Harvest Disaster Quest Question
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Divinity & Beyond Divinity

Author Thread
borgeater
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Harvest Disaster Quest Question

I've been playing this great game for a couple weeks now and have progressed pretty far. I can't seem to finish an old quest though. I talked to Hugh and got this quest. I'm 99% sure I dealt with Tipsix in the cave because there is nothing in that cave anymore, except barrels. I hold down ALT and there is no key anywhere. I can't remember if I ever got it though. When I talk to Hugh now, he doesn't mention finding the lock that the key fits. I've done sooo many other quests that I don't remember him ever mentioning it. I go to the Blue Boar and I can't open the door with the posion barrels on the other side. What should my "quest records" say if I did at onetime have that key? What's the key called? Any help would be appreciated. I'd like to complete all quests. Thanks.
Post Tue Apr 06, 2004 1:29 pm
Val
Risen From Ashes
Risen From Ashes

You should have had these updates to the quest:

Who is responsible for the Harvest Disaster?

The Dellabaere family in the farmlands is in trouble. Their harvest is
failing and no one knows why. Hugh suspects that someone is poisoning
the cornfields.

An orc is the perpetrator.

Southwest of the farmlands you'll find a cave. In the cave is an orc
named Tipsix. He was poisoning the harvest. He drops a key when
he dies. Go speak to Hugh about the key and orc.

Where does this key fit?

Hugh asks you to find the lock that the key fits. Head for the Blue
Boar Inn.

And so on from there. If you killed the orc before getting the quest, then that probably caused a bug where the trigger for the next quest event wasn't activated.
Post Tue Apr 06, 2004 5:49 pm
borgeater
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Thanks for an answer Val. I do have all that text in my quest guide, so the quest was activated. I'm almost positive I killed Tipsix before I ever talked to Hugh though. I noticed on another post you mentioned there is a key south of Dr. Elrath's house will this allow me to stiill complete the quest by getting into his house? I know I talked to him once and he mentioned he was heading doen to the poor section. I have a feeling I'll just have to forfeit this quest till next time I start a new game. Again thanks for your help. Great advice on all the posts I've looked at.
Post Tue Apr 06, 2004 6:29 pm
Val
Risen From Ashes
Risen From Ashes

Hmm... You might be able to try that. But I'd make sure to pick back up all of the keys you've been gathering and try out the door again.
Post Tue Apr 06, 2004 6:33 pm
borgeater
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

That's whats really puzzling to me. I've never dropped any keys that I know of. I always carry them all with me. That's why I asked earlier if there is a specific name of the key. That way I can look at my inventory when I get home today and see if I have it. I'm gonna play again afterwork and see if I can figure it out. Anyway, it's no big deal. I will make sure next time I start a new game, I talk to Hugh first. Thanks.
Post Tue Apr 06, 2004 6:50 pm