Usergroups
I cant stop playing!!!
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic - General

Author Thread
pakaraatzi
Counselor of the King
Counselor of the King

What do I do??? I've been playing since 12pm EST, and havnt stopped except to post here.

I cant pull myself away to go to sleep, its now 1249AM EST, a full 12 hours later, help!!!

Man this game is addicting.
Post Fri Dec 28, 2001 5:56 am
WHITE x CHOCO
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

hah i just stopped everytime the game crashed... kinda lazy to reboot it and all and then i would sleep XP

Post Fri Mar 01, 2002 4:41 am
mersil
Noble Knight
Noble Knight

Nothing you can do , but play it
Post Fri Mar 01, 2002 5:08 am

I think I lost 5 pounds because of Gothic lol. First day I played 12 straight hours. Man that fealt good.
Post Fri Mar 01, 2002 4:46 pm

Olgerth Heidern
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

Good God! At least now I know I'm not alone. This game is evil, 'cause you just can't stop. I think it has subliminal messages. I was up at 3 AM going after the fourth focus, I had to wake up at six, HOLY HELL, my apartment is a pig's den, but every moment I spend cleaning it is the moment I don't spend advancing the story... my girlfriend says she will leave me if I call her Velaya again... I'm gonna die I think... gaaaaaaaaaa....

We fight because we must.
Post Fri Mar 01, 2002 4:52 pm
Jaz
Late Night Spook
Late Night Spook

Ask my husband. He committed a serious tactical error by buying me Gothic for Christmas. Now he's sitting there in the living room, watching soccer while I play, poor guy.
- On the other hand he should have known. He made a similar error when he bought daggerfall for Christmas all those years ago...

Post Fri Mar 01, 2002 5:14 pm
The Hulk
Avenger, Defender
Avenger, Defender

quote:

On 2002-03-01 11:14, Jaz wrote:
Ask my husband. He committed a serious tactical error by buying me Gothic for Christmas. Now he's sitting there in the living room, watching soccer while I play, poor guy.
- On the other hand he should have known. He made a similar error when he bought daggerfall for Christmas all those years ago...

This kind of reminds me of the situation with my brother. He really likes Gothic, but he can only play it when his girlfriend is not around(which is hardly ever). If he tries to play it while she is there, she will get mad and yell at him or slap him around or throw a temper tantrum until he turns it off. She hates computer games and thinks they are stupid and for geeks.
I feel sorry for him. Thank God I don't have a girlfriend like that.

[ This Message was edited by: The Hulk on 2002-03-01 12:40 ]

[ This Message was edited by: The Hulk on 2002-03-01 16:33 ]
Post Fri Mar 01, 2002 5:28 pm
Val
Risen From Ashes
Risen From Ashes

quote:

On 2002-03-01 11:28, The Hulk wrote:
This kind of reminds me of the situation with my brother. He really likes Gothic, but he can only play it when his girlfriend is not around(which is hardly ever). If he tries to play it while she is there, she will get mad and yell at him or slap him around until he turns it off. She hates computer games and thinks they are stupid amd for geeks.
I feel sorry for him. Thank God I don't have a girlfriend like that.

Ouch. That is just harsh. Even if I didn't like computer games I'd like to think I'd have more patience then that. Your brother either needs to a) convert her (unlikely), b) give up gaming (she won't be satisfied until he quits), or c) find a new girlfriend.
Post Fri Mar 01, 2002 5:58 pm
Darnalak
Guards Lieutenant
Guards Lieutenant

Try A if A fails, go with C heh, Fortunately my lil woman gets addicted to games quicker than I. ( I can hear the cussing from the room after she gets stuck on a Tomb Raider puzzle for miles )

Darnalak,
The Necromancer

PS: couldn't get her hooked on Gothic tho, cuz there was no feminine model, but she did watch me play through it with rapt attention.
Post Fri Mar 01, 2002 6:33 pm
Jaz
Late Night Spook
Late Night Spook

My hubby loves computer games, too, but he's gregarious and thus more the type for a multiplayer quicky while I - as a typical loner - am foremost into the immersive single player experience (which doesn't prevent me from taking part in virtual WWII each Sunday).

I guess I couldn't live with a person who didn't at least tolerate my hobbies. I'm not into sports at all, but so what? If my hb goes biking or just watches sports on TV with his friends, that's up to him just like he tolerates my collection of military 12" action figures.

He just gets a little bit stressed when I do nothing but playing a computer game for days, and I'd say he's perfectly right there.

As converting people seems to be impossible (at least that's how I as a former parole officer see it ), I'm afraid your brother and his girlfriend will part somewhere along the way. But that's just my opinion.

=Edit: Hm, Darnalak, my hb is the one who always uses the female player models if given the choice while I usually pick the big, brawny guys =

[ This Message was edited by: Jaz on 2002-03-01 12:36 ]
Post Fri Mar 01, 2002 6:34 pm
EverythingXen
Arch-villain
Arch-villain

My wife is happy if I pull myself away from the computer long enough to sleep, work, do some chores, and give her a chance to play solitaire or monopoly or check her e-mail.

The sole reason I was able to convince her to upgrade the system was so she could play 3d monopoly instead of 2d monopoly.

"The old world dies and with it the old ways. We will rebuild it as it should be, MUST be... Immortal!"

=Member of the Nonflamers Guild=
=Worshipper of the Written Word=
Post Fri Mar 01, 2002 6:37 pm
The Hulk
Avenger, Defender
Avenger, Defender

You know what is also bad, once she yanks him away from the computer, she will make him sit down and watch soap operas on t.v. and other woman-type shows, like a cable t.v. show on discovery channel called trading spaces. I know he does not like t.v. shows like that, but I guess she is the one wearing the pants in the family, so I guess she was the one who converted him, not vice-versa...
Post Fri Mar 01, 2002 6:47 pm
WeaponX
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

My GF was really upset that she couldn't use a female avatar in Gothic. But she loves the game so much that she contiues to play anayway. She does however, tend to prefer watching me play.

Post Fri Mar 01, 2002 7:54 pm
Darnalak
Guards Lieutenant
Guards Lieutenant

Heh, sounds like the boy has more issues than just dealing with Video games... He's gunna hafta get a pair if he's going to survive .

Jazzy: I prefer to play the chars that closely match Darnalak (he really is an evil ^^^^^^^), so I hafta stick with the somewhat sickly Humanesque male figures, while she prefers to play the scantily clad dark elf type ladies. (Which is FIIIIIIIIIIIIIINE by me )

Darnalak,
The Necromancer

Post Fri Mar 01, 2002 9:44 pm
ffbj
High Emperor
High Emperor

Soap opera's? Man that is pure punishment. She wants a girlfriend, not a boyfriend.
Post Fri Mar 01, 2002 11:14 pm

Goto page 1, 2  Next