Screenshots
   Videos

Miscellaneous
   Staff Members
   Privacy Statement

FAQ
Members
Usergroups
Okay, just finished the game the first time!
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Divinity & Beyond Divinity

Author Thread
Michael C
Black Dragon
Black Dragon

Okay, just finished the game the first time!

The game was quite good if you look at the hole game.. The ending (after becoming the divine one) was rather boring with endless and not very challenging hack 'n slash in boring environment, and final battle and end of story also without surprises.
But before becomming the "divine one" the game was really funny, and the wide open huge gameworld was a lot of fun. Challenging quests, lots of NPC's, and interesting societies.
Had a few loose ends I think?:
1. The soldier camp where they all get "turned" against you by one of the "evil" ones, I couldn't find any other way than killing them all???

2. All the locked chests in the end-area, are they only possible to open with lockpicks and the accordingly skill?

3. Are there a 3rd potion for the last diseased???

4. Does the golden river exist?

5. Never found the artifacts parts to my elven girlfriend?, so I'm still single!

6. Found 3 parts of the dragon items (Sword, shield, necklace) are there more?
Post Tue Oct 01, 2002 9:02 am
Remus
Overgrown Cat
Overgrown Cat

Re: Okay, just finished the game the first time!

quote:
Originally posted by Michael C
The game was quite good if you look at the hole game.. The ending (after becoming the divine one) was rather boring with endless and not very challenging hack 'n slash in boring environment, and final battle and end of story also without surprises

i completely agree with you on the last part of the game. Before become Divine One the gameplay is fun, but after that the gameplay become rather boring (too much fighting). There must be other ways around to make the last part fun & tense (before reach climax & conclusion) without totally depend on fighting/killing truck load of monsters.

2) - locked chests: can be opened with lockpicks and level 5 open lock skill. i opened almost all the chests (run out lockpicks) but found nothing importants, just weapons/armors.

6) dragon armor: total 5 parts, (helmet from dwarf king, dragon heart from imps castle at Dark Forest.)
Post Tue Oct 01, 2002 3:38 pm
Val
Risen From Ashes
Risen From Ashes

I'm in the last dungeon right now. I'm a bit disappointed that I haven't had to use any potions.
1. I have found no way besides killing them either.

2. Goofy answered that.

3. ???

4. Yes, it's that sparkily liquid stuff in the Dwarven Halls. It doesn't seem to flow anywhere though.

5. Hehe, I had the dwarven jeweler make a copy.

6. There are also gloves.
Post Tue Oct 01, 2002 7:53 pm
Michael C
Black Dragon
Black Dragon

quote:
Originally posted by Val
I'm in the last dungeon right now. I'm a bit disappointed that I haven't had to use any potions.
1. I have found no way besides killing them either.

2. Goofy answered that.

3. ???

4. Yes, it's that sparkily liquid stuff in the Dwarven Halls. It doesn't seem to flow anywhere though.

5. Hehe, I had the dwarven jeweler make a copy.

6. There are also gloves.

1. Well, there is probably no other way.

2. So, no keys at all?

3. The 3 sick (plague/diseased) persons in the fenced compound, which the "doctor" visits. You find the 2 potions in the "doctors" house which can cure 2 of the 3 sick persons, but are there a third potion for the last sick person, or can you somehow create one yourself!

4. Ohh, I must have missed that, I presumed they still were looking for this golden river.

5. And she (and her father) did not get suspicious??? I guess those dwarfs are good craftsmen!

6. So I count it up to 6 "dragon items" !?
Post Mon Oct 07, 2002 9:57 am
Val
Risen From Ashes
Risen From Ashes

2. None.

3. There are only two. If you have the pickpocket skill then you can technically save all three.

5. He (I had a female protagonist) and her father were overjoyed at the return of the amulet. Well, at least my girl's new boyfriend was happy. Daddy dearest grumbled a lot.
That dwarven jeweler did a very nice job.

6. There are five: the belt, the helm, the body armor, the shield and the gloves.
Post Mon Oct 07, 2002 4:44 pm