Screenshots
   Videos

Miscellaneous
   Staff Members
   Privacy Statement

FAQ
Members
Usergroups
Actually, Goth 2 has freaking excellent voice acting...
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 General

Author Thread
SirDeity
Gothic's Loyal Hero
Gothic's Loyal Hero

quote:
Originally posted by Cold_Brains
okay, i feel bad - i take my back my comment about americans. i didn't really mean it - seriously, America is obviously an incredibly diverse country, with many different voices. My favourite musicians - pavement, Sonic Youth, Built to Spill, et al - all Americans. And Noam Chomsky - the most inspiring scientist ever - an American!!!
BUT - there is a frightening degree of indoctrination apparent in that country (and my own - Australia)......
anyway - getting off topic. see you at the bar, Remus. 100 gold if you help me out.

Thanks for thinking twice about those comments. I was really offended at first. America has it's share of bad people, just like every single other country on this planet. We aren't perfect, and we don't presume to be. Many Americans are overly cocky in some ways, but it's just talk. Without our allies we are nothing. England and Germany are amoung our most important allies. No matter what is said or done, there will always be differences between nations. It's really ignorant to claim an entire nation is a certain way because of the acts or comments of a few. Everyday American soldiers in Iraq are dying now, because we refuse to deliberately attack innocent people just because of the acts of a few. Just because some Iraqies are choosing to become suicide bombers, it doesn't mean all of them should be punished for it. My brother is an E5 currently stationed in Iraq...

I'll stop straying off topic here:
The biggest voice change that bothered me was Diego. I said this before in another post, but I felt like Diego had become a close friend in the original Gothic. Now, in Gothic 2 I feel like I don't even know him anymore. I really hope they get the original voice actor for Diego back, for Gothic 3. Other than that, it would be nice if they had more money to spend on more voice actors, but it's understandable if they don't. I'd rather have a lot of NPCs with similar voices, than have only a few NPCs with different voices. Other than the Diego thing, the dragon voices are probably the only other voices that I was particularly unhappy with.
I am the founder and former leader of a guild in EQ, retired member of The Code in EQ, original member of KOE in AOE2, past Corporal of EVO in MOHAA, respected veteran of UT 2003, a conquerer of all decent games, and an aspiring game developer.

Gothic's Loyal Hero, SirDeity
Post Fri Jul 18, 2003 5:43 am
Jaz
Late Night Spook
Late Night Spook

In the German version, Diego's voice was the same (if I recall correctly) as in G1 - still his personality had noticeably changed.
Post Fri Jul 18, 2003 6:22 am
konny666
Noble Knight
Noble Knight

Actually it seems in Gothic 2 that the nameless hero is not really a close friend to anyone... I'm curious to play Gothic 1 soon, so I can see what you guys are all talking about with Diego being a "close friend" as well as the others... You have to admit though, people like Gorn and Lee don't do anything for the nameless hero in G2, so normally there'd be no reason for the Hero to help them - but the hero knows them from G1, so he helps.
Post Fri Jul 18, 2003 8:58 am
Daedalus
High Emperor
High Emperor

naah man Lee and Gorn were the same helpfull ppl in G2 but Diego was changed indeed in G1 he was the best friend helped alot and trained u without any Fee in G2 he didnt wanna train u anymore and all that he didnt help u at all anymore changed like hell mayb he will be the next traitor
Post Fri Jul 18, 2003 10:35 am
Shmaugus
High Emperor
High Emperor

well lee never really helped you out in the first one and gorn wasnt quite as helpful he only helped get past about 10 lizardmen that i couldve taken care of by myself easier than when he was helping
Post Sun Jul 20, 2003 1:09 am

Goto page Previous  1, 2