I found it and bought it because it was cheap
15%
 15%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 19

Author Thread
Edda
Village Leader
Village Leader

I also agree completely with Daedalus' answer, could not say it better. I can add only: when I got up in the morning I was longing already for Gothic ... hoping that the 8 hours of work will be over quickly ... That has not happened to me with any other game.
Post Tue Jun 15, 2004 4:50 pm
Patriot
Small Tiger
Small Tiger

quote:
Originally posted by Edda
I also agree completely with Daedalus' answer, could not say it better. I can add only: when I got up in the morning I was longing already for Gothic ... hoping that the 8 hours of work will be over quickly ... That has not happened to me with any other game.

Yeah the disigners had made it to capture you and play it till you ended.That's the magig of the game
Post Tue Jun 15, 2004 7:48 pm
NeoCodex
Captain of the Guard
Captain of the Guard

lol your grammar sux

btw about Arx Fatalis, I think I'll try this game. I hope it's "better" than Morrowind and more similiar to Gothic series. I've played a lot of frps but not a single one was as good as Gothic.
Post Wed Jun 16, 2004 9:09 am
DA UNDERTAKER
souls will cry
souls will cry

quote:
Originally posted by NeoCodex
btw about Arx Fatalis, I think I'll try this game. I hope it's "better" than Morrowind and more similiar to Gothic series. I've played a lot of frps but not a single one was as good as Gothic.

i've played it... it's OK
Post Wed Jun 16, 2004 10:06 am
Patriot
Small Tiger
Small Tiger

Has anybody played gothic2 first and then gothic1
Post Wed Jun 16, 2004 11:28 am
DA UNDERTAKER
souls will cry
souls will cry

i have...so what?
Post Wed Jun 16, 2004 12:58 pm
Patriot
Small Tiger
Small Tiger

Well did you had any difficulties with the story
Post Wed Jun 16, 2004 3:12 pm
NeoCodex
Captain of the Guard
Captain of the Guard

quote:
Has anybody played gothic2 first and then gothic1

Yeah, I did. It was very different. Ussualy I don't care much for stories in rpg games and Gothic 2 was a sequel, so I have expected to have no idea what is the story about, but I loved the game and catched on pretty fast. After I finished G2, I played G1 and I was shocked
When I saw how did the Valley of Mines look before... New Camp, Old Camp.. There were actualy people, a lot of people, living communities. And now, after the dragon attack, all this is gone. The land is destroyed, abandoned. Only monsters are now roaming there. It was really an amazing experience to see how the world was before. Wow. And the funniest thing was that the ore was money there
it was such fun to play G1 after G2, but I think it would be better if I played G1 before... I never felt that "atmosphere" in G1 that some people are talking about.
Post Wed Jun 16, 2004 3:48 pm
Daedalus
High Emperor
High Emperor

quote:
lol your grammar sux

One of my friends has Arx Fatalis and i seen a little bit that game also , it starts also somewhere in a Prison [ a little bit similliar to G1 when u were thrown into the prison colony] and u can see some goblins and more of those creatures that u seen in gothic series , but nevertheless it didnt feel like gothic
Post Wed Jun 16, 2004 11:43 pm
Patriot
Small Tiger
Small Tiger

quote:
Originally posted by titus
well anybody knows Arx Fatalis? I played the demo, it was first person view, but from what I make out of the demo, it is a bit the same as gothic, well not the same but a sort of trendsetter and you start out without a name also. the only name you have is a name you get from an old man and is the translations of: without memorys

I had played the arx of fatalis but it was quit different from gothic.I din't like it.When you play gothic you feel the freedom to do whatever you want.
Post Thu Jun 17, 2004 9:39 pm
NeoCodex
Captain of the Guard
Captain of the Guard

I'll give it a try anyway. It doesn't have to be as good as gothic but if people say that it's a good game, I'll try it.
Post Thu Jun 17, 2004 10:16 pm
Gorath
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Arx is the spiritual successor to Ultima Underworld. Itīs common understanding itīs a good game. Just be aware that just like Gothic itīs not everybodyīs cup of tea. Arx was one of the 4 great SP RPGs in the golden year of the new PRG era (2002) together with Gothic, DivDiv and Morrowind. I count NWN as a MP game because SP was only average.
Itīs nearly impossible to like all the mentioned games.
Post Thu Jun 17, 2004 11:21 pm
NeoCodex
Captain of the Guard
Captain of the Guard

hm, I think NWN sp part was better than mp. there were other better mp rpgs than NWN. I've heared that pvp part sucked. Well I don't know, didn't play the mp, but I really liked the single player part, not to mention all the free modules and addons you could get for the game. I really played that one for a long time, a true hardcore rpg and that's why I loved it...

But no idea what to expect from Arx but I will try it. I didn't like Morrowind.
Post Fri Jun 18, 2004 12:30 am
Patriot
Small Tiger
Small Tiger

quote:
hm, I think NWN sp part was better than mp. there were other better mp rpgs than NWN. I've heared that pvp part sucked. Well I don't know, didn't play the mp, but I really liked the single player part, not to mention all the free modules and addons you could get for the game. I really played that one for a long time, a true hardcore rpg and that's why I loved it...

But no idea what to expect from Arx but I will try it. I didn't like Morrowind.

Well you can find it oin gothic2 cd.They had put it as a demo.I played it but I wasn't amazed.Hey guys what do you say to post the advantages of gothic games in compare to other games like arx of fatalis
Post Fri Jun 18, 2004 9:48 am
Daedalus
High Emperor
High Emperor

that would be pointless imo cos all those games that were up mentioned are totally different so u actually wont almost find any comparisson with gothic
Post Fri Jun 18, 2004 4:20 pm

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next