Start of Gothic III
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 General

Author Thread
Bytespawn
Tempered Warlord
Tempered Warlord

Start of Gothic III

... and the human slew the beast and it entered into Beliars realm, and Adanos saw that chaos and order were now unequal, and he asked Innos to take his devine power from the human, and Innos, in his wisdom, did so....

Does this mean you will have to start from lvl 1 all over again at the start in Gothic 3...? Oh, man!!!!!!
I wonder how the storymakers will do it this time, will our hero be slain once again, or will he suffer a near lethal blow from an attack of orc-vessels on the way to the mainland? Im pretty curious about the entire storyline in Gothic 3; I think im addicted to it already. On subject, what do you guys think about the start of Gothic 3?
Post Sat Jun 26, 2004 9:41 pm
Galamoth
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Re: Start of Gothic III

Dunno anything about G3 yet, but I've heard that In Extremo is to make another cameo appearence...
Post Sun Jun 27, 2004 5:46 am
Sem
Solid as a Rock
Solid as a Rock

I think that in this case Vatras is telling a historic tale, he also tells about the earth's creation and the birth and war of the three gods.
That would mean he's telling the beginning of Gothic 2. You have send the Sleeper to perhaps Beliar's realm and indeed lost your powers.

It could also be indeed for G3, but the developers have already stated that you will not lose all your powers. On the contrary, you will be able to export your G2 hero and import it in G3 (it will not be the superhero it was in G2, but some of his powers and skills remain.)
Post Sun Jun 27, 2004 10:31 am
qcputwqvmrorib
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

quote:
Originally posted by Sem
I think that in this case Vatras is telling a historic tale, he also tells about the earth's creation and the birth and war of the three gods.
That would mean he's telling the beginning of Gothic 2. You have send the Sleeper to perhaps Beliar's realm and indeed lost your powers.

It could also be indeed for G3, but the developers have already stated that you will not lose all your powers. On the contrary, you will be able to export your G2 hero and import it in G3 (it will not be the superhero it was in G2, but some of his powers and skills remain.)
I think they said that it is only perhaps possible that you can import your hero. But it's right that you will not lose all your powers. They also said that you won't lose any power because your ship will sink.

I don't think that Vatras story is about recent developments.
There are various speculations:

1. Everything happens again. There is a circle. Beliar gets power, he is defeated by the human, the humans power is taken away by Innos, Beliar gets power, etc.

2. Vatras is telling a story about old historical events. In the German JoWooD forum we tried to make a timeline of the past of the Gothic world, using Vatras speech and other sources from the game.
Post Sun Jun 27, 2004 1:25 pm
Daedalus
High Emperor
High Emperor

ehe i knew from the beginning allready that this story can mean something in the next sequels maybe , the story tells also about the old past but it deffenetly tells something from the future sequels also imo
Post Sun Jun 27, 2004 2:57 pm
Byblos
Village Leader
Village Leader

WHat I belive to be true, which I read somewhere is your char will lose most of his abilities from Idling on the ship on the way to the mainland.
Post Sun Jun 27, 2004 5:17 pm
qcputwqvmrorib
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

quote:
Originally posted by Byblos
WHat I belive to be true, which I read somewhere is your char will lose most of his abilities from Idling on the ship on the way to the mainland.
Well, they have said that the journey to the mainland will be long. But I think it would be too easy, because the have also said that the hero won't fall into the water losing power because it is the first possibility you guess.
Post Sun Jun 27, 2004 9:33 pm
Daedalus
High Emperor
High Emperor

ehe the long and exausting journey will weaken you imo i dont think something will happen again like in G1 happened[ u were left in a ruined temple under rocks] i dont think u gonna fall in water or anything , but like u allready know in the old days the ships didnt move that fast like nowdays ships it took many months or even years and the sun + rainy and stormy weathers made the hero weaker , but thats again only my opinion
Post Mon Jun 28, 2004 1:14 pm
Patriot
Small Tiger
Small Tiger

Now that you mention about the temple the devs had done a big mistake.At the end you hear the hero saying"When I returned at surface the barrier wasn't at it's place.And the adventure has already begun for me".How can he says that he returned at surface when the rocks hit him
Post Mon Jun 28, 2004 1:27 pm
qcputwqvmrorib
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

quote:
Originally posted by Daedalus
ehe the long and exausting journey will weaken you imo i dont think something will happen again like in G1 happened[ u were left in a ruined temple under rocks] i dont think u gonna fall in water or anything , but like u allready know in the old days the ships didnt move that fast like nowdays ships it took many months or even years and the sun + rainy and stormy weathers made the hero weaker , but thats again only my opinion
The distance between Khorinis and the capital isn't very long.

When Rhobar II ordered Lord Hagen to go to Khorinis, return with ore he had to know that the barrier had already fallen, because if the barriere had not fallen, Lord Hagen would had to enter it to dig ore. In that case he would not be able to return.

Between the falling of the Barrier and the beginning of G3, there are 30 days. When you enter the town of Khorinis on the same day Thorben tells you that the Paladiens have entered the city one or two weeks ago. That meens that during 24 - 16 days a ship have informed the King of the falling of the barriere and after that the Paladiens traveld to Khorinis. The Paladiens needed at least one day to prepare the voyage.

=> 2 voyags during 23 - 15 days
=> an average voyage needs between 7,5 and 11,5 days
Because of the wind or other natural conditions it can be that you need from Khorinis to the capital longer than from the capital to Khorinis. Also it can be that the average time of a voyage depents on the season.

It has to happen something which extend the voyage of the hero to the mainland. Perhaps the season changes or the hero wants to enter the mainland far away from the capital.[/list]
Post Mon Jun 28, 2004 9:29 pm
Byblos
Village Leader
Village Leader

I doubt they put that much into the idea..
Post Tue Jun 29, 2004 1:00 am
jmurdock
Old Fogey
Old Fogey

He did return to the surface, just not under his own power.

REMEMBER... Many saves, many slots!!!
Post Tue Jun 29, 2004 2:19 am
Izludious
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

You may be able to import you're character,or so I've heard. You will not keep the same things you're character had before. I do not know the full detail,but I'd rather start over. Or else you could just kill everything so quickly. Importing your character would make more sense anyway,because you would get weaker from being on a ship for so long. But you have people who train you on the ship also.
Post Tue Jun 29, 2004 4:15 am
Daedalus
High Emperor
High Emperor

ehe i dont think that u can import your character from gothic 2 to gothic 3 in the last interview with the devs we heard that the hero wont loose all his abilitys , he will be just weaker that explains to us that the hero just will have like lockpicking skills and maybe kill some scavs or goblins a little bit faster than in gothic 2 but surely i dont think it will be possible to import your character there , it would unbalance the game totally if u fight with a level lets say 70 ?
Post Tue Jun 29, 2004 8:21 pm
Bytespawn
Tempered Warlord
Tempered Warlord

Gothic 2 intro movie: you die.
Xardas' tower. 13 days later. You revive. The paladins arrived 2 weeks ago
that means the barrier fell 1 day before the paladins came. How come, you ask? Well... the King sent his men for a mission to get ore, not to keep the miners imprisoned, he didn't even know about that. The ore supply ran low because the old mine collapsed, and since the ore dug by the New camp didn't go to the Mainland (they saved it to explode the barrier with it), the king got worried soon after Gomez' mine collapsed, the only supply line of magical ore for the king. But on topic:It refers to Gothic 1, maybe, so if it does, you think Adanos would change his mind completely and not ask Innos to take his power away? As qcputwqvmrorib said (and yes i did copy paste this name) its a never ending circle, the gods fight eachother trough the earth, the chosen of Innos vs The Chosen of Beliar. In all 2 Gothics the ending enemy was the chosen of Innos( i will not say who cause it would be a spoiler) In gothic 3 it will be
Spoiler:
Xardas
and you will kill him, or he will kill you. Theres no other choice, ofcourse i'm always open to a change of the storyline, like the new chosen of Beliar not willing to serve Beliar, maybe even one of the gods get killed? Maybe even Adanos, so all balance in the world would vanish and so it would be possible to end the everlasting war between Good and Evil, men and orcs, Innos and Beliar, maybe you get to kill Beliar? So it would be possible to end the circle, and Pb would be given a deserved break!
ok so I got oftopic again, the main subject was the beginning of G3, ive seen a version of the story (in another post on this forum) where beliars servants are trying a ritual on you but they will not complete it so you will not lose all of your strength , i find that an interesting concept, because there is no 'impossible' side on it, you cant say: ' no that won't happen because in Gothic 2 that happens ....) Another explanation would be you getting in some sort of special coma , because at the beginning of the journey you got a bash from an orchammer... or a painfull scratch from GII final enemy...
Post Tue Jun 29, 2004 9:55 pm

Goto page 1, 2  Next