeah,now that i think about it, i leave the multiplayer thing...i completely understand what you mean, if they make multiplayer , they probably won't put as much attention in the sp mode like in gothic1.

about bugs, well...when i bought the game and played it for the first time,i had alot of crashes ...but to be honest...i havent had one single crash since 2weeks...wow...

but imo,i really like the idea of having a real war, with your team mates attacking another camp...soldiers with crossbows on the castle roofs, huge swordfights...and i still like the idea of having horses in this game..zelda for n64 had..riding the horse wasgreat..why not in gothic?
Post Sat Jan 12, 2002 11:51 am
lildragon
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

no multiplayer, that would just turn into the social/leveling/troll fest of DAoC and EverQuest, no no this brought back my love for RPG's, keep it this way no changes, just

1) improve the spell system
2) add more devasting combos
3) improve the control system a bit
4) Make more camps or colonys
5) give the ability to own some property
6) A horse for traveling

but no MULTIPLAYER to much of that garbage floating around as it is, just improve a great game that we all love....

Post Sat Jan 12, 2002 12:31 pm
bigkabuto
High Emperor
High Emperor

yeah that's for sure,

indeed, no MP

and i like some gorezones...

able to slash of body parts...i'm for more gore....with a sharp shord..one could easily chop someone's head off..would be great for gothic2
Post Sat Jan 12, 2002 12:58 pm
RingWrath
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

yea definatley
i would REALLY like to see other camps to join, that would rock..
and yea i showed my friend gothic, and he said it looked awsome, but he asked me 'are their any horses u can ride?'
and i i was like 'well.. i guess their isnt '
that would be sew cool
Post Sat Jan 12, 2002 1:17 pm
pakaraatzi
Counselor of the King
Counselor of the King

Yeah, nothing would make a big war scene better then having the people riding horses in the battle.

They would definatly have to improve the AI considerably for all that though. I think they could do it, but it would probably take a lot of time and money to get such an AI to work without tons of bugs.

Lets just hope

Regards Pakaraatzi
Post Sat Jan 12, 2002 5:49 pm
Greb Jnnayr
Village Leader
Village Leader

well ok, i would like to see a big battle just as long I only have to control only one character.

This next section may be a spoiler for anyone who has not finished the game or have no idea on how the game will end.

Since the Barrier is down, I don't see there being anymore camps in the colony, I would think all the prisoners would have gone their seperate ways, except for Lester, since he holds the land deed to the colony.
Post Sun Jan 13, 2002 12:58 am
RingWrath
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

yea i guess so..
i really wanted gothic 2 to be held in another colony tho
Post Sun Jan 13, 2002 1:58 am

Goto page 1, 2  Next