English G2...Soon?
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 General

Author Thread
Delo
City Guard
City Guard

English G2...Soon?

I see that rpgdot's news page states that Amazon UK has released a 'somewhat reliable' release date. I know that the people here wouldn't take space up in their webspace for a baseless rumor, so might we have a date to keep our eyes on? Even if it is UK, that's English, and I'll order it from UK If that's what it takes.

Opinions on the matter?
Post Tue May 13, 2003 12:03 am
Dbesing
Noble Knight
Noble Knight

i tried order'n from the uk they had air delievey listed but then said couldn't send to usa, same with german and any other i tried , but if u find a place gimmie a post and i'll be next to order
Post Tue May 13, 2003 12:23 am
Delo
City Guard
City Guard

Well, crap. How come G2 only comes close all the time. WHY IS IT EVERY TIME IT IS SO CLOSE IT TURNS ON US??? WWHHHYYYY???!??!!!?!?
Post Tue May 13, 2003 12:40 am
Dbesing
Noble Knight
Noble Knight

Its Jowood fault lol
Post Tue May 13, 2003 12:52 am
Abbath
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

hey stop complaining, u americans always get the games first, now it's the europeans turn
Post Tue May 13, 2003 7:17 am
Delo
City Guard
City Guard

Ok Abbath. If you Europeans get G2 before we do, send us some copies. You could probably make a lot of money if you set up an overseas shipping company before it comes out, lol. Just buy a lot of them and jack up the prices (wait, what am I saying?) and send them to us.
Post Tue May 13, 2003 8:09 pm
ziBzi
Necromancer
Necromancer

LOL..great idea
but i think they will be released in US and Europe around the same time,, give or take a day or so..
and maybe we should start blamming infrogrames and not Jowood as its Infrogrames who now control the release of GII.
Post Tue May 13, 2003 8:58 pm
Bigpapa
Stranger from north
Stranger from north

Maybe we shouldn't blame them at all, it's obivious that it takes some time before it hits to stores, i think they know how we all feel about this, i belive they release GII in this summer. Hopefully sooner, though.
Post Tue May 13, 2003 10:36 pm
ziBzi
Necromancer
Necromancer

it should be next month i think..
Post Tue May 13, 2003 10:39 pm
Milten Rulz!!!
Guards Lieutenant
Guards Lieutenant

I feel with you Delo. Ive been waiting ever sence I first looked at the game box for the game to come. I live in America too and I want this game fast as I said in my short lived forum that someone loked down without my consult. But whatever! Please all you companies who made this game if you read this release the game very soon!!!

For me
Post Wed May 14, 2003 1:51 am
zerostar
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

I've been contacting stores here in Toronto Canada, and they've said that the release date is October 15, 2003. I assume this is valid, seeing as I was speaking to the head of EB games. Before I found this out I heard about twenty other dates, apparently, all lies... ....First it was march 12, then april 14, and most recently may 14, but no......no gothic ii, not until october
Post Wed May 14, 2003 3:57 am
Gorath
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

quote:
Originally posted by zerostar
I've been contacting stores here in Toronto Canada, and they've said that the release date is October 15, 2003. I assume this is valid, seeing as I was speaking to the head of EB games.

Unlikely. If you read the news you know (or better <i>should know</i>, taking into account the surprisingly low reading skills some people on this forum seem to have. ) that Atari says G2 will be released in Australia on 7/18/03. Usually Australia is the last to receive new games.

quote:
Before I found this out I heard about twenty other dates, apparently, all lies... ....First it was march 12, then april 14, and most recently may 14, but no......no gothic ii, not until october

No offense, but it´s your own fault if you believe release dates spread by stores. They have to tell you something to get your preorder. Without something official they´ll make up a date.
The only exact release date JoWooD ever spread was 11/29/02.

edit: Sorry if my post was a bit too aggressive. Maybe I let some frustration about all the mindless spamming here out on you.

Last edited by Gorath on Wed May 14, 2003 7:10 am; edited 1 time in total
Post Wed May 14, 2003 4:13 am
Lostnumber
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

For Gorath....again

Impressive Gorath, how is it that you know so much about marketing, and the gaming industry? Or could it be that I am way too gullible and you are an excellent liar? Given that the latter is most likely untrue how is it that you arrive at the conclusions that you do and attain the information that you proliferate. Do you have ties to the elite gaming mafia, are you sleeping with the CEO of JOWOOD's daughter, a crystal ball, an all seeing minds eye, the gamers almanac or is a combination of the five? With the integrity of your information established, I am wondering if you expect to hear of any interesting developments concerning Gothic 2 during the remainder of E3? Lastly I would like to thank you for answering my first post a few years ago back when unregistered guests could post, it was titled For Gorath and was a run-down of an extremely low FPS problem encountered when entering the crawler section in the old mine, and sleeper temple. You where right the problem turned out to be a driver issue, that was just resolved in the last 5 months; the solution took a while but it still worked. Thanks.
Post Wed May 14, 2003 6:25 am
Gorath
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Re: For Gorath....again

quote:
Originally posted by Lostnumber
Impressive Gorath, how is it that you know so much

I never said I know much ...
quote:
about marketing, and the gaming industry? Or could it be that I am way too gullible and you are an excellent liar? Given that the latter is most likely untrue how is it that you arrive at the conclusions that you do and attain the information that you proliferate. Do you have ties to the elite gaming mafia, are you sleeping with the CEO of JOWOOD's daughter, a crystal ball, an all seeing minds eye, the gamers almanac or is a combination of the five?

Contacts, sources, open eyes and ears. And patience.
btw., you´ll be surprised to hear I´m usually not the one spawning information.
I´ve seen a dozen "G2 release dates" come and go, when JoWooD still said Q1 or Q2 and PB didn´t know who would publish the game when and where.

quote:
With the integrity of your information established, I am wondering if you expect to hear of any interesting developments concerning Gothic 2 during the remainder of E3?

I´m not sure. G2 is part of the Atari line up. It would make sense to use their contacts to the press for some promotion. This could ensure better media coverage than a small publisher like JoWooD could ever reach. The other possibility is they decide the NWN expansions are more important and G2 only deserves a stealth release. In this case the game will appear on the official release list and that´s it.
Anyway, the official Australian date stands. Releasing the English version only in down under wouldn´t make sense, IMO.

quote:
Lastly I would like to thank you for answering my first post a few years ago back when unregistered guests could post, it was titled For Gorath and was a run-down of an extremely low FPS problem encountered when entering the crawler section in the old mine, and sleeper temple. You where right the problem turned out to be a driver issue, that was just resolved in the last 5 months; the solution took a while but it still worked. Thanks.

You´re welcome.
Post Wed May 14, 2003 7:36 am
Phalanx
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

his right about australia being the last to recieve games :/

I'll be happy recieving gothic 2 before the year ends
Post Wed May 14, 2003 7:58 am

Goto page 1, 2  Next