View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Ultima

Author Thread
Muddro
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Looking to start U9 remake project...

Greetings!

I'm looking for help from Ultima fans who own Neverwinter Nights to assist in bringing my own version of Ultima IX to life.

My rendition is similar to Eriadain in that I started from the Bob White plot, but I have pulled a bit of a morality play out of it and twisted it in a number of ways. The Bob White stuff is almost background now. I've expanded the scope of the story well beyond any previous Ultima (though I think it was the next logical step).

I've completed about 50%-60% of the story. I will probably create this as three or four NWN modules that interlock with data saved on the Avatar PC to form one story. (I don't mean Ultima 9 parts 1-3, but it's hard to explain without spoiling...)

Right now I'm just working on maps and scripts and such, and at my pace it's gonna take forever to complete.

- In order to complete it in a timely manner, I would need at least three people to help me create the maps (I've projected just over 800 areas total).

- I can handle the scripting myself, but a second hand wouldn't hurt for scripting. Second opinions are very handy.

- To really bring it to life, we need to take it beyond what is available for NWN. We'll need at least one custom content builder, and hopefully an artist or modeler.

- I've remade some of the music myself, but I'd rather find someone who is better at making music than I am.

*** IF YOU HAVE ANY OF THESE SKILLS AND WANT TO PARTICIPATE ***

Please contact me immediately here or at muddro@gmail.com.

Thanks
Post Fri Jul 22, 2005 7:35 pm
Dawnblade
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Sounds like a good project and i'd luv to be involved but time is not my friend.I could help out with the 3d modeling and music side of things.Ive used 3ds max for bout 4 years and can model quite well and ive been writing music for bout 3 years using reason....can write a few tunes if u like and a bit of modeling
Post Fri Jul 22, 2005 10:24 pm
Muddro
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

quote:
Originally posted by Dawnblade
Sounds like a good project and i'd luv to be involved but time is not my friend.I could help out with the 3d modeling and music side of things.Ive used 3ds max for bout 4 years and can model quite well and ive been writing music for bout 3 years using reason....can write a few tunes if u like and a bit of modeling

Thanks for your interest, I have pm'ed you.

The call for help still stands, for those left among the readers who would like to contribute.
Post Sat Jul 23, 2005 2:15 am