Screenshots
   Videos

Miscellaneous
   Staff Members
   Privacy Statement

FAQ
Members
Usergroups
why won't Lares return the ornament with me?
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 Spoilers

Author Thread
denis1990
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

why won't Lares return the ornament with me?

I just finished the mission weapon dealer, and the missing people (the parts in Kholrinis) joined the mercenary, gave lord Hagen the message, now i want to go to the addon world, i haven't return the ornament with Lares so i went to him, but the option says "let's go" wasn't there! any idea what's going on?..
Post Sun Jan 15, 2006 6:42 pm
Pladio
Magister of the Light
Magister of the Light

A search might have helped you, btu aside from that, here's a topic that might help you...
http://www.rpgdot.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=1522013#1522013
Post Sun Jan 15, 2006 8:24 pm
Gotit
Captain of the Guard
Captain of the Guard

That couldn't be another problem? Pladio when you had the problem you hadn't the dialog option "Let's go"?

For me this missing option is coming from another problem. You need find a replacement for Lares to have this option. For that you should have discuss about a subject, I don't remember which one, which allow you to tell him you know the Ring of Water from Vatras.

Once this is done you can ask him again the question to know what he is doing there. And then he will tell you what he does there and that he is waiting a replacement. You can offer him help about that and he will give you his ring of water and explain you waht to do to find someone for replacing him.

Once you have find a replacement you can get back to him to say it and then only you have the dialog option "Let's go".

That said, Denis how you knew there was that option? Perhaps if you concentrate more on the game and less on the walkthrough you will had less problem.

In fact this option isn't required at all, nor to get him with you nor to find him a replacement.
Post Sun Jan 15, 2006 9:44 pm
denis1990
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

thx for the reply!
but this problem is because of the replacement, because i talked to Baltram about it already, Lares took me to Onar's farm, when he did that, i could see the option "return ornament", i know there is this option 'cause i saw it before
thx for Pladio's reply too but all it tells me it that i gotta use marvin mode to get throught this....cause i gave the ornament to Lares at the very first time i was in the city, if he won't go with me, i wouldn't get the ornament back unless i use marvin
by the way i'm in chapter 2 now, had the meeting of the circle of water at the tavern. can you only go with Lares in chapter 1 or something?
Post Sun Jan 15, 2006 10:35 pm
fragonard
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

I think the problem is from having Lares take you to Onar's farm. That ends the "Let's go" option. I did that on my first playthrough and it screwed things up although I can't remember exactly how.
Post Sun Jan 15, 2006 11:05 pm
denis1990
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

r u serious?
i played the german addon with english patch before, i think Lares took me to both places back then, could it be that i slept too much? it must be at least 40 days from the time i gave the ornament to Lares by now, 'cause i used 40 days to pray to Innos at the little farm (forgot the farmer's name...)

i don't want to go myself because i don't like those snappers...
Post Sun Jan 15, 2006 11:33 pm
fragonard
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

Well, that's how I remember it. I'm playing the Gold version, it could be different.
Post Sun Jan 15, 2006 11:54 pm
denis1990
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

crap...
so i guess ill have to use marvin to take the ornament from lares and go myself then
Post Mon Jan 16, 2006 12:21 am
Sem
Solid as a Rock
Solid as a Rock

quote:
Originally posted by fragonard
I think the problem is from having Lares take you to Onar's farm. That ends the "Let's go" option. I did that on my first playthrough and it screwed things up although I can't remember exactly how.

This is correct indeed. You should first go with Lares to the Water Mages and the Shrine in the forest and (when it's no longer needed) to the tavern.
Little weird, IMO.
Post Mon Jan 16, 2006 8:41 am
Gotit
Captain of the Guard
Captain of the Guard

At my first play I didn't understand all that Vatras and Lares stuff and get confused between various rings or bit of rings and water mage or ring of water and Saturas I get see myself he aksing me about Vatras..... Aaaarg!

So I got quite strange thing with Lares and Water Mages but when I solved the missing peaople quests and became member of ring of water. It suddenly solved anything when I talked to Lares after that.

So you seem in a special bug but have you done the missing people quest and then talk to Vatras to get your ring of water and then talk to Lares and go in the tavern for the welcome party?

You can do that before doing anything related to water mages, the pyramid and the parts of the ring and get Lares lead you anywhere.

If you aren't in the ring of water and have the bug, I strongly suggest finish the missing peaople quest then get your own ring of water and talk to Lares and go in tavern for the welcome party. That could solve your problems.

Additionaly, at my second play, I am mostly sure to have use the Let's go option for Onar farm and didn't get problems.
Post Mon Jan 16, 2006 7:33 pm
Gotit
Captain of the Guard
Captain of the Guard

quote:
Originally posted by Sem

This is correct indeed. You should first go with Lares to the Water Mages and the Shrine in the forest and (when it's no longer needed) to the tavern.
Little weird, IMO.

Sorry for the contradiction, but no I disagree, there's another condition than only do that to have a bug about this. I played mercenary, used the go to Onar farm wich is in fact the tavern and only much later go to the pyramid and then again much later to the forest.

If at a point you have used all "Let's go" options available this dialog option disapear but if you talk with Saturas and has the map with the altars got from the other water mage, then Saturas will suggest you to find someone to go in the forest. And then the Lares Dialog option "Let's go" will apear again if it has disapeared.

If you stick to the road and take a lot of care you don't need him to go to this shrine. The worse is 2 skeleton goblins that you can get one by one. If you can't get that, better level up a bit to be able get the statues by your own.
Post Mon Jan 16, 2006 7:42 pm
thermos
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

I'm glad i saw this topic. Ive been stuck for days. I'm playing Gothic 2 gold with the NOTR installed. I'm a member of the militia, ive talked to the water mage in town and he told me to go talk to Lares and he would take me to the other water mages to go through a portal. Lares had no option like that, he just can give me training, so in my journal it said the other water mages were NE of khorinus so i headed out and found the temple and went under ground and found the guys. Now they say they need the key to the portal. This was last week and ive been playing every night trying to get unstuck. I remeber towards the beggining i gave Laris some kind of amulet but i don't remeber what and i remember he offered to take me 2 places and i chose the tavern, but that was a long time ago. If this is a bug and he's supposed to take me someplace else can someone please explain what Marvin mode is, and excactly how to fix my problem? I would appreciate it much.

edit: One other thing, i remeber inorder for Laris to leave the docks and take me to the tavern, i needed to find him a replacement. I can't remeber who the replacment was so iv'e been running around talking to everyone in town many times to see if someone has this chat option, but to no avail. What was the replacements name?
----------Ok i looked in completed quests and the guys name is Beltram. He no longer has the chat option to relieve Laris so i guess it was a one time thing.

PS: Iv'e tried beating up Laris and was going to oblivion him to see if he had amulet but he seems invinsible, his health bar stays full no matter how many times i hit him.

Thanks,
Thermos
Post Sun Jan 22, 2006 2:03 am
thermos
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Ok through some creative use of the google german to english translator if found what i believe is the answer but i just can't seem to understand it.

It translates to this from german:
-------------------------------------------------
Since many made the same error as I too much Story of the original directly at the beginning to pass on, do not gather I times fast as one nevertheless further playing can if one yet the ornamentation Quest with Lares made. The whole is a nose thereby develops if one in the 3.Kapitel changes. Thus the language option disappears `` leaves us gehen`` with Lares. It through `` which gives it for Neuigkeiten`` replaced. Who up to then with Lares yet with the Wassermagiern truely does not have a problem. Since Lares has the missing piece of ornamentation with itself. The none one away continue to come is to Cheaten. Enter simply B pressures & Marvin. Then & kill & Enter pressures enter the console with F2 opening to Lares. Get afterwards the piece of ornamentation from Lares inventory. Then in Lares corpse with the O (ohh) for key change. Then with the F5 or F6 in revive. Now still into the hero back & already can you to the Wassermagiern & the ornamentation Quest change you get. To one that ornamentation places is to it you assistance with to get. That is naturally Lares, since option spoke `` leaves us gehen`` is missing must their it alone by the dark forest create (functions however). I hope I can many help. The whole I from the forums together tinkered yourself here. The best around the nose to go around is with Lares before that 3. Go to chapters to the Wassermagier. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now if i could just figure out what all this means i might be able to continue my game.

Thanks,
Thermos
Post Sun Jan 22, 2006 2:48 am
Sem
Solid as a Rock
Solid as a Rock

Could you give me the original German text, I could easily translate it into understandable English.

I think that the guy used the MARVIN mode and took control of Lares. With the O-key you can possess NPC's and use them as if they were the playable character.
Open the inventory of Lares and dropp the piece of the ornament on the floor. Now go back to the hero character, by looking at the hero and pressing O. The piece of the ring will be lying on the ground for you to take it to the mages.

Something like that.
Post Sun Jan 22, 2006 12:24 pm
Gotit
Captain of the Guard
Captain of the Guard

The translation is not that bad. What's probably hard for you is the cheating part that you perhaps never use.

It's quite interesting, firstly they say that the bug of the missing dialog option occurs in chapter 3. That definitely match many tests I tried with my current play, I never succeed to have the "let's go" Lares option dialog disapear but that was during chapter 1&2.

So they strongly advice to do this part before to start chapter 3. Anyway that's also the best play choice, even do it during chapter 1 is quite fine. But perhaps finishing the ornament quest later during chapter 2 is cool, you just need to have started it during chapter 1/2.

Secondly you are in chapter 3, no "Let's go" option, don't have the ornament part in your inventory and never bring the ornament part to Saturas. Nor report this to Nefarius (after to have gave the ornament to Saturas) to get the ornament quest started and get the map from him. Then you have to cheat:

You need start the Mavin mode which is a cheat mode:
- Open character pannel
- Type marvin
- Close the character pannel
- Top left of the screen a quick message should show you are in marvin mode.
- Target Lares
- F2 to open console
- In console with Lares targeted type kill
- Lares is dead
- search his corpse, get in it the ornament part and nothing else bastard thieve!
- Close the corpse inventory.
- Still Lares targeted type F5 or F6 to revive him.

I strongly suggest you to close the cheat mode by:
- Open character pannel
- Type 42
- Close the character pannel
- Top left a message like "What is your question?" should appear briefly
- You have closed the cheat mode, try F2 the console should not open.

At this point Lares is safe, living with all his items but the ornament! You get the ornament part. So go bring it yourself to Saturas. After that talk to Nefarius to start the Ornament quest and get the map from him.

From there everything should be fine, you can't get help from Lares to go through the wood but if you are in chapter 3 you should be strong enough to not need him.
Post Sun Jan 22, 2006 1:14 pm

Goto page 1, 2  Next