Bayjin
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Wizardry 8

Author Thread
iplaygames2
Master of The Realms
Master of The Realms

Greetings guys~

I just wandered into Bayjin, where all the Rajin are. I'm finding it REALLY difficult! I've got up magic screen, soul shield at the start of each battle, enchanted blade, missile shield, bless in the battles, etc... and these guys are still wearing my party out! The Rajin chiefs are level 20, my guys are only level 16 or 17. The sentries I can handle, they are like level 15 or 16, but when they move in to block the chiefs from taking damage, it makes it really tough!!! Any ideas? I tried freezing them, but they have pretty good resistance to magic in general...

Also, where in the heck can I find more musket balls? My ranger has the blunderbuss, but I'm out of ammo for it, and I can't find any..I've been to crock, anna, he'li, fuzzfass....nobody has any!! Thanks!

Post Wed Feb 13, 2002 2:10 pm
Danicek
The Old One
The Old One

quote:

On 2002-02-13 08:10, iplaygames2 wrote:
Greetings guys~

I just wandered into Bayjin, where all the Rajin are. I'm finding it REALLY difficult! I've got up magic screen, soul shield at the start of each battle, enchanted blade, missile shield, bless in the battles, etc... and these guys are still wearing my party out! The Rajin chiefs are level 20, my guys are only level 16 or 17. The sentries I can handle, they are like level 15 or 16, but when they move in to block the chiefs from taking damage, it makes it really tough!!! Any ideas? I tried freezing them, but they have pretty good resistance to magic in general...

You finaly met maybe strongest enemies in Wiz8 (surely one of strongest).
There is no specific way how to kill them, every advice I can give to you is about something you know - magic screen, misile shiled, soul shield.
What is also important is to buy and equip items with good resistance.
I personaly returned to Bayjin maybe 5times and everytime I returned back because I was too weak for them. So you will need to train your characters a little bit more.
And then there was a day - nice and sunny - when I returned there and I was finaly strong enough .

quote:

Also, where in the heck can I find more musket balls? My ranger has the blunderbuss, but I'm out of ammo for it, and I can't find any..I've been to crock, anna, he'li, fuzzfass....nobody has any!! Thanks!

Very rare items.
Umpani has many of them - they use them in their pistols.
Post Wed Feb 13, 2002 2:44 pm
Michael C
Black Dragon
Black Dragon

Well, yes they can be tough for your level 15-16 characters. Keep the protection spells you already use up but also try the following more aggressive spells like: Insanity, WeB, Freeze flesh, Freeze all, and "Silence" against the spellcasters.
Insanity make them fight each other. Web Freeze all and freeze flesh, leaves the enemy helpless and stoned, and makes them more exposed to serious hits.
Use "Armorplate" spell against melee attacks!
Post Wed Feb 13, 2002 3:01 pm
Sir Markus
Counselor of the King
Counselor of the King

I'm having the same problem with the Bayjin and Rayjin, especially a group guarding the entrance to the Sea Caves.

The problem is, every note in my journal says this is where I need to go, but by the time I engage this enemy in hand to hand, they've already decimated my party, which is around 12-13 level.

So basically I'm wandering around trying to figure out what to do. I bought the Rapax cologne which supposedly lures in a Rapax I need to kill, but I don't know how to 'use' this cologne, basically I'm stuck right now, I guess I just need to level some more so I can beat the monster group guarding the Sea Caves. Either that, or I need to figure out how to use the cologne to get to this Rapax, but those are really the only two things I have to do right now....
Post Wed Feb 13, 2002 3:32 pm
iplaygames2
Master of The Realms
Master of The Realms

Markus,

In Marten's bluff, there is a room encased on four sides by clear substance (call it glass for purposes of ease..)

If you go through this room into the courtyard beyond (the same side of the room that the catapult is on) you will be able to enter into the two side rooms of that area (the glass enclosed one) In one of the rooms, on the floor, there is a lever with a painting of a Rapax on it. Pull the lever, a dummy will drop out of the ceiling in the central area...go and "use" the perfume on the dummy, and then open the front door to the area...wait for the Rapax to enter, lock the door on the end, go into the other side room (not the one with the lever) and press the button on the wall...this causes...well, you'll see..

After reading this, I see it's very confusing..but, if you know the area I'm talking about, you'll know what I mean, I think...the central area (where the dummy will come down) is the area with the elevator to the Underground..

Hope this helps..

Post Wed Feb 13, 2002 7:19 pm
Sir Markus
Counselor of the King
Counselor of the King

Thx iplay, that gives me a 'nudge' in the right direction....
Post Thu Feb 14, 2002 2:42 am
iplaygames2
Master of The Realms
Master of The Realms

No problem man...I was stuck at the same place!

Post Thu Feb 14, 2002 1:36 pm
madglee
Guards Lieutenant
Guards Lieutenant

I was just going to post a new topic about this but i see one's here. i was just given the quest to find the coordinates to the savant spacecraft around rayjin..well i found pieces of one on a beach nearby but no coordinates...so i headed up north to rayjin and get annihilated by the sentries. my party is only lvl 11 all around...do i need to just roam around gaining lvls forever until i can finish this quest?
Post Thu Feb 28, 2002 8:31 pm
iplaygames2
Master of The Realms
Master of The Realms

See my reply to the topic you started, mad!

Post Thu Feb 28, 2002 11:58 pm
Michael C
Black Dragon
Black Dragon

Madglee: You are rushing to fast. I see you follow the "T'rangs" quest. But at this point I recommend to go to the Umpani's and follow there quests until they also assign you to go to Bayjin. This will boost you characters some levels before going to Bayjin without just wandering around.
Post Fri Mar 01, 2002 7:44 am
Danicek
The Old One
The Old One

quote:

On 2002-03-01 01:44, Michael C wrote:
Madglee: You are rushing to fast. I see you follow the "T'rangs" quest. But at this point I recommend to go to the Umpani's and follow there quests until they also assign you to go to Bayjin. This will boost you characters some levels before going to Bayjin without just wandering around.

So it is possible to serve both - Umpanis and TRangs? I thought it is not possible.
Post Fri Mar 01, 2002 7:57 am
Michael C
Black Dragon
Black Dragon

Danicek it's very possible, and if you play the cards rights, you can get them all to be one big happy family, if you know what I mean, and the later quests from both sides really gives a lot of experience points.
Post Fri Mar 01, 2002 8:05 am
Danicek
The Old One
The Old One

quote:

On 2002-03-01 02:05, Michael C wrote:
Danicek it's very possible, and if you play the cards rights, you can get them all to be one big happy family, if you know what I mean, and the later quests from both sides really gives a lot of experience points.

I did not do it. I did only TRangs missions and one of them was killing Umpanis - or not? So how it is possible to complete it and still make them be one big family? Or do you mean to make them family only temporarily?
Post Fri Mar 01, 2002 8:16 am
Michael C
Black Dragon
Black Dragon

No, I know they both want to make you destroy each other at some point. This you just don't do, but both sides also complain about a missing person. In a Rapax connected quests you can actually find these two prisoners close to each other. Freeing them both and bringing them back to there respective sides, is kicking the story in a hole new direction between these two clans, and a lot of Exp points are involved. I guess you have missed a lot of nice and especially funny quests by rejecting the Umpani side. I think you have to play the game again. You got a lot of loose ends.

[ This Message was edited by: Michael C on 2002-03-01 02:39 ]
Post Fri Mar 01, 2002 8:35 am
Danicek
The Old One
The Old One

quote:

On 2002-03-01 02:35, Michael C wrote:
No, I know they both want to make you destroy each other at some point. This you just don't do, but both sides also complain about a missing person. In a Rapax connected quests you can actually find these two prisoners close to each other. Freeing them both and bringing them back to there respective sides, is kicking the story in a hole new direction between these to clans, and a lot of Exp points are involved.

Very interesting, I will try it that way in my second way throught this game.
I see that this game is even more nonlinear than I thought it is.

[ This Message was edited by: Danicek on 2002-03-01 02:39 ]
Post Fri Mar 01, 2002 8:38 am

Goto page 1, 2  Next