Eager Tradesman

.h

Last edited by Jamison on Sat May 04, 2002 11:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post Wed Sep 26, 2001 2:06 am
Gorath
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

A tough problem.
You can view it from different perspectives.

-Is one of the other Elder Scrolls games your favourite game? In this case buy Morrowind.
-Play the Gothic demo... feel like buying it?

-There may be a time gap between the games. Gothic definitely is in a playable condition. If Morrowind is as buggy as Daggerfall, it will take a few weeks to remove all those bugs. Strategy: Buy Gothic now, Morrowind early next year.

-Both games are interesting. (Insert Jamisonīs comparison list here )
Gothic has, now, a definite advantage: You _know_ itīs good! It didnīt get a single negative review (that I know of), got an everage rating of 88-89%, the excellent demo is available. All the infos you need to make up your mind are only a few mouseclicks away.
I donīt know, if there is a Morrowind demo out. To be sure Morrowind lives up to the high expectations, you should wait for some reviews. There are lots of examples of developers who ruined their games because they simply didnīt have the six months more they needed.
Another strategy: 1.Play Gothic demo 2.buy Gothic and/or play Morrowind demo 3.buy or donīt buy Morrowind 4.You may end up with none of the games

[ This Message was edited by: Gorath on 2001-09-26 00:02 ]
Post Wed Sep 26, 2001 4:57 am
Gizmo
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Thanx guys!
Well, I swaying towards getting Gothic
as I do remember the buggy version of
Daggerfall.
Hmmm I think the best thing is to
keep a very close eye on Morrowind
development and see where that goes.

I just hope Garusol doesn't turn out to
be a GREAT game otherwise who knows!

Cheers
=8^)
Post Wed Sep 26, 2001 5:48 am
Rendelius
Critical Error
Critical Error

Gorasul is a nice game, but completely different from Gothic or Morrowind. It's closer to Baldur's gate than to these two.

I have played the full version of Gorasul and I am still playing it. I like it. It isn't a revolutionary game or one that takes the genre to new heights, but neither was Nox, for example, and I enjoyed it very much.

If I had to decide to buy either Gothic or Morrowind, I'd buy Gothic first and wait with Morrowind until the first reviews are out. But in real life, I already own Gothic and will buy Morrowind the second it hits the shelves

Post Wed Sep 26, 2001 7:10 am
Alferd
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

I think Gorasul is a really nice game. I just played the big (german) demo and it's the kind of rpg I like. And it's even more rpg-like than gothic is.

BUT some players in Germany had finished Gorasul in just 20 hours gameplay ... that's really short. Maybe they adjusted the difficulty level to low.
Post Wed Sep 26, 2001 9:02 am
bigkabuto
High Emperor
High Emperor

8 Months after the German release? so when i that? when did the german version came out?
i hope the wait won't be long..
Post Wed Sep 26, 2001 5:12 pm
Michael C
Black Dragon
Black Dragon

I don't want to choose between Gothic or Morrowind, I want them both. About a half year from now I may be able to decide which game was the best, if any of them.
BTW I don't think there will be any simultanius release dates between these two.
First Gothic then Morrowind!
Post Thu Sep 27, 2001 8:56 am
bigkabuto
High Emperor
High Emperor

Can someone just answer my little question"?
i need to know when the german version got released so that i know when Gothic english version is arriving.
Post Thu Sep 27, 2001 3:55 pm
PraetorJudis
Village Leader
Village Leader

Read the thread titled 'Size?'
Post Thu Sep 27, 2001 4:32 pm
Hawkwind
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

I'm definitely not in a hurry for Morrowind. The bug-filled nightmares of trying to play Daggerfall are still too fresh in my mind. Daggerfall is a typical example of a game that got released before it was finished and tested properly - and drove people insane trying to play it.

I really hope they've playtested Gothic before it gets released. Mind you, having the German version out for such a length of time before the English one should catch most bugs that might crop up. After all, it seems there's little difference between the versions, other than the language.

I'll probably give Morrowind a miss for a while, and cruise the Forums to see what sort of reaction people are having. If it seems relatively bug-free, I will definitely get it, as good RPGs are hard to come by. I don't care for the top-down type of RPG like Baldur's Gate & Diablo - I like to be able to see what's going on. And that format seems to outweigh the 1st Person types like M & M & others about ten to one.

Another game I have heard about that sounds very good is Wizardry 8 - which uses an entirely different user interface & gameplay than the previous ones.

==Hawkwind==

[ This Message was edited by: Hawkwind on 2001-10-14 14:04 ]
Post Sun Oct 14, 2001 7:00 pm

Yo you don't need to worry about Gothic and Morrowind comming out at the same time...

Bethsoft said recently (like last friday, the 12th) that Morrowind is going to be comming out Spring 2002.

Post Mon Oct 15, 2001 12:11 am

Jamison
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

.h

Last edited by Jamison on Sat May 04, 2002 11:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post Wed Oct 17, 2001 10:02 pm
Hawkwind
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

quote:

On 2001-10-17 17:02, Jamison wrote:
I doubt it will even make the Spring release to tell you the truth. Morrowind will probably be a Christmas 2002 game.

Well, that would be a pity. But Bethesda have obviously learned from their mistakes, and have decided to release a quality, relatively bug-free product. I say, good for them - they will be all the better for it.
quote:

I have given up on that game, however. It wouldn't surprise me if the PC version is cancelled altogether. X Box is king over at the Bethesda offices these days.

Oh, I seriously doubt that the PC version will be cancelled....just too much of a PC installed base that far exceeds any console. How well Morrowind is going to work on a console (with a gamepad, no less!) remains to be seen. I personally wouldn't want to play it on an X-Box....

==Hawkwind==

[ This Message was edited by: Hawkwind on 2001-10-17 20:48 ]
Post Thu Oct 18, 2001 1:46 am
Stiletto
God Emperor
God Emperor

I am sure the gamepad interface will be really nice. They aren't going to put that much effort into it and have a crappy interface! I am sure they wouldn't forget about us PC rpg'ers. RPG's have to be more popular on PC than console. It has always been their home. I also imagine that Microsoft tried to make it easy to port PC -> Xbox and vice versa. As long as you use the DirectX interface of course <:

Post Thu Oct 18, 2001 4:32 am

Goto page 1, 2  Next