Usergroups
Introducing Age of Decadence
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > News Comments

Author Thread
Jora
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

I can't believe some you are posting things like "The developer said that what I said about their taste in games is wrong! Therefore he expects me to praise his game without any reason! Wait, now he says I'm wrong! This proves that it's not just Exitium who doesn't like Troika games! They all hate Troika and VD's GAME WILL SUCK BECAUSE OF IT!"

Please. Read this thread once more and try to understand different points of view and what has actually been answered to you instead of just assuming.
Post Sun Jul 03, 2005 9:27 pm
Talador

I see your points and i even tend to agree with you on some of them. What i'm questioning here is the way you guys voice your opinions on your site.

It's the way you say things that bothers people like me, you make it sounds like you're cool n shit and have a clue, you're informed etc. while others are poor bastartds without the proverbial clue.
Post Sun Jul 03, 2005 9:33 pm

Dhruin
Stranger In A Strange Land
Stranger In A Strange Land

Just to break up the fun - best of luck, VD. The art looks crisp, the interface and icons looks fantastic (please, Jeff, fix that awful pink? interface in Geneforge 3) and the dialogue looks interesting. Of course, that gives us little insight into the real game but there aren't enough good cRPGs being made to throw one away without taking a good look.
Post Sun Jul 03, 2005 9:35 pm
VDweller
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

quote:
Originally posted by XP
For example, you "bitch" about Fallout 3. Yes, it's not turn-based. Have you actually tried it, to see if the game is fun/interesting to play? Is it impossible for a game in real-time to be any good? Does this make everyone related to the game, or anyone who's looking forward to it "retarded"?

No, it doesn't, and I haven't called anyone who likes RT games or who anticipates Beth's FO3 stupid. That's one of the misconceptions about the Codex. There is a reason developers post frequently there.

Anyway, to answer your questions, it's not an issue of whether or not FO3 would be fun/interesting to play. It's about a gameplay style that was liked by many and which attracted such a strong following being changed. However, I haven't criticized Bethesda for that, I criticized them for displaying a clear lack of understanding anything about Fallout. Maybe that has changed now, maybe not.

quote:
It's funny. Tell me, you call a lot of reviewers and developers "retarded" on your website. Care to back it up?

Sure. Care to point a specific example instead of assuming that I called Bethesda developers retarded?
Post Sun Jul 03, 2005 9:37 pm
Spazmo

quote:
Originally posted by Talador
you make it sounds like you're cool n shit and have a clue, you're informed etc.

We are.

quote:
while others are poor bastartds without the proverbial clue.

They are.

If the best you can do is "gosh your guys are just too rude and also crude!", you might as well give up, because you've lost all semblance of a point.

Even if you disagree with our stance on any damn thing, tell me, exactly what purpose is served by another website that just approves of everything? What would we be offering that RPGDot (an excellent site indeed) or RPGVault don't already do?

Finally, I refuse to be held accountable for anything Sol "Exitium" Invictus does, says or thinks. A more likely cause for his disposition might be the tides or solar flares or something.
Post Sun Jul 03, 2005 9:38 pm

VDweller
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

quote:
Originally posted by Dhruin
Just to break up the fun - best of luck, VD. The art looks crisp, the interface and icons looks fantastic (please, Jeff, fix that awful pink? interface in Geneforge 3) and the dialogue looks interesting. Of course, that gives us little insight into the real game but there aren't enough good cRPGs being made to throw one away without taking a good look.

Thanks, Dhruin.
Post Sun Jul 03, 2005 9:39 pm

quote:
Originally posted by Anonymous
Care to continue being a dumbass?

I guess this is a capsule of the whole Rpg Codex philosophy. I'm a dumbass because i'm voicing my own opinion and posting on this thread like other people are doing.

Yeah, i'm a dumbass, sorry for that
Post Sun Jul 03, 2005 9:40 pm

Talador

Didn't include the nick on my previous post but anyway .. i suggest we go on about our bussines or we might risk to summon Derek Smart.

I'll stick to rpgdot.com for my unbiased fix of rpg news and of course you're free to keep voicing your opinions on your site (if not you, other staff members at the Codex) the way you like.
Post Sun Jul 03, 2005 9:53 pm

XP

quote:
Originally posted by VDweller
Sure. Care to point a specific example instead of assuming that I called Bethesda developers retarded?

Did I mention it was a Bethesda developer? If you want examples, use the search function on your own website.
You're not telling me you never called "retarded" to someone in a newspost, aren't you?

And to answer you, Spazmo, and the other Codex fellow that keeps insulting people in the post: you guys are a frecking joke. Got back to your "wonderful" website, that wonderful and magic land where Diablo is king and everyone is a retarded. You guys are pathetic...
Post Sun Jul 03, 2005 10:13 pm

Sol Invictius

NO MORE FREE RIDES, VD! NOOO MOOORE FREEEE RIIIIDEEESS!!!

Man, RPGdot sucks.
Post Sun Jul 03, 2005 10:28 pm

Shagnak

Dear RPGDot posters,

Please please, please, stop lumping RPGCodex posters together like we are some giant twisted mass of flesh with little arms and legs poking out of it.
We actually DO have different opinions about games - even the Staffers (Sol/Exitium in particular). Some of us have even been known to like games that the majority of opinion (even outside of the codex) says we should not. Well, okay especially me...but Saint has a penchant for Tycoon games, or so I have heard.

Anyway, VD is actually trying to do something about the (his) perceived problems in the CRPG genre as it stands today, and he can actually be a reasonable chap and at least he is not actually a paranoid white supremacist or anything nasty like that.

Hugs and kisses,
Shagnak.
PS. this is my second favourite news site. Keep it up!
Post Sun Jul 03, 2005 10:43 pm

VDweller
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

quote:
Originally posted by XP
You're not telling me you never called "retarded" to someone in a newspost, aren't you?

Many times. Rarely without a reason. You asked me to "back it up". I thought you have something specific in mind. If not, I believe I explained my position sufficiently in my previous reply.

quote:
And to answer you, Spazmo, and the other Codex fellow that keeps insulting people in the post: you guys are a frecking joke. Got back to your "wonderful" website, that wonderful and magic land where Diablo is king and everyone is a retarded. You guys are pathetic...

How many times should I tell that we are not a Diablo fan site for you to finally get it? It doesn't bother me, but it makes you look kinda stupid.
Post Sun Jul 03, 2005 10:46 pm
VDweller
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

quote:
Originally posted by Shagnak
We actually DO have different opinions about games

True dat. I was very fond of Daggerfall, for example, so all that talk about iso and TB is silly. In fact, my fondness of Daggerfall is the reason for my dislike of much dumbed down Morrowind, but that's an entirely different story (and a new flame war!)

quote:
Anyway, VD is actually trying to do something about the (his) perceived problems in the CRPG genre as it stands today

Actually, I'm not making this game because I perceive some kinda problems, I'm making this game because I love the genre and because I can (a very important, often overlooked criterion! ).
Post Sun Jul 03, 2005 10:55 pm
Shagnak

Hmmm...yes, I'm pretty certain a lot of codexers actually hate Diablo (but not me).
The real h/c Rp-ers think it typifies the death of RP-ing. Character maxing-out and munchkinism over story and role-playing. But not everyone. Also, don't quote me on that as being The Ultimate Truth (tm) or anything.
Post Sun Jul 03, 2005 10:58 pm

Roqua
High Emperor
High Emperor

Vault Dweller,

Putting all discussion of the fact that RPGcodex is a haven of diablo, fake-rpg loving hippies, I would like to add a wish list of things I would like in your game:

1) Heavy choice chargen. I hate this current trend of no chargen, or choice-light chargen. It is gay.

2) Gimpable characters. This is one of my favorite, and often overlooked, aspects of older rpgs. This seprates the retards from the normal folk. Gimp should be the price of stupidity and shortsitedness. Non-gimplable characters is gay.

3) Party control. I loved FO 1 and 2, but it would be nice to have complete control over party members. Preferably making them at start-up. I dont like this single player hippy nonsense. Please make a party game.

4) Online MP. MP is for gays, hippies, women, and child molestors. All it does is add to dev time and caters only to gays, hippies, women, and child molestors.
Post Sun Jul 03, 2005 11:10 pm

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next