Usergroups
I'm Confused
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Neverwinter Nights - General

Author Thread
HeWhoHasNoName
Lord of Sorrows
Lord of Sorrows

I think I have stuffed up my Character. I put a feat in specilizing longsword before I decided to go with a two-bladed sword and I don't have enough Dex to get ambidexterity. I only have 13 and I require 15.
Oh and I just discovered a neat little trick for getting more hitpoints. When you level up and get to that last screen that shows your hitpoints you can just cancel and do it again if it is low. Is this considered cheating or not.
I think I'm going to start again. Should I be a different race this time or stay with Dwarf. Should I even start again. Damn I hate it when I stuff something up.
=Member of The Sports Fan Club=
Post Sun Jul 21, 2002 12:38 am
EverythingXen
Arch-villain
Arch-villain

[quote="MoonDragonOh and quarterstaff isn't a double weapon. It's a two handed simple weapon.[/quote]

It can be used as a double weapon in pen and paper. Check out its description in the 3e players hand book. It was the easiest example of a double weapon... I haven't used one in NWN so I didn't know they didn't count it as a double weapon.

And you didn't mess up too badly, Patch. Unless you really wanted to use that double sword. If you did then yes you might want to restart. Otherwise you're fine as a dwarven fighter with a longsword.

"The old world dies and with it the old ways. We will rebuild it as it should be, MUST be... Immortal!"

=Member of the Nonflamers Guild=
=Worshipper of the Written Word=
Post Sun Jul 21, 2002 6:58 am
HeWhoHasNoName
Lord of Sorrows
Lord of Sorrows

With my Dwarven fighter I had already got two weapon fighting feat so it was really stuffed up. Anyway, I started again and this time I've made a human fighter. I've made him really evil like a Sith Lord and have chosen all the bad options since. Being bad is so much better. You get more Gold and get to do whatever you want.
My Human is level four now is is nearly as strong as my sixth level Dwarf.
I have got all the feats to reduce the penalties to -2 and I have focused and specilized in two bladed sword. I can't believe I was so stupid and couldn't figure how to specilise in a particular weapon. It was just that I hadn't focused in it before. I have just gotten the first creature and this time I have been a little bit luckier with items. In the boss room I found some ironwood and a +1 two handed blade. I quickly looked through my special recipe book and found a special tow bladed sword. Stone of Recall and a bit of running and I managed to make my way back to the forge. After paying the ridiculous price of 500 gold I could wait to use my weapon. Once it was done it looked really cool and had this extra keen thing. Anyone know what this those? I quickly discovered that you had to be level 7 to use the weapon and was very disapointed. I decided to save then because it was the first quiet moment I had had in a while. After saving I realised that I didn't have a weapon to use. I had lost my +1 two handed blade and had sold my first one.
Post Mon Jul 22, 2002 10:16 am
EverythingXen
Arch-villain
Arch-villain

Buy a normal double bladed sword to last until seventh level... and you'll rejoice when you can use your keen one. It doubles your critical hit range. Triples it if you get improved critical at level 8.

Instead of critical hitting on a 19 or 20... a keen weapon would critical on 17,18,19,20. With improved critical that goes to 15 - 20. Things are going to die horribly at the hand of your evil little fighter.

"The old world dies and with it the old ways. We will rebuild it as it should be, MUST be... Immortal!"

Post Mon Jul 22, 2002 1:31 pm
HeWhoHasNoName
Lord of Sorrows
Lord of Sorrows

Oh Oh will my weapon look cool when I equiped it or will it just be like a normal one. Will it at least by a different colour like red.

And on a totally different topic. What is with all these patches. Are they even doing anything or am I just wasting my time downloading them.
Post Tue Jul 23, 2002 7:43 am
EverythingXen
Arch-villain
Arch-villain

They're supposedly fixing exploits and stability bugs and such. Everyone needs to use the same version to play together, just like any other online game... so if nothing else, you have to patch for that.

But if you're only playing single player and the game is working fine for you... don't bother patching.

Post Tue Jul 23, 2002 2:56 pm

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3