Kevat's ring
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Neverwinter Nights - General

Author Thread
Temptress
Purely Innocent
Purely Innocent

Kevat's ring

??? I talked to him, before I found his Mum, and he "gave" me the ring. I found his Mum hanging out in the cave whilst stuck in the portal. Now, I don't have the ring? Where did it go? It didn't automatically give me an option to give the Mum the ring so I looked for it in my stash and it is nowhere to be found.

Wha happened?

I also went back to chat it up with Mr. K and he didn't "give" me the key again nor say anything else about it. Also, I tried an earlier save game and the same thing.

What can I do?

Is this an issue or am I missing something?

TIA ~T
Post Thu Jul 10, 2003 5:07 am
dteowner
Shoegazer
Shoegazer

Unless someone else knows off the top of their head, I'll need a little more detail to tweak my memory. What chapter are you in and where are you?
RIP Red Wings How 'Bout Dem Cowboys!
Post Thu Jul 10, 2003 5:49 am
Temptress
Purely Innocent
Purely Innocent

Chapter 2, The barracks. Past the North Road/East Road on the way to Neverwinter Wood.

His Mom, Kevat, was taken by trolls and ogres and taken into the caves. Shes inside the cave "stuck" in a portal.

Kevat, he's a drooler and quite a bit on the slow side, is supposed to give me a ring given to him by his Mom from his father that can get her out of the portal to free her. At least he did the first time I talked to him but then teh ring disappeared. (Not that I ever saw it.)

Did that help?

Thanks, BTW! You're so good to me. LOL!
Post Thu Jul 10, 2003 7:48 am
dteowner
Shoegazer
Shoegazer

I wouldn't sing my praises until you get an answer.

Sounds like a just-for-you buggie. You flash Momma the ring and she can then escape from her "prison". IIRC, it's a small reward for a unimportant side quest, so I wouldn't lose any sleep over it.
Post Thu Jul 10, 2003 5:58 pm
Temptress
Purely Innocent
Purely Innocent

Alrighty then. I'll try to forget it but considering I have bouts with OCD I dunno how long it'll last. LOL.

I still can't figure it out. I even tried starting over and talking to him and going to his Mom. I never got the ring again. (Not that I really ever saw it anyway.) Poppycock!
Post Fri Jul 11, 2003 12:24 am
Temptress
Purely Innocent
Purely Innocent

Flarg!

I couldn't do it. I tried the quest all over again and Kevat said he gave me the ring but I never got it.

BUG!!!!!!!!!!

Is there a patch for this?
Post Fri Jul 11, 2003 5:03 am
dteowner
Shoegazer
Shoegazer

Since it's a buggie just for you, you'll probably have to go with a reinstall. Don't know how badly you want to complete that quest... BTW, Momma's not terribly appreciative of your efforts.
Post Fri Jul 11, 2003 3:22 pm
EverythingXen
Arch-villain
Arch-villain

Did you check the local temple pool? all lost quest itmes are supposed to magically end up in this pool. I've never seen it work, but that's the way it's supposed to...

"The old world dies and with it the old ways. We will rebuild it as it should be, MUST be... Immortal!"

=Member of the Nonflamers Guild=
=Worshipper of the Written Word=
Post Fri Jul 11, 2003 3:37 pm
Temptress
Purely Innocent
Purely Innocent

@E-Zen: Yeah, I checked the pool. It wasn't there. THEN I went back and killed Revat (oop's) and it was still on him. But then the other guy Lenvil or something came after me.

@Fozzy, Err, dteowner: Mum's not appreciative, eh? Damn my OCD! Ummm, if I uninstall and then re-install my save games will be intact, yes?
Post Sat Jul 12, 2003 6:40 am
dteowner
Shoegazer
Shoegazer

Si, senorita. IIRC, the uninstall routine will ask you if you want to keep your saves, modules, and characters. Even if it doesn't, those files will be left behind just fine. You always have the option of moving them to a temporary folder if you're the nervous type.
Post Sat Jul 12, 2003 6:56 am
Temptress
Purely Innocent
Purely Innocent

*grumbles*

Ok then, mebbe I should just kill him? Ya think that would affect it at all? At least I would finish the quest. Heh.

I will reload the darn thing. I have a bad feeling about this though. If the game is bugged then wouldn't the save game be bugged to? I guess I'll be no worse off thoough.

Flargh!

Ok. Thank you!!! ~T

On a side note: PlanetNeverwinter's Forum is horrid. I've had my question up for two days and noone has responded. Grrrrr.
Post Sat Jul 12, 2003 11:59 pm
dteowner
Shoegazer
Shoegazer

A few thoughts:

1) I somehow missed the need to chastise you last post. Fozzy Bear is a no-talent hack. My avatar is the sensitive, yet witty, pianist Rowlf. I would expect someone, who undoubtedly wore her Izods with the collar up, would know the difference.

2) I thought you had a save prior to talking to Revat that you were going back to. If not, a reinstall probably won't help you, as you suspected. I can hear the gnashing of teeth and muttered "Would have liked to know that before the reinstall" all the way from here.

3) Killing him might be interesting. Momma wouldn't know until it's too late, although you might have to lie to her when you release her. She'd be pretty unhappy if you met again, if I had to guess (which is very possible, but not mandatory).

4) Stepping out on the Dot? You should have known no other board can hold a candle to ours.
Post Sun Jul 13, 2003 4:55 pm
Temptress
Purely Innocent
Purely Innocent

Ha!

1) Took you long enough to catch that. I know, I know, Fozzy is a loon and Rowlf is a scholar, but in my world if it walks like a muppet and talks like a muppet . . . .

2) I do have a save game before Revat, but since I ocsess about everything I had to move on and now I'm done with the Creator Ruins quest.............I dunno what to do now. I just need something to play with in my spare time. I mean really! A squeeky bone can only last so long.

3) Do you meet up with her again? Would I turn evil if I kill him, after all he is annoying? I don't want to risk changing any further *good-girl* quests. I wanna play the good guy for once!

4) *shoves hands in pockets looks to the ground and kicks dirt* In my sweetest girly voice: "I didn't do it on purpose."

Honestly though, "The Dot" as you call it, is beginning to be my favorite forum. I appreciate the candor and the lack of sleeze. I adore my other forum, immensely, but at times it gets a bit raw.

LOL! Ya know what? This smiley: Doesn't look all that errr, nice under the "Topic Review" Take a look below after you click on "Post Reply." I was almost offended.

Loves ~T
Post Mon Jul 14, 2003 3:52 am
dteowner
Shoegazer
Shoegazer

1) So it wouldn't matter that I started as Sam the Eagle, then did a little time as Animal before settling on Rowlf? Sam was probably more appropriate, but I just didn't want to go back after my brief tour of the wild side...

2) [Monty Python accent] Right then. Moving on. [/accent]

3) Could be getting senile again, but I think she shows up where you found Revat (archaeologist house, right?). So you might see her again if you happen to be passing through, but it's certainly not necessary.

4) Oh, I can be sleezy, but I want you to love me for my mind... There's a smilie called "clap" that looks a little like this- (minus the face) that's on the other board I frequent. It's animated so that the hand moves up and down. Much higher doubletake factor than the "no no".
Post Mon Jul 14, 2003 6:10 am
Temptress
Purely Innocent
Purely Innocent

Ok, back to the topic:

Thanks for the info! I still dunno what I'll do, but since I have moved on past the Witch in the Woods I may just forget about it.

-----------> See PM for the rest.

~T
Post Tue Jul 15, 2003 3:13 am