I might Install Gothic NOTR again but
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 General

Author Thread
Paul999999
Leader of the Senate
Leader of the Senate

I might Install Gothic NOTR again but

Well if you remember my other thread after 9 hours of playing i just deleted it because i couldnt be bothered with all the same areas and stuff and it didnt really interest me.

But i'm pretty bored and there is nothing to play so i MIGHT install it again but i have a different question and this has nothing to do with the raven parts (only answer if you have played threw the whole game as a mercenary)

Now i played Gothic 2 three years ago and i choose the Paladin path i can only remember vauge things because its been so long but i remember for the Paladins there wasnt that much quests to do for them and i was mostly doing other things i cant remember well but i remember the Paladins of course are in the City and the Fire Mages in the Monastary out in the forest hill part and the Mercenaries are on Onars Farm and now i've heard you can play as a Water mage.

My question is if i do install the game and play seriously this time I'm going to choose to become a Mercenary because i already played a paladin my question is how much different will the game be if i Join the Mercenary instead of the paladins like i did before? Is it THAT much different? or is it the same basicly just a few new quests at onars farm and then back onto the main quest?

Just wondering how much stuff is there to do at Onars farm if i join the mercs and what does the most powerful Mercenary Armor look like is it the Dragon Hunter Armor?
Post Thu Dec 22, 2005 12:00 am
Maylander
High Emperor
High Emperor

Well if you remember my other thread after 9 hours of playing i just deleted it because i couldnt be bothered with all the same areas and stuff and it didnt really interest me.
- Like I said back then, the new area - Jhakandaar, is pretty huge. You'll get there already in chapter 2.

Now i played Gothic 2 three years ago and i choose the Paladin path i can only remember vauge things because its been so long but i remember for the Paladins there wasnt that much quests to do for them and i was mostly doing other things i cant remember well but i remember the Paladins of course are in the City and the Fire Mages in the Monastary out in the forest hill part and the Mercenaries are on Onars Farm and now i've heard you can play as a Water mage.
- You will join them, but not as a "class". You can still only play 3 classes.

My question is if i do install the game and play seriously this time I'm going to choose to become a Mercenary because i already played a paladin my question is how much different will the game be if i Join the Mercenary instead of the paladins like i did before? Is it THAT much different? or is it the same basicly just a few new quests at onars farm and then back onto the main quest?
- There are a quite few differences through the game, especially since it's the add-on too, but the biggest difference is(of course) the way you play it. A Mercenary relies on different skills and way of playing than a Paladin.

Just wondering how much stuff is there to do at Onars farm if i join the mercs and what does the most powerful Mercenary Armor look like is it the Dragon Hunter Armor?
- Yup, it's the biggest Dragon Hunter Armor. They can also craft a LOT more swords, so being a blacksmith is wise(you can make a special sword near the end of the game as a blackmsith+dragon hunter).
Post Thu Dec 22, 2005 4:10 am