Usergroups
International partner: Infogrames!
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 General

Author Thread
knaseren
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

this will be my last time to visit the forum about gothic2. i have lost interest in waiting for gothic 2.

im spending my money on asherons call 2 instead. its an online mmorpg game very nice and i have 3 friends that wanna play also , so we have formed at fellowship and uses teamspeak to voice communicate with each other. very fun.
Post Mon May 12, 2003 10:08 pm
Gorath
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

quote:
Originally posted by ziBzi
God please make Infrogrames announce the release date of GII at E3!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Some release dates were in the news yesterday.

DVD boxes:
The reason is simple: smaller boxes --> more units per m^2 --> more possible sales --> more revenue.
You can thank Wallmart for the smaller boxes.
PC games compete with DVDs and console games for the available shelf space. A fight they cannot win. (Because console games and DVDs sell far more units with at least twice the margin.)

I hate these DVD boxes. Iīm collector, I want a good manuals and some gimmicks. I didnīt buy a single game in a DVD box for full prize so far. Games without collection value are disqualified immediately.
Post Mon May 12, 2003 10:40 pm
Lostnumber
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

Saw this and had to post it! So if I understand correctly there is a good chance that Atari will anounce their official release dates for Gothic 2 at E3. If not, I guess that I can at least expect a summer release for the U.S. version of Gothic 2, no? I'll have plenty of money, and a new pc I just hope that I have something ( hint: Gothic 2) to put them to good use with. And for those who claim that theif three will be released this coming fall. Where do you get your info from, I do not doubt you I would just like to read more myself. I am an avid fan of the thief series, a compelling story and captivating gameplay will do that to a guy, so the more info the better off I am.
Post Tue May 13, 2003 12:10 am
Dbesing
Noble Knight
Noble Knight

you know the Forum at Jowood Became fun when this one nimrod is trying to guess my sex, even thou i have a photo there, and then he posted later cussing at everyone cause no one answered him lol this is why i perfer the rpgdot forums lol
Post Tue May 13, 2003 12:21 am
Jaz
Late Night Spook
Late Night Spook

The smaller the boxes, the more games I can cram into my games drawer, so I actually like DVD boxes. The usual huge cardbord things are cut up the moment they arrive - I keep the front part for filing, the sides make nice bookmarks.
Post Tue May 13, 2003 6:01 am
Gig
Southern Spirit
Southern Spirit

quote:
Originally posted by Chekote
I hope the US publishers just give up on the horrible carboard boxes (even the smaller ones) and just use DVD instead. They are so much nicer...
Some of the new games even still come out in the big boxes! Morrowind is in the little box now but when I bought it at release time it was in one the big ones. I remember wondering when we were going to start seeing the little boxes at the time. Now that we have an X-box I find myself wondering why all the games don't come in DVD cases... they're so much nicer. Maybe it's because the publishers want to have foldout covers and all that stuff for screenshots.
Post Tue May 13, 2003 6:01 pm

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8