i need help in chapter 4 with mage
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 Spoilers

Author Thread
mythicdude
City Guard
City Guard

i need help in chapter 4 with mage

i just attacked the swamp dragon with fireball spell and it hardly damage 1mm from it's damage bar. what spell should i use against dragons?

1 more thing: where can i find the large fireballspell so i can make a rune with this spell?

1 more thing: what spells should i use against dozens of orcs sorounding the castle?

1 more thing: is there anyplace where i can buy infinite mana potions? where?
Post Sun Aug 03, 2003 9:57 pm
Dra Gon
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

What are your stats mythicdude?
I attack all the living creatures in G2 with the sword even as a mage ...
(but I first played as a merc, this is my second time)...
I'm 60% two hand combat and 60 strength (+15 str amulet = 75) and I use Orcslayer and I have no problems on taking down 3 orc warriors or 1-2 elites at a time ...
I only use Fire arrow if they are too many ... Then I cast Fire arrow from long distance and only the one that it's hit come to attack me ...

You can find large fireball spell at the monastery (either Gorax or Isgaroth - at the shrine near the monastery) must have it ...

You can take down orc warriors with any spell (fire arrow will do) at the castle if you are standing on the ramp (they don't climb after you)... However for shamans and elite you need at least fireball (great fireball kills warriors & shamans instantly and almost kills elites)

I'm not sure but I guess that the posions are in limited number on each level... You can get them from:
Salandril (upper quarter in korinis)
Zulis (?) (merchant square in korinis)
Isgaraz (harbor in korinis)
Isgaroth (shrine near monastery)
Gorax (monastery)
Saggita (behind Sekob's farm)
Egorn (in the castle)

You may also:
- learn alchemy to brew them yourself
- ask Neoras (in the basement of monastery) to brew them for you - he'll charge 10 gold for each
Post Mon Aug 04, 2003 8:02 am
mythicdude
City Guard
City Guard

20 str
10 dex
140 mana
244 hp

1h 10%
2h 10%
bow 10%
xbow 10%

no thief skill
create rune, forge weapon

10x for the tip about WHO sells potion( i finished the gme with paladin and merc) BUT i WANT TO KNOW who sell mana potion at infinitity
Post Mon Aug 04, 2003 8:06 pm
kugraw
City Guard
City Guard

Well, what spell runes did you create. Since you are already in chapter 4 that means you have been able to learn the 4th mana circle. There are very powerfull spells in those circles. The Greater fire ball spells works good even against dragons. Lightning spells are also quite powerfull.

Kay
Post Tue Aug 05, 2003 8:49 am
corwin
On the Razorblade of Life
On the Razorblade of Life

G, Fireball and Ice Block are all you need at that level. Holy Missile is the best at higher levels. Destroy undead isn't bad, but expensive to use. All the rest are OK, but unnecessary. Try The rune Heal Mod as there is no unlimited supply of potions, though I never came close to running out.

I don't use Smileys, I use Emoticons!!

Post Tue Aug 05, 2003 10:43 am
Dra Gon
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

Looking at your stats, you can't fight in melee...
So your answer is: SPELLS...
Playing like mage I only created fire arrrow(quest), fire ball (2nd circle),
grater fireball (4th circle) and all in sixth circle...
I also found Healing Light Wounds (in the orc camp near the entrance in the valley of mines if I remember right) - very useful
Still, I was more of a fighter-mage (60% both 1h and 2h before joining the monastery) so I took down the dragons with my sword (dragon slicer)...

But Greater Fireball should work with dragons (cast a couple of times then retreat and heal and so on ...)
Post Tue Aug 05, 2003 10:46 am
Daedalus
High Emperor
High Emperor

indeed if u want to play with swords later a little bit then collect LPs and put them on 1/2handed weapons and strenght
Post Tue Aug 05, 2003 1:49 pm
Pikkon
A Hadou Master And A Skilled Thief
A Hadou Master And A Skilled Thief

1. try create skeleton its very good...

2. look inside the thives guild chasts...

3. whatevr you do DONT learn semmon golem... if you semmon more than one thay will attack each other and thay are weak as one... (tha skeletons work together...) but be cerful with the skeletons they will attack EVERYBODY even humans and friendes for exsampel i was going to learn how to remove heurt in khorinis where grom is... and on the way i met an enemy so i semmond some skeletons and kill it whan i got to grom thay attaket him with no reson.. ones thay attacked xzardes... they attack everybody except you...

4. you can buy ssome from alchimist (only a few in the whole game) and you can find some... but i think the best is to make tham... all you need is to learn all of the mana potions... and than you can learn elixir of spirit elixir of str. and elixir of dex. if you learn all of the health potions you can make potions of str. and dex too but insted of elixir of spirit you make elixir of life...
Post Tue Aug 05, 2003 2:56 pm
elkston
High Emperor
High Emperor

As a mage I killed all of Dragons by summoning several skeletons and letting them go to work.
Post Tue Aug 05, 2003 3:34 pm
Enlightenment_Project
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

i been doing the same.. Summon skeletons and Awaken golem on dragons, or multiple opponents.. OFten i use both..
True golems attack each other, but they will often attack anyone else around them FIRST.. also. GOlem and skeletons together (4 skeletons +1 golem) works a treat.

Skeletons have speed, golems have strength and the Knock affect, that disorentates enemies.

Skeletons is the better of the two, especially if fighting multiple opponents, weaken the attackers with a large fireball to each enemy, will seriously give your skeletons the edge over a gang of lizard men/orcs.
Post Fri Aug 08, 2003 11:23 am