Screenshots
   Videos

Miscellaneous
   Staff Members
   Privacy Statement

FAQ
Members
Usergroups
How to get Lord Chicken Sword Every Time!!
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Arx Fatalis

Author Thread
Malekitth
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

How to get Lord Chicken Sword Every Time!!

Yep i found something me think. Lord whats his name the chicken will give you a sword if your > Intutuion" is over 30. Those 2 rings with +10 each helps. I might be wrong but i saved right before i used the Strange Potion on him and got the bow 10 times. Then i load up again use the rings wich put my Intution at 30 and bingo sword. So i tryed 4 more times all with the Intution rings on and each time i Got Sword!!

Ok i know what is needed to use his sword now. By taking off armor and trying it with my char naked and then trying to equip the sword cant use it. So i keep adding armor untill i can.

You MUST Have a Close Combat Skill of > 60 < There and i think ( Maybe) a Str of over 12, couldnt get the str part 100% shure but thats close that or 14 but most important is the 60 Close Combat.

Edit: even with a Object Knowlege of 70 i can not identify it but i can use it no problem.

The sword, is very nice!! I chop up Liches with total ease because the Parlize " Stunes" them wich = no spells cast on me if lucky and no long casting spells like instant death cast because you should get in there face and start wacking away with it and interupt them

Life Drain on sword??? Well the walkthrough might say so but i went from very begining of crypt to the very end today and hot the Helm even and NOT ONCE did i ever see any Life Drain effect, dang. Of course my Bone and chair cheat might have messed things up ill retry with out it but so far all i did was Enchant with Garlic got +2 dex to show up then poision it for 12 poision. Sweet wepon still

NOTE: If someone else trys my idea and it does not work for them plz post and let me know. Maybe i just got lucky lucky 5 times lol not saying that im 100% shure that Intuiton really helps, just thats what happened to me

Last edited by Malekitth on Tue Nov 11, 2003 10:10 am; edited 1 time in total
Post Mon Nov 10, 2003 8:21 pm
Cm
Sentinel of Light
Sentinel of Light

I thought the life drain affect was against your enemy. It not only injures but drains their like each strike. I may be wrong. I'm just going on memory of past things I've read here and on other boards.
Mark Twain
Post Tue Nov 11, 2003 2:41 am
Malekitth
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

You mean sort of like poision? What i thought life drain ment was damage would be done to the mob and at same time heal me for same amount. What we call a life tap in everquest. Walkthrough describes the hidden spell life drain as that. I never got healed once from the sword and the Parlize effect doesnt last very long at all maybe 1 full second thats it, but works great to interupt casting /shrug.

Mayber Life Drain works different in arx?
Post Tue Nov 11, 2003 5:24 am
Malekitth
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

Ok i was wrong, Intuition, has nothing to do with the Sword. It is 100% totally random. But i found that my dragon bone powder theory is correct you do need 14 str and 60 close combat. If you dont have these stats but are like only 4 str low or 20 or so close combat low, just use Caprion's sword for the +1 str, then cast Bless and put on the Chicken guy's sword. Worked for me and it stayed on because it is required to equip really not require to use Kinda have to leave iton, unles you cast bless again but it worth it at this point of the game. There are times though where i think overall the bow is better. Better for undead, better for the Levitate and shot Ylside's trick, better for killing slow moving deamons, better for when you get chessy and move a bench or 2 the first time in temple of akbaa in like the hallway down stairs and pull them into it and watch them get stuck on it as you shoot those 3 the 2nd time in there.... ( the celing is to low they cant jump)
Post Thu Nov 13, 2003 4:32 am