View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > CRPGs General

Author Thread
crpgnut
Captain of the Guard
Captain of the Guard

Grimoire due out today?

Wasn't the nutcase, Cleve Blakemore, supposed to have released his game
Grimoire today? I went to his site and rumors are that he might overhaul his game to look/play more like Fallout. I doubt that there is much of a game here, but he sure fooled a lot of the gaming community! His "game"
has had a lot of coverage over the years. Wasn't this thing first announced in like '97?!!! I hope that he renames himself, Cleve Blakemore, the King of Vaporware.
Post Thu Oct 31, 2002 9:22 pm
Vidder
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

blah blah blah
just ignore it
Post Thu Oct 31, 2002 10:19 pm
corwin
On the Razorblade of Life
On the Razorblade of Life

Just dropped into Cleve's site and no release date is given. Hey give the guy a break, he's trying to do this game in his spare time by himself. If you can't do any better, don't criticize.

I don't use Smileys, I use Emoticons!!

Post Fri Nov 01, 2002 8:13 am
Michael C
Black Dragon
Black Dragon

Okay, no need to slize each others throat about this "software"! I will rest my final opinion about this "game" until it's either announced "gone gold" or "Abandonned" by the programmers!
I too have the impression that "Cleve" is organizing this game by him self in his spare time, however he have mentioned a few helpers on design, drawing, programming that have/is helping him! It will still be impressive if he ever get this game out to the public.
I can on the other hand understand why some people got a very hard attitude towards his game now, because he has made the same mistake a couple of times to announce a release date that always until now have been very far from the truth. It's for sure not easy to make an exact release date for many software companies, as well for Cleve, but he should have learned from his mistakes by now, and in worste case don't make an (un)officiel release date, if he really don't have a clue! It only angers people more born by their disappointment, each time the game don't make a release date!
But as I already wrote, I will rest my opinion until the date it's either announced "gold" or "Abandonned", and in the meantime don't waste too many thoughts about it, there is a lot of other good new CRPG's out there in these days, and e few more to come in the near future!
Post Fri Nov 01, 2002 8:51 am