Usergroups
Gothic II Die Nacht des Raben English Translation Mod 1.0
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 General

Author Thread
cothyso
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

Yes, it's only saying that this mod is a subtitle only mod.

Regarding the details, look for a few of my posts in this thread and in the one reagarding gothic 2 addon's installation over the english gothic 2 version. I'm sure you'll find in there the posts I was talking about!

On the other hand, the last beta version, 1.0b6 is almost ready (we delayed it a lot to include all the corrections we find in a full translation pass and also because of the damn Thief 3 game ), and it will be posted this week or the next one.
Post Mon Jun 21, 2004 5:50 pm
Marcius
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

This week PLZ
Post Mon Jun 21, 2004 8:23 pm
cothyso
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

Post Mon Jun 21, 2004 11:17 pm
Daedalus
High Emperor
High Emperor

cothyso playing thief 3 allready ? thought i buy it also but havent done that yet
Post Tue Jun 22, 2004 11:35 am
Cheeseman
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Heeeeeeeeeelllllllllpppppppppp!!!!!!!

Hello, could you please help me.
I have downloaded the gothic 2 night of the raven english patch but I can't get gothic 2 notr to install. It might be because I have an english version of Gothic 2 but I dont know. Could you please help???
Post Fri Jun 25, 2004 8:15 pm
cothyso
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

Hmm... reading the readme would have been of a great help... but why would one read the readme anyay? even if something didin't worked?!!

"Also, regarding the installation of Gothic II's addon Die Nacht des Raben over the english version of Gothic II, you could do it thanks to Piranha Bytes! All you need to do is to get Gothic II's german v1.30 patch, then launch it in the extract only mode (via a Run command line like this: Gothic2_130_de.exe /X ) and you can extract from it only the files you need (ie the Gothic2.exe v1.30 file). Replace the Gothic II english version's one with this new one, then install Gothic II addon's Die Nacht des Raben as usual."

:PPPPPPPPPPPP
Post Fri Jun 25, 2004 10:58 pm
Daedalus
High Emperor
High Emperor

and so onze again cothyso prooved how mighty the readme.txt file can be
Post Sat Jun 26, 2004 12:50 pm
Bartacus
Il Buono
Il Buono

It always strikes me that members just post stuff without thinking what they gonna post. I think this thread is famous for that.
NFG member
Post Sat Jun 26, 2004 1:52 pm
Gorath
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Happens all the time. If you deleted all senseless posts and all repetitions this forum would be almost empty.

@cothyso:
No reason to freak out. Itīs absolutely normal that nobody reads the readme file. Get used to it.
Post Sat Jun 26, 2004 2:39 pm
Jaz
Late Night Spook
Late Night Spook

Right. I guess if I didn't do some nightly ghosting to clean threads from redundant posts/spam as well, some members had at least ten times their current postcount - you know who you are.
Post Sat Jun 26, 2004 4:43 pm
Daedalus
High Emperor
High Emperor

ehe well i dont know what about you but i deffenetly read the readmes for patches 101%. You never know what u installing on your pc and how , here comes to the rescue the readme file
Post Sun Jun 27, 2004 2:52 pm
Nuge
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Lemme get this straight.

Alright, so for you english versioneers like myself. To play Night of the Raven you bought the German version then downloaded the translator mod correct?

That's hardcore!

Anyways...if this is the case...should I buy it? Or should I wait for the english version of the addon to come out?
Post Sun Jun 27, 2004 11:39 pm
Whailor
Most Exalted Highlord
Most Exalted Highlord

Actually, first I bought german add-on, what I installed on english G2, and then I installed russian text. Because there wasn't any other available and at least I do understand russian So you can imagine - half the spoken text in game is in english, half in german, and all written text in russian. So basically I was juggling with 3 languages heh..

However, now I have this mod and german add-on on english G2. And it works perfectly. I suppose that when the add-on is finally released - and heck knows when this will happen - I probably will buy it, you know, just to have the "full package". But I see personally no reason to wait to play it, if there's already the tool available. It isn't really a distraction of any kind to have half the text spoken in german, heck, it will eventually even teach you some of german language, to boot!

As to wait or not to wait, then it's up to you. There is STILL no information of any kind from Atari about the add-on, so who knows, maybe they were just pulling the leg of people to shut them up. No idea when, if ever, the add-on in english will be released. At the same time, here's the tool to enjoy it. So it depends on how much you really want to play it
Post Mon Jun 28, 2004 12:03 am
Daedalus
High Emperor
High Emperor

exacly it depends how much you love gothic series actully if the game is just a game to ya like every other game then i suggest u wait for the english addon but if u are a bigger fan of that game heeej then i would say go for it at least u gonna get it sooner ehe
Post Mon Jun 28, 2004 12:42 pm
Gorath
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Iīve opened another thread. You can over copy all necessary infos. I would suggest to split them and make more than one post. A reorganization of the readme would also be useful. This file is way too long for a forum post.
Post Mon Jun 28, 2004 11:29 pm

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 15, 16, 17  Next