Usergroups
Is Dungeon siege...
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Dungeon Siege

Author Thread
Provis
High Emperor
High Emperor

Yes, I agree, Rune is a better game. Though they are not very similar, IMO.

"Yea, so what I didn't like Planescape: Torment, what are you gonna do about it?" - Provis
Post Thu Oct 10, 2002 12:20 am
Zakhal
Captain of the Guard
Captain of the Guard

No, this games is not worth any money. Just played it like 2 hours, hack hack hack. Endless spawns of mobs and i need to click most of them so they die. Hurts my mousearm. This is a worthless piece of stinky due super-action "roleplaying" game. I give it 1 out of 10 for having non-level based exprience system.

Oh, and the graphs sucked too.
Post Sun Oct 13, 2002 6:31 am
Danicek
The Old One
The Old One

quote:
Originally posted by Zakhal
No, this games is not worth any money. Just played it like 2 hours, hack hack hack. Endless spawns of mobs and i need to click most of them so they die. Hurts my mousearm. This is a worthless piece of stinky due super-action "roleplaying" game. I give it 1 out of 10 for having non-level based exprience system.

Oh, and the graphs sucked too.

You are speaking too bad about this game. It is hack hack hack game. They do not say anything else. Ofcourse that people who do not like this kind of games will be bored very soon. This game is not for them and they should not buy it.
This is endless hack hack hack game, but there is a lot of different creatures. Also there is a lot of different lands and dungeons where you play. This is something that makes it interesting to go - ofcourse just for someone.
Post Sat Oct 19, 2002 3:42 pm
Pug
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

I enjoyed the game ,in fact i'm playing it agian after finishing it about 4 mo. ago, (killing time for Gothic 2) . I hope thay come out with another one.
Post Fri Oct 25, 2002 10:14 pm
xSamhainx
Paws of Doom
Paws of Doom

Gorath said-
quote:
Rune is better than DS. And it´s not even a great game. Only a good one.

Agreed that Rune was ok, I got Rune for ten bucks in the bargain bin, and tho it was a gorgeously rendered game, the actual gameplay itself was simple and totally redndant. Good to powergame to some speed-metal over a weekend, just to put another game under thy belt. But to say that its better than DS is pretty harsh on DS, I havent played it yet but it's not too encouraging to hear that. Dont you have a party in DS? Arent there also alot of diffrent locales in DS? Theres none of this in Rune, same solo guy, same enemies, same locales over and over. Ive been saving DS for a rainy day, say it isnt so!

The game "Dungeon Siege" is totally misleading in the first place anyway, it sounds as if it has something to do with siege weapons and the like. Just from reading all the reviews I can tell it has nothing at all to do with siege warfare.
“Then away out in the woods I heard that kind of a sound that a ghost makes when it wants to tell about something that's on its mind and can't make itself understood, and so can't rest easy in its grave, and has to go about that way every night grieving.”-Mark Twain
Post Fri Nov 01, 2002 9:05 am
maligni
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

perfect 3-rd person interface

Definitely the best interface on the market for a third-person RPG. Completely intuitive, with the exception - maybe - of the offense/defense controls (attack freely, hold ground, etc.) My problems with these might have been just that - my problems. Dunno. Otherwise, perfect use of mouse, visuals, etc. I wish (or hope, maybe?) Bioware would just steal this interface for the NWN sequels. Imagine a Planescape 2 with this engine!

I never liked hack and slash dungeon crawls too much. But in this case, I don't think the lack of back story is what cripples the game so much as the simplicity of the rule set. All of the cool weapons and armor, and powerful spells that surface later in the game, are meaningless when a hail of arrows out of 6 mediocre marksmen is so devastating (and so easy to play) so early in the game. Most of the items I'm finding now are too potent for my characters, because it made too much sense to let them all become generalists. Some of my mages had spent most of their time with bows in their hands.

That said, I nearly finished it just because it looked so damned cool! People have complained it was too short - I don't know where these people find their time! I think it would have been a better game if it were shorter and therefore less repetetive. I'm in chapter 5 now, and it's become so tedious I expect to uninstall it. BUT, I really enjoyed the first couple of months I played it, and consider it a technical benchmark in many ways.
Post Tue Apr 29, 2003 2:20 am
elkston
High Emperor
High Emperor

The graphics, sound, and music are excellent. It is also stable as hell. But the game does get repititive and boring after a while. You need to play it in small doses.

One reason to get the game (at least when it goes budget) is because the mod "Ultima 5: Lazarus" is going to be written for DS. This is remake of Ultima 5 and a total conversion of Dungeon Seige. It is an ambitious project, but after seeing screenshots and reading interviews with the developers, I beleive the project may actually reach completion. The team working on it seems very sharp and the project lead has the development speced out in a very structured way which means he is serious about getting it done.
Post Tue Apr 29, 2003 3:55 am
ChronoTrigger
Village Leader
Village Leader

I play Dungeon Siegue between Gothic 1 and 2 and it was short, becouse i played too much, waiting for a change, that did not come, but i did not got bored, although I felt very dissapointed with the endof it, it was like travelling Miles and Miles and Miles only to know that you hit the end, It was "Wackalara" alias Awfull, but the game was ok, i really like the Idea of Travelling with 2 swordmen Two Bowmen and Two Mages, it was really cool.
I've heard that there is an Official Mod/Expansion for DS, when will it be avaliable/?, Thanks
PS: elkston: Please post some links to that you're saying, Thanks (Ultima5)
Post Tue Sep 16, 2003 4:02 pm

Goto page Previous  1, 2