A few newbie Gothic Questions
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic - Spoilers, Tips & Tricks

Author Thread
Andy22
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

A few newbie Gothic Questions

I am often a later arriver to the really great games (e.g. Fallout, Deus Ex, etc.) Let me go ahead and get it out of the way...Gothic is in my top five games of all time and probably the best RPG I have played and I feel as though I haven't even scratched the surface. It's so good that I have put off buying Morrowind until I finish.

After visiting all the camps the old camp is where I feel most comfortable and where I will join. I have done a few quests in each of the camps just for the experience but I didn't do much for the new camp just on principal.

I have done just about all the quests in the old camp. The only quest I have not done is challange and beat Kirgo. I have even done the the quest for Gorus. Kirgo is kicking my ass and I have been unable to beat him. I have the 500 ore digger armor and am using the mace I got when killing Morwydron(sp?) which is about 26 damage. I am level 6ish with about a 42 or so strength and level one in one handed swords.

Should I be able to beat him at my level?
Shouldn't I be able to now join the old camp regardess of this seeing as how I have done every other quest and even have Gorus speaking in my favor?

One last question...how much of the game have I played?

Thanks!
Post Wed May 08, 2002 6:38 pm
Jaz
Late Night Spook
Late Night Spook

The game has 6 chapters... when you join a camp you'll go to Chapter 2.
As for Kirgo: you needn't beat him. Try to fight Kharim. You'll lose, but you'll have Scatty's vote. And be sure to deposit your ore somewhere else before you fight him.

Oh, and welcome to the forums .
Post Wed May 08, 2002 7:32 pm
Max Killen
Exalted Potentate
Exalted Potentate

It would be to your advantage if you could find Nellik's Sword or Max's Hammer early in the game. I can truthfully say that when I played the game Nellik's Sword was always at my side and I would not have been able to complete the game without it.
Post Wed May 08, 2002 8:37 pm
Moonslash
Celestial Guardian
Celestial Guardian

If you really want to beat Kharim, you can try to cheat (I'm not meaning marvin mode) ex: shooting arrows at him from a far distance.

Things are neither completely bright nor dark.

Do you go right? Or do you go left? A simple decision, yes? No ambiguities. Only the dream of the path not taken! And so one might stand in this place and contemplate for a long while. What will I miss if I go left? What will I lose if I go right? And in my indecision, have I chosen a worse fate?
Post Wed May 08, 2002 10:35 pm
Gorath
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

You need 5 completed initiation quests to become member of the OC.
Post Thu May 09, 2002 12:26 am
Moonslash
Celestial Guardian
Celestial Guardian

Re: A few newbie Gothic Questions

quote:
Originally posted by Andy22
I have done just about all the quests in the old camp. The only quest I have not done is challange and beat Kirgo. I have even done the the quest for Gorus. Kirgo is kicking my ass and I have been unable to beat him. I have the 500 ore digger armor and am using the mace I got when killing Morwydron(sp?) which is about 26 damage. I am level 6ish with about a 42 or so strength and level one in one handed swords.

Should I be able to beat him at my level?
Shouldn't I be able to now join the old camp regardess of this seeing as how I have done every other quest and even have Gorus speaking in my favor?

One last question...how much of the game have I played?

However, the rest of the game will not be as complicate as the first chapter.

Do you go right? Or do you go left? A simple decision, yes? No ambiguities. Only the dream of the path not taken! And so one might stand in this place and contemplate for a long while. What will I miss if I go left? What will I lose if I go right? And in my indecision, have I chosen a worse fate?
Post Thu May 09, 2002 1:08 am
DungeonKeeper
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

I shot kirgo with a few arrows in the arena till his life came down far enough to beat him he just stood there while ill pummeled him with arrows and then i approached him and it went to the cutscene after that i drew my mace and knocked him out
Post Thu May 09, 2002 1:11 am
Moonslash
Celestial Guardian
Celestial Guardian

Have you beated Kharim yet? I'm sure he will be a bit tricky to fight.

Post Thu May 09, 2002 1:17 am
HeWhoHasNoName
Lord of Sorrows
Lord of Sorrows

I think you mean Thorus. And don't worry you're far from finishing the game.
=Member of The Sports Fan Club=
Post Thu May 09, 2002 7:11 am

You should go around and do as many quests as possible, before joining any one camp. More experience. After you join a camp these choices will no longer be available.
Post Thu May 09, 2002 5:34 pm