Usergroups
Does Age Really Matter?
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > CRPGs General

Author Thread
mDrop
High Emperor
High Emperor

I'm 22 and I've been playing both PnP and CRPGs for about 10 years. Got started with D&D and since moved on to a variety of games. My PnP gaming has been really slow for the past few years, afraid I'm getting a bit rusty

- Member of The Nonflamers' Guild -
- Member of The Alliance of Middle-Earth -
- Worshiper of Written Word -
- Proud supporter of E.H.U.A.O -
Post Tue Jun 18, 2002 8:28 pm
stealth
Protector of the Realm
Protector of the Realm

I’m 24 and no kids (I’m aware off anyway).

Been into games since I got my first computer; a C64 in the mid-80’s. My RPG addiction began with the Gold Box games and the Bard’s Tale series on my Amiga 500. Since evolution has taken me through 4 PC’s. I’m not limited to RPG’s though; I play what ever gets my attention.
Post Tue Jun 18, 2002 8:57 pm
DzD
Unknown
Unknown

I started to play games when I was 3 (not on computer.)
His latest, a hit
Cuz the Little One's a mystery to me

Written by - dteowner
Post Tue Jun 18, 2002 8:59 pm
Sir Lawrence
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

Sorry, Corwin, lad! I'm a bit older and know I feel like it! I'm 62, but my gaming history sounds just about like yours. Fortunately, I've had the ability to keep up with first rate hardware, and during the several years of drought on good RPGs I fell in love with Civilization, especially Civ II. (Hated Civ III). I've always liked the RPGs because they will move more at my speed. Prefer the TB combat games to the RT combat, but some are better than others.

My kid is 25 and he is a gamer along with most of his buddies. He can blow through these RPGs in more than half the time it takes me. He could care less about what kind of game or what kind of platform, he handles them like a bull in a china store. Me-I'm so conservative I almost hate myself. What I really hate is that I can't seem to ever change my character. I'm always a good guy and go around helping women and children. My son likes the evil character and kills and steals. I don't get it!

Never played online games as I don't want these youngsters kicking my ass. Just look at the posts in this thread. I stand in awe of the computer knowledge these kids display. And most of them don't even realize just how good they really are. Ah, well!

I agree that once hooked, you stay hooked. I'm just hoping that these great RPGs just keep on coming and we don't have to suffer through any more droughts.
Post Tue Jun 18, 2002 9:01 pm
TheLonePaladin
Mighty Warrior
Mighty Warrior

well i've been playing games as long as i can remember. but computer games...since i was about 2 or 3. my dad worked, and still works, with computer stuff, and introduced me to the wide world of gaming when i was quite young. o how i remember yelling along with my dad as he blasted nazis with his mighty chaingun in Wolfenstein 3D. when he thought i was ready (mysteriously close to the time he bought DOOM...), i started playing by myself. good times....and addictive times. my first RPG was diablo, which my friend JJ hooked me up with. after that i reeeaaally got into that genre. my dad is the biggest kid i know. almost every game i ranted and raved and begged for, he bought and played with me. he got waaay farther into Magic: The Gathering than i did. i was content to play with my fourth edition cards, while he ordered boxes full of booster packs of the latest sets.

....good times.....
"Though the gates that stand between the mortal world and the immortal Realm of Chaos are now closed to me, still I would rather die having glimpsed eternity than never to have stirred the cold furrow of mortal life.
I embrace death without regret as I embraced life without fear."
Post Wed Jun 19, 2002 12:07 am
Hagatha
King of the Realms
King of the Realms

I'm 46 and have been playing computer games almost nonstop since the Zork series in 1984.....started playing action games via Tomb Raider and Thief about five years ago (late bloomer), and moved into RPG's four years ago with the discovery of Baldur's Gate.

O,k I REALLY started computer gaming with Pong in the pub at York University.
Post Wed Jun 19, 2002 1:25 am
TheLonePaladin
Mighty Warrior
Mighty Warrior

sorry. i always laugh when someone says "pong."
"Though the gates that stand between the mortal world and the immortal Realm of Chaos are now closed to me, still I would rather die having glimpsed eternity than never to have stirred the cold furrow of mortal life.
Post Wed Jun 19, 2002 1:33 am
Jaz
Late Night Spook
Late Night Spook

Well, I'm 36, married, no kids, I played computer games since 'Pong' (laugh, Lone Paladin, laugh ... btw, your dad's first name wouldn't be Bill?) and pen and paper RPGs since '82 when my cousin brought AD&D from the States.
My niece is 4 1/2 and a huge Lara Croft and Sam Stone fan (guess who spoiled her); my favorite computer games aren't necessarily 'classical' RPGs - I'm more into the action/adventure/RPG hybrids of all kinds. I especially love everything by Warren Spector, some outlandish games like Realms of the Haunting, the Elder Scrolls series and Gothic .
Post Wed Jun 19, 2002 1:40 am
TheLonePaladin
Mighty Warrior
Mighty Warrior

quote:
Originally posted by Jaz
'Pong' (laugh, Lone Paladin, laugh )

thank you i will

quote:
Originally posted by Jaz
... btw, your dad's first name wouldn't be Bill?

Nay, fair maiden, mine father is Sir Thomas The First!
Post Wed Jun 19, 2002 2:59 am
Jaz
Late Night Spook
Late Night Spook

Too bad, because I remember a Bill [insert your last name here] dropping off his young son at my place for about half an hour and the youngster went wild with glee when I played the old Wolfenstein . i just forgot the name of the son. It's been some time ago, you know
Post Wed Jun 19, 2002 3:03 am
TheLonePaladin
Mighty Warrior
Mighty Warrior

hey that'd be like....really weird!. only i've never been to germany....that i remember
Post Wed Jun 19, 2002 3:11 am
Jaz
Late Night Spook
Late Night Spook

But I've been living in the States for a while... Iowa to be exact... well, a pity, might have been some coincidence.
Post Wed Jun 19, 2002 3:19 am
TheLonePaladin
Mighty Warrior
Mighty Warrior

nope....never been to iowa either...

maybe i have a clone floating out there somewhere...with a dad named bill...
Post Wed Jun 19, 2002 3:31 am
Doomisnear
Village Leader
Village Leader

I'm 22 and have been playing RPG since about 1987 or so. My first RPG was dragon warrior on the NES.
Post Wed Jun 19, 2002 3:58 am
corwin
On the Razorblade of Life
On the Razorblade of Life

Sorry for originally putting this in the wrong forum. I was in spoilers when I thought of the idea and didn't think to change. It's my advancing years catching up with me. Yes, I am a long time fine of Zelazny, especially the Amber series. I also agree that Planescape Torment is the best RPG ever. My son prefers action RPG's like Deus Ex. I don't play online games as they're too expensive from here. Think double the cost of our American friends. Anyway, with playing Morrowind, Gothic, DS, Might and Magic9 Pools2 and the excellent Wiz8 in the last few months, when would there have been time for online gaming. Some of us have to work too you know!!

I don't use Smileys, I use Emoticons!!

Post Wed Jun 19, 2002 6:38 am

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next