MageofFire
Griller of Molerats

I'm still addicted to Gothic 2.

Mediocreties, I absolve you!
Post Sun Apr 11, 2004 4:40 am
Wolfgarou
Guards Lieutenant
Guards Lieutenant

How is the gameplay in Far Cry? Is it more towards large open areas or closed coridors? I really hate coridors/dungeons unless it's straight out fragging without any storyline. That way I don't have to worry about missing key/cards/switches/quest people/etc.
Post Sun Apr 11, 2004 1:58 pm
cfmdobbie
High Emperor
High Emperor

I'm trying to clear out my collection of unfinished games at the moment. I finally finished Dungeon Keeper 2 last week, and have now restarted Carmageddon TDR 2000. Marvellous fun! I've got further than I'd ever got before, and some of the later missions are fantastic.

The last level I've beaten is a huge race around this giant metropolis (Hi Rise 1). I really should be moving on to Hi Rise 2, but this level is so much fun I just keep redoing it...

Once I've beaten TDR2K I'll move on to Discworld Noir or Blade Runner, I think. But first just one more go of this level...
Post Sun Apr 11, 2004 3:29 pm
MageofFire
Griller of Molerats

I think I might dive back into Neverwinter Nights soon.

Mediocreties, I absolve you!
Post Sun Apr 11, 2004 4:57 pm
Cm
Sentinel of Light
Sentinel of Light

NWN, X2 and Divine Divinity. Not enough time to take on Deux EX but it is patiently waiting on the shelf.
Mark Twain
Post Sun Apr 11, 2004 8:03 pm
Jaz
Late Night Spook
Late Night Spook

quote:
Originally posted by Wolfgarou
How is the gameplay in Far Cry? Is it more towards large open areas or closed coridors? I really hate coridors/dungeons unless it's straight out fragging without any storyline. That way I don't have to worry about missing key/cards/switches/quest people/etc.

You have both kinds of terrain in Far Cry, but neither is huge, so you needn't fear getting lost. Objectives are simple and straight forward, so no need to fear forgetting something. Everything is pretty linear (what wonder).

Little things that stuck with me:

- No gore on armored vests.
- Shooting down birds is possible, but they just explode.
- Shooting fish is interesting, they drift to the surface and swim on their side; be sure to swim out to the dead fish and hit it with your machete to play baseball.
- Crushing enemies under your Jeep after jumping over a dune is possible.
- Be careful when driving a vehicle off the path; vegetation is so lush you'll bump (literally) into wild boars sooner or later.
Post Sun Apr 11, 2004 8:38 pm
Remus
Overgrown Cat
Overgrown Cat

quote:
- No gore on armored vests.
- Shooting down birds is possible, but they just explode.
- Shooting fish is interesting, they drift to the surface and swim on their side; be sure to swim out to the dead fish and hit it with your machete to play baseball.
- Crushing enemies under your Jeep after jumping over a dune is possible.
- Be careful when driving a vehicle off the path; vegetation is so lush you'll bump (literally) into wild boars sooner or later.

Hopefully we'll soon see some mods regarding those things. Also adds:

- extra blood
- body decapitation
- more deadly and cruel weapons - axe, flamethrower, minigun...
- more night missions in huge, dark and swampy juggle and rainning heavily...
- adding wild animal that attacking both enemy and player like tiger, shark, crocodile...
Post Mon Apr 12, 2004 3:57 pm
piln
High Emperor
High Emperor

Remus, Jaz, you tried using the modding kit yet? I haven't got hold of the game yet, but I really want to have a look at the modding tools, I hear they are brilliant. Hey, I guess the game's worth a look too!

I've been almost entirely console-fed lately. Recently finished Eternal Darkness and have me & my mate have started a new game (seems that different things happen depending which "alignment" you pick), and I've been playing Freak Out and Gregory Horror Show on PS2. They are both great and absolutely mental.

Currently playing UFO:Aftermath on PC.
Post Fri Apr 16, 2004 11:26 pm
RPG Frog
Blade Runner
Blade Runner

Thief - Deadly Shadows & Riddick on Xbox.

Thief goes up there with Deus Ex and Morrowind as being my fave games of all time.

Riddick was worth the 25 bucks I payed. Would not pay full-price though as it is a short action game. Definitely the best movie-related game I have ever played.
Between the years when the oceans drank Atlantis and the gleaming cities…there was an Age undreamed of, when shining kingdoms lay spread across the world like blue mantles beneath the stars…Hither came Conan, the Cimmerian, black-haired, sullen-eyed, sword in hand…to tread the jeweled thrones of the Earth under his sandaled feet. - Robert E. Howard
Post Wed Jun 09, 2004 3:33 pm
EverythingXen
Arch-villain
Arch-villain

Just finished Shadowrun (from 1993) on a SNES emulator and am planning on taking turns between replaying X2 and trying to play Morrowind again and seeing if it can hold my interest this time...

"The old world dies and with it the old ways. We will rebuild it as it should be, MUST be... Immortal!"

=Member of the Nonflamers Guild=
=Worshipper of the Written Word=
Post Wed Jun 09, 2004 4:02 pm
RPG Frog
Blade Runner
Blade Runner

Well Riddick was cool for the 2 nights of gameplay that it lasted. Game was only 7 hours long. A great Tech demo. It honestly proves that Doom3 can be done on the Xbox. I am definitely a fan of normal mapping. But, I will be selling this sucker for 25 bucks like I paid for it. It is a very cool prequel to Pitch Black but far to short.

Back to Thief...this game is like 25 or 30 hours long. I am going to immediately start playing again after I finish it off. I guess I am close to the end, I just robbed the museum.
Between the years when the oceans drank Atlantis and the gleaming cities…there was an Age undreamed of, when shining kingdoms lay spread across the world like blue mantles beneath the stars…Hither came Conan, the Cimmerian, black-haired, sullen-eyed, sword in hand…to tread the jeweled thrones of the Earth under his sandaled feet. - Robert E. Howard
Post Fri Jun 11, 2004 4:03 pm
Arma
Mysterious Lady
Mysterious Lady

I'm gonna try Morrowind again, and maybe see if I can actually pass a little bit further in Freelancer.
edit - That's it! Now I am furious! It turns out my new system (well, it's not that new, but I hadn't tried MW on it yet) runs Morrowind so that I cannot play normally due most probably to my very good Intel Xtreme Graphics! I am growing to hate my mashcine - firts it was LoK Defiance, and now this!
In the end I turned to playng E-gon Adventures, a very good (in my opinion) games.
Post Fri Jun 11, 2004 7:13 pm
Conan The Librarian
City Guard
City Guard

I'm playing Call Of Duty, yes I know it's not a CRPG. I have a nice bug which turns prisoners and weapons into mutated blobs. However I can't bothered to download the patch on my 56k modem. Epsecially when they don't say if the bug is fixed or not.

Also trying to make my own Bard's tale adventure using the construction set. This will take a long time however and I know some people will think I'm mad.
However I'm not keen on the current CRPG's at the moment and feel I can get more satisfaction making my own game.
Post Sat Jun 12, 2004 10:06 am
Jaz
Late Night Spook
Late Night Spook

My list of not-yet-through-with games right now:

Deus Ex- IW
Söldner
Turok Evolution
Far Cry
Thief: Deadly Shadows
Post Sat Jun 12, 2004 12:45 pm
soul phoenix