How do I get the bloodbath started?
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Morrowind - Spoilers

Author Thread
jamey333
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

How do I get the bloodbath started?

I found the guys in the councile club that the guy at Moonmoth asked me to off, but I can't seem to get them to fight me. I expected a dialog option that I was there to off them but I didn't see anything. I tried taunting them but they just say I am pathetic. I can attack them and take em out but then I have to pay a huge bounty. Is there a better way?

~Jamey
Post Tue May 07, 2002 3:27 pm

Just start the fight - sneak back to moonmoth fort and avoid all guards...the commander will take care of the bounty.

(Use invisibility potion or spell to sneak into moonmoth fort)

-Skar
Post Tue May 07, 2002 3:31 pm

jamey333
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Ahhhh, I had not thought about the fact that my patron was so influencial. I will go back to his keep and cast mark so I can return to him with little effort.

Thanks
Post Tue May 07, 2002 4:07 pm
Animus
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Taunt

According to the manual you can use Taunt under the Persuasion options to taunt them into taking the first swing. Then you can kill them without penalty since it was self defense...

So just keep making a pest of yourself with Taunt and see if they'll take a swing at you. I haven't had a need for this yet myself so I haven't tried it out. Not looking to pick any fights I don't have to in the cities...
Post Tue May 07, 2002 6:14 pm

I've found I need to successfully taunt when my faction with the NPC is between about 25-50 for them to attack me, and it doesn't usually happen the first time, it's random. If I need to I use Persuade->Admire to up my faction to try again in the 25-50 range. My Speechcraft is 45 when I do this. You might need to use potions to raise your Personality to get this to work.
Post Tue May 07, 2002 8:48 pm

Grifman
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

PS, if you can get them to attack you - so that the Legion guy doesn't need to intervene with the law for you, he'll give you an extra bonus.

Grifman
Post Tue May 07, 2002 10:43 pm
Jinx
Protector of the Realm
Protector of the Realm

hmm what level are you ?
I'm only level 13 and I can't even kill 2 of them before they kill me.
Post Tue May 07, 2002 11:34 pm
jamey333
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Really? I killed them at level 7. I am a warrior/mage that focuses in Longsword and Destruction.
Post Wed May 08, 2002 12:10 am
Jinx
Protector of the Realm
Protector of the Realm

hmm lol me too.
I must be doing something wrong :p
Think I'll try again
Post Wed May 08, 2002 12:11 am
Aizan
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

I killed them at level 2 with my Redguard Champion, and level 3 with my thief. For my Redguard, I slapped on Adrenaline Rush and they couldn't touch me. With my thief, I paralyzed the strongest one (Lover birthsign), then drank a potion to refill my fatigue and proceeded to kill the weaker two (with Ebony Shortsword, that definitely made a difference as well). The one on the top floor and the thief at the bottom were pretty easy. Remember that if you taunt the guy on the top floor enough to make him attack you, that the others won't come rushing up the stairs in a frenzy. It works the same for the thief. The middle floor is the hardest because all three on that floor will attack you no matter what. Best thing to do there is to try to take out the scout first. She is the only one by the bar that will take away from your HP (until you run out of fatigue), and she is pretty strong as well. Just use tactics, and run if you have to. The great thing about this game is there is no one rushing you, and you can take it at your own pace. With my thief I had to run a few times because my HP are so low, the scout could kill her in 2-3 hits.

P.S - If you don't have the natural ability to absorb spells (Atronach birthsign), bring some spell absorbtion potions/scrolls! That will help a lot against the thief and the scout.
Post Wed May 08, 2002 1:12 am
Jinx
Protector of the Realm
Protector of the Realm

ok that's it I'm officially hating my lame spellsword char.
Post Wed May 08, 2002 1:15 am