Morrowind Mods: Lady Eternity Dragon Breech alpha released
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > News Comments

Author Thread
rinulh
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Morrowind Mods: Lady Eternity Dragon Breech alpha released

This huge 145 meg mod has been released in alpha state:<blockquote><em>Dragon's Breech Alpha 1 is up and available for download. All meshes/sounds/and art are free for all modders to use in Morrowind mods ( so I don't get 50 million emails about it ehehe ). This took alot of sweat and work to make, and I hope everyone enjoys it. Just remeber....this is ALPHA. Meaning...it's not even close to being done. However, instead of making all you hungry modders wait for the new meshes and resources, we decided to release Alpha's like this as we go...to get the content out there and get general feedback on the quests and all. If you have any input on the mod, or bug reports ( especially bug reports) feel free to come on over to our cozy forums and shoot us a post on it. <br></em></blockquote> If you want more detalis about the mod, check the <a href="http://www.proudfootimaging.com/ladye/readme.htm" target="_blank">readme</a>. Here's a brief description:<blockquote><em>Dragon's Breech is a heavily modified play area, and alot of things are not going to be the same as stock Morrowind. Also, due to popular request, alot of things will be more 'dangerous' in Dragon's Breech. Pits and traps for example, can kill you (although none will do so in one hit), so saving is encouraged when entering new areas. <br> <br>There are alot of scripts running most of the time, in most of the areas in Dragon's Breech. Rest for at least 12 hours when you first arrive from the boat. This will ensure the day/night scripts to have triggered properly. <br> <br>Guards are not stock Morrowind either. Be warned, they will not put up with misconduct. <br> <br>The areas of Dragon's Breech is not for level 1 characters. Best advice is about level 5-6 and higher. Some creatures are on leveled-lists and will be tougher the higher level you get. Also, not every creature/monster is aggressive. (For example, Goblins are aggressive, but snakes and bears aren't.) <br> <br></em></blockquote>And finally, the download is <a href="http://www.proudfootimaging.com/ladye/index.shtml" target="_blank">here</a>
Post Tue Sep 30, 2003 5:07 pm
Respect

Complaint about Lady Eternity's Dragon Breech

I think its pretty low to tell people to download a 145 meg mod for 6 hours and not tell them it needs not only one Expansion pack but TWO to play it.Especially when the authors had all summer long to advertise the fact to everyone but instead coyly side stepped the issue as if when we wasted half our weekend downloading it we would in a state of consumer desperation rush off to the software store to buy one or both expansion packs.I have nothing against needing the expansion packs i do have something against being misled into thinking Lady Eternity's mod just needed morrowind.It wouldnt surprise me if it turns out she works for Bethesda and this was just a advertising ploy to sell more copies of Blood Moon and Tribunal.Yea well next time do it the right way and show some respect to the fans who like to imagine they are more then just consumers in the eyes of Bethesda because am neither a consumer with a drug addict mentality or stupid!
Post Tue Sep 30, 2003 5:20 pm

Jackass Habaloo

Hey lazy ignoramus!Put more info in your readme!

I wasted five hours downloading this buggy unfinished mod!Its a piece of JUUNNKKK!!!They dont even tell you it needs Tribunal AND Blood Moon expansion packs in the readme!Whats next a mod that needs ten expansion to play?
Post Thu Oct 02, 2003 6:11 pm

ScorpiaCGWfan

Two Expansion Packs For One Mod? No Thank You.

BAH! These modders are getting as sloppy as Bethesda when it comes to making stuff.So now everybody has to buy two expansion packs just to play mods for a game thats so boring without mods most people find it unplayable.Whats next needing a 5ghz PC along with any other expansion packs that may pop up in the future?Boy sometimes you just gotta laugh cuz its so sad .
Post Thu Oct 02, 2003 8:26 pm

The Annoyed

Mods Suck! Uhg!!!

Oh brother when my brother in law heard I downloaded a 145 meg mod for six hours and then could not play it because it needed not one but two commercial expansion packs he really had a good laugh.Now am starting to believe him that if a games not good enough to play as is he just puts it on the shelf to gather dust.He already proved correct when it came to mods screwing up my game which has happened plenty.Yep I think its time after two months of restarts to just plain Morrowind by itself and forget all this home made junk.
Post Fri Oct 03, 2003 11:59 am

Mellow Yellow Urinator

Mods are for SUCKERS! hee hee

This is WACK! man!WACK! Whoever uses mods must be a SUCKER!
Post Fri Oct 03, 2003 2:44 pm

Willy Wonka

Lady Eternity takes Morrowind to new heights with her mod!

WOW a most ambitious mod indeed!It does things never before seen and is kinda surprising Bethesda has not done this themselves with their commercial products.A buetiful mod with very intelligent thought out scripting involved.I do agree they should have told people it needs both expansion packs before having them download a 145 meg file.
Post Sat Oct 04, 2003 12:15 pm