Usergroups
What do you read?
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Books & Movies

Author Thread
ScOut3R
Tempered Warlord
Tempered Warlord

Lady Armageddona: Does the second book of StarCraft out? I've read the first from Jeff Grubb and it ends like there will be a second part. But i haven't heard any info about it yet.
My favourite writers are Tom Calncy and R.A. Salvatore. So i like reading fantasy, political-thriller books. And about security- and defense policy, military history, military technics, the art of war. Maybe it's a bit strange, but i like it, and this is what i'm studying:)
Post Wed Dec 17, 2003 6:33 pm
Arma
Mysterious Lady
Mysterious Lady

I have read the 2nd book in the StarCraft series, and I find it mediocre compared to the first one. The author is not the same, I think it was Gabriel Mesta, not sure there, read it bout 4-5 months ago, and the story has nothing to do with the first book. The main reason for which is, I think, that the continuation is actually the StarCraft campaign. But I won't be surprised to see another installment there, as Blizzard have signed Richard Knaak to write several new books for the WarCraft (3 actually, as far as I hear, based around the war between Elves and the Burning Legion that lead to the destruction of the Well of Eternity) and Diablo series (as far as I hear 1 book, somewhat a continuation of Kingdom of Shadow, as it features the necromancer from there)
Post Wed Jan 07, 2004 7:31 am
ScOut3R
Tempered Warlord
Tempered Warlord

Thx for the info:) Actually i'm waiting for the 2nd StarCraft novel from Jeff Grubb. I hope he will continue the story.
Post Wed Jan 07, 2004 10:01 am
Arma
Mysterious Lady
Mysterious Lady

I think that the 3rd one is also not by Jeff Grubb.
edit : Yup, I checked at Blizzard's online store. It is by Tracy Hickman. But if you want a Jeff Grubb title, you may try WarCraft #3 - The Last Guardian.
Post Wed Jan 07, 2004 11:35 am
Neo_Genesis
The Assassin
The Assassin

just finished another book. The magicians' guild
it's the first part of a trilogy
Post Wed Jan 07, 2004 5:15 pm
Arma
Mysterious Lady
Mysterious Lady

I just finished reading the first 4 books about Thraxas. They are super cool. Can't wait to see the next one (Thraxas and the Dance of Death) finally get to stores in Bulgaria!
Post Wed Jan 07, 2004 6:23 pm
Toaster
Bread Alert
Bread Alert

I'm reading a series of books about the Swedish detective stories, just started reading the 8th of nine.

Tabbrowser Extensions
DictionarySearch
Post Wed Jan 07, 2004 8:25 pm
RPG Frog
Blade Runner
Blade Runner

Fantasy

Robert E. Howard - the King of Epic. Read his new reprints from the 1930s. Some of this stuff has been out of print for 70 years. I was introduced to him through Roy Tomas's notes in the back of Savage Sword of Conan when I was 8 years old. Marvels Black and White comics led me to read his stuff later in life!
18 books on Middle Earth(Hobbit, LOTR, Simirillion, Unfinished Tales, 12 volumes of History of Middle Earth)-reread this stuff yearly
Robert Jordan-been reading his stuff since he did Conan novels. I love his Wheel of Time series
Terry Brooks-been reading his Shannara novels since I was in Jr. High...he got me into Tolkien

Sci Fi

Dune-new and old. Frank Herbert is the greatest Sci Fi author EVER
Phillip K. Dick - lots of his writings have been turned into great Sci Fi movies...including Blade Runner the greatest movie of all time!!!!
Saga of the Seven Suns - Kevin J. Anderson...influenced by his current work on Dune

Historical Fiction
3 Kingdoms, Westward March - Luo Guanzhong 5 volumes of great 17th century Chinese fiction
Musashi, Taiko - Eji Yoshikawa (one of the best books I have ever read)
Shogun - James Clavell

History
Japan, Martial Arts, Archeaology, Medieval Europe
Donn F. Draegor - Western Marine who lived and studied esoteric Japanese Martial Arts such as Tenshin Katori Shinto Ryu while stationed in Japan in the 70s and 80s. He has 3 of the best books ever written by a Westerner on Bujutsu(Samurai arts) The only non-japanese to ever get a Menkyo in this 500 year old Samurai Discipline!

Comics

Old-school Transformers
Uncle Scrooge
Black & White Conan(Savage Sword of Conan & Conan Saga)

Holy Bible
Between the years when the oceans drank Atlantis and the gleaming cities…there was an Age undreamed of, when shining kingdoms lay spread across the world like blue mantles beneath the stars…Hither came Conan, the Cimmerian, black-haired, sullen-eyed, sword in hand…to tread the jeweled thrones of the Earth under his sandaled feet. - Robert E. Howard
Post Thu Jan 08, 2004 5:16 am

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5