Dragon Slayer = TEH WINNAR
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 General

Author Thread
Gor Na Katarn
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

Dragon Slayer = TEH WINNAR

Imagine this: The torch burns away at itself, and the eerie yellow light dimly lights the dirt path. The abandoned mountain path not used in centuries showed it's age. One moment you're dragon scale boot is smashing the pebbles under it, the next it's kicking air as the walkway gives way and you tumble, and the dust flies as you slide down on you're feet and the rocks eat at the soles of the boot. You smack into the grass, swaying in the wind. YOu pick up you're torch only to catch two fire red orbs. The dragon is enraged at the disturbance and you roll into the cover of a rock as the fire breath sears the shoulder plate into dust and ashes. The dragon ascends a bit before it fires at the rock sending forces that could send you into the King's lap. You stab you're forearm blades into the ground as the rock explodes. You land back into the ground and you pull out you're mighty sword and the torch rolls to the grass. You charge and roll under a vicious swipe and swing at the creature's stomach. It gives a horrible cry and it flies into the air and sends death from the sky. The grass is cindered as the dragon sends a pillar of fire in you're direction. Avoidance was an option that left you're grasp the moment you saw the dragon. You heave the magical sword into the pillar of flames and cut a hole and the flames stream not more than a few inches from you're battered armour. The dragon charged and you charge as well. You send you're blade into s stab into the dragon as it passes. The beast bellows in agony and crashes into the earth. You climb above it's mighty chest and smite the beast by driving you're sword into the heart of the beast, silencing it into forevers.

What do ya'll think?
Post Tue Jul 30, 2002 1:32 am
sauron38
Rara Avis
Rara Avis

*Cough* Mage Time *Cough*

Imagine This:

A brilliant sphere of white flitters above you as it drives out all shadows on the grim path that you tread. The abandoned mountain path not used in centuries showed its age. One moment, your white, suede boot is smashing, [ok, not smashing, but your masculinity is at stake in these robes] the pebbles under it, the next it's waking on air as a plank of the walkway gives way and you... do not tumble, thanks to your trusty levitation spell. You set down on a small clearing to count the number of ready-use spells left, only to spy a massive dragon, undisturbed and sleeping, apparently satisfied with its last human meal [see above ]. You begin to sense fear come over you... like it usually does. Into your pack, you lunge... searching... groping... feeling... poking. *Ppfft* Out goes your mystic light.

"Confounded Flabbergasting..." you yell, forgetting your grave peril. The beast stirs... his drink and says to your mind, [while sipping his drink]

"Finally, a challenge who is able to fight fire with fire." You step backwards... and reply,

"Hah! Do not anger me, dragon, I have no use for more treasure. And I would hate to deprive others of your supposed wealth. " Really, you are just stalling for time; searching through your limitless-in-size (tm) backpack for that perfect 4-pronged scroll. Summon Skeleton Chieftain, Confusion, Blinding Light, and Apocalyptic Fury. "Venom Cloud, Wand of Fire, Water Robe, where is it..." You continue stepping backwards, until you feel a cold stone wall behind you. "All right, do me in, dragon."

The abomination rises above and before you. Very above. Gazing straight up, you see it as it is about to incinerate you into a fine powder. It breaths out a plume of fire, but strangely, you are unhurt. Well, it's not really you, but rather an illusionary replica of yourself. The false you shrugs and disappears into the oncoming light, while the dragon scans the valley for traces of you. But sadly, it is time that this dragon's reign comes to an end. From the bridge above, you call forth all of the elements. Fire... "Ouch!" Ice... "Ackh!" Lightning "Bzzt!" <Miscellaneous elemental pain noises>

As the sun rises behind you, putting you directly between the dragon and it, you take out a gemmed tome. From it, you read, "Glass... of... Magnification!" Suddenly, you realize that being dyslexic doesn't help spell-casting, and you say, "Magnifying Glass!" From your outstretched arms, giant threads of glass shoot forth. Waving your arms frantically, the threads cover more space, and combine, forming the world’s largest magnifying glass. The dragon begs for mercy, but your evil nature tells you otherwise. The circle of glass is now fully formed. The sun darkens completely, save one single beam. Slowly, as if slowed [ ] the lone shaft of light crosses through the glass, splitting into every colour imaginable and separating into different directions. The glass barrier shatters and every piece that falls to the ground brings with it a firestorm. You track the slowed light, as it converges into one beam upon the dragon's heart, not as every colour of light, but as a single, intensely white ray. Every second creeping by as an eternity, you give the beast a smile as it implodes.

More fun my way.
Post Tue Jul 30, 2002 2:58 am
Gor Na Katarn
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

Yours was "FUN FUN FUN!!!" mine was "Fear not... for we must succeed, and death follows with us." Mine, more atmospheric. Okay fine they're about the same. Anyways you'd probably be the human meal, not my mighty slayer. Anyways if you're gonna *change* a story you should at least quote it. Bad sauron. He dragon slayer no die, Ur-shak give Poo-foo-coolu (translation, ulu-mulu for dragonsy thingies so strangery doesn't dies and all... direct translation: Poor Fool, I'm Too Cool)
Post Tue Jul 30, 2002 3:06 am
sauron38
Rara Avis
Rara Avis

quote:
Originally posted by Gor Na Katarn
Yours was "FUN FUN FUN!!!" mine was "Fear not... for we must succeed, and death follows with us." Mine, more atmospheric. Okay fine they're about the same. Anyways you'd probably be the human meal, not my mighty slayer. Anyways if you're gonna *change* a story you should at least quote it. Bad sauron. He dragon slayer no die, Ur-shak give Poo-foo-coolu (translation, ulu-mulu for dragonsy thingies so strangery doesn't dies and all... direct translation: Poor Fool, I'm Too Cool)

Come again?
Post Tue Jul 30, 2002 3:36 am
Baal witchim-aculiut
Village Leader
Village Leader

let see. no one ever does warrior stories! so...

you wake up in the middle of the night a glad man because you have the night shift of protecting. you start walking when all of a suden you hear a ear splitting yell. you run to find where it came from. and what to you see? 2 guards guts on the wall and a horde of trolls. you get out your sword to kill them, but they knock you on the ground. so then you pull out your crossbow and kill a couple of trolls. then you pull your sword and make a blood bath out of trolls.you go back to sleep to wake up a hero.

pretty short but good huh?
Post Tue Jul 30, 2002 12:45 pm
Daedalus
High Emperor
High Emperor

Hmm if i see in Gothic 2 vampires i will not bother to kill them. Better just call Blade
Post Tue Jul 30, 2002 2:08 pm
sauron38
Rara Avis
Rara Avis

Wait a minute... in the first post, you could disable and kill a dragon in two hits?

Post Wed Jul 31, 2002 12:04 am
Gor Na Katarn
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

Magic swords in the right places can really do damage. The first was plunging into the stomach the next was the a cut across the chest and through into the stomach and therefore almost disembowling it's inards.
Post Wed Jul 31, 2002 12:23 am
Dreaga07
Guards Lieutenant
Guards Lieutenant

ha ha ha

hah, that better be a VERY magical sword, cause last time i checked, dragonscales were resistant to.....um...just about everything.........except prehaps a dragonlance......and even then, it would be near impossible to disembowel a dragon. Dragons are very hard to kill, they can kill groups of ppl with but a word of magick, roast you with firey breath, among other things. I have a friend who playes DAoC and he said a 1 dragon can kill of about 50 lvl 50(highest lvl) ppl, even before they get to its lair. All they can do is shoot balista bolts at it, arrows do nothing, spells have little effect, and if they manage to get to the lair alive, fire breath and swipes of the tail/claws, finishes them real fast...... Dragons need to be very, very, very hard to kill, no matter what class you play. But the way I see it, unless a mage has some magickal protection, since robes dont offer much, they will die quickly....

=Member of The Sixth House=
=Member of The Non-Flamer's Guild=
Post Wed Jul 31, 2002 4:44 am