Screenshots
   Videos

Miscellaneous
   Staff Members
   Privacy Statement

FAQ
Members
Usergroups
Goldenland has been released in russia !
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > CRPGs General

Author Thread
Dhruin
Stranger In A Strange Land

Hey, that all sounds excellent! I hope the english translation is tolerable.
Post Tue Sep 30, 2003 10:43 am
Myrthos
Spoiler of All Fun
Spoiler of All Fun

I saw the game in 2002 at the Games Convention, wrote about that and we had some articles on RPGDot about it. I for one am curious about whether or not they succeeded in implementing the unfinished things correctly in the one year passing.
As to the translation, I would be worried too. I really hope they hire someone external for this.
...you won't have to unbookmark this site, we'll unbookmark you. - Val
Reports Myrthos for making me scared and humbled at the mere sight of his name - kayla
Post Tue Sep 30, 2003 11:53 am
stanthony
One Smart Dog
One Smart Dog

Well, guys, I have the game 2CDs, Russian language, of course. I spent about 40 minutes in it and so far my impressions... it is truly a mixed bag. First and very subjective impression is that it is the best Russian CRPG released so far. Graphics is truly nice, especially after Lionheart. Animation is decent, too. I didn't like the font they used for menus - it is very lame. Level of interaction with things seems to be pretty bad so far. Few chests to open - no objections from chests' owners. Voices are terrible! Seems like the work was done by complete amateurs on college radio station. Dialogues are simple. Journal is vast - they put books you read about history, religion etc in journal under separate bookmark and it is quite convenient. Character system seems complex enough. But I didn't move one level, so I don't know for sure. I selected pre-made character, as I had no time to explore manual so far. Some objects have their detailed description a'la BG, some don't. Locations are *big* and map of the world is absolutely *huge* with at least 10 major cities, maybe more. No battles yet - no enemies while moving through first building and along two city streets, but you can always push the game into turn-based battle mode (works just like pressing Enter in Might and Magic series). I approached city guard, turned this mode on, and... didn't manage to attack the guy! I didn't know how to do it. I think you're able to attack at will though, I should just explore it a bit. Interface is somewhat unusual, some buttons are too small, but seems workable enough. Paper doll is there. Pop-ups with help for each button etc.

My very premature opinion is that this game is worth looking at, and worth giving it a try. At least. Maybe better, but not worse.

I will explore this game in the future and will let you know about my opinion in big review. Just need some time. Don't think time will let me play in the nearest couple of weeks.

R.A.Salvatore The Cleric Quintet. Canticle
Post Fri Oct 17, 2003 3:57 pm
Seth
Last Man Standing
Last Man Standing

So instead of playing you going to do what, sleeping, eating, God forbid working? Get you bottom in front of PC and start translating, I want to try this game.
Post Fri Oct 17, 2003 10:04 pm
stanthony
One Smart Dog
One Smart Dog

LOL

R.A.Salvatore The Cleric Quintet. Canticle
Post Sat Oct 18, 2003 6:24 am
Dhruin

That sounds promising, stanthony.

Sounds like it might suffer from the usual problem - excellent ideas but lack of funds or expertise to get the production values perfect (voice acting etc).
Post Sat Oct 18, 2003 8:25 am

Goto page Previous  1, 2