Screenshots
   Videos

Miscellaneous
   Staff Members
   Privacy Statement

FAQ
Members
Usergroups
How do I get the guards to not attack me anymore?
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Morrowind - General

Author Thread
arc1
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

How do I get the guards to not attack me anymore?

Hey, I killed a guard in Vivec a LONG time ago and now they attack me whenever I go there. Is there any way for me to increase my faction with them so I don't get attacked anymore?
Post Tue May 14, 2002 11:48 pm
Hyperion
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

Do you still have a bounty on your head?
Post Wed May 15, 2002 2:52 am
txiabxyooj
Fox Spirit
Fox Spirit

just pay your bounty a be done with it. however, before you pay any bounties hide any stolen or valuable items in a chest somewhere. otherwise the guards might help themselves to your valuables. remember, guards have a psychic ability to recognize anything that was lifted, even if no one saw you do it.
"The origin of things, if things have an origin, cannot be revealed to me, if revealed at all, until I have travelled very far from it, and many revolutions of the sun must precede my first dawn. The light as it appears hides the candle." --Santayana
=member of the worshippers of the written word=
=member of the Non-flamers' guild=
Post Thu May 16, 2002 4:22 pm
coradin
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

You can also get the bartender in the South Wall Club to take care of the price on your head for half the cost of the actual bounty without losing your goods. I dont know if you have to be a member of the thieves guild though. Look for the dialogue option "price on your head" when talking to him.
Post Thu May 16, 2002 4:31 pm
Viya
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

I have the same problem. I was wearing a Vivec guard's helm that I had found at a plantation while walking to Vivec. I walked up to ask one of the Vivec Guards a questions and I got BRAINED by a mace. He screamed that I had no right to wear the armor. Well...after a VERY long battle in which I ran from him while pumping 83 crossbow bolts into him (yes...83 bolts), I killed him and took all his armor. I started while the game world had it dark outside and by the time that bastard fell, it was probably around 10am game time. Of the 83 bolts I pumping into him, I got 4 back that were still stuck in his body. Hmmm...

But I digress...all the guards in Vivec aggro on me right when I enter the room, regardless of if I have the guard armor on or not. What is even better...there is NO bounty on me because I didn't strike first. So I have an entire city of aggro guards and no way to get them to calm down since I can't speak to them without them trying to knock me into Red Mountain.

I don't know what I am going to do, but wait until I am strong enough to stand toe to toe with those guards, which by the way....HIT VERY VERY HARD!! From that point, I am going to have to smoke every guard in that city.
Post Fri May 17, 2002 7:07 pm
whorebath
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

same thing with me viya

this happend to me as well. i went to the temple in vivec and she said i could make amends, but as soon as i went back outside they were all over me. does anybody know who i can talk to get rid of this? it says i should talk to the master of the temple. where? who? should i just kill every ordinator. i can kill them now but its a hassle.
Post Mon May 20, 2002 3:34 pm
Hyperion
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

So far I have killed some 10 Vivec guards (I've robbed all the great houses), and they never attack me. I just pay off my bounty and be done with it. I have no idea why you guys are having such problems.
Post Mon May 20, 2002 4:02 pm
Rawis
Gorthaur
Gorthaur

Death to the Vivec guards!
Post Mon May 20, 2002 4:08 pm
whorebath
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

i have no bounty though. ive tried killing regular people in vivec and paying my fine to no avail. ive also gone to jail to see if that would clear things up to no avail. under my affiliations it shows temple as being expelled, but when i make amends those damn gaurds keep coming after me. they start yelling at me from other cantons as well. they have some great sight.
Post Mon May 20, 2002 6:27 pm
Itchy

pretty simple

u all are wearing armour that u took from one the gaurds take that armour off and sell it. they are attacking you becasue you are wearing the armour of one of their fallen comrades.
Post Mon May 20, 2002 7:07 pm

Yes, Itchy is right. In one of the quests in Vivec, your reward is either some sort of amulet or some Vivec guard (Ordinator) armor. The guy makes it very clear that if you choose the armor, you shouldn't wear it while in Vivec, since the guards very proud of it, and outsiders don't deserve to wear it.

I'd buy a cheap pair of pants and shirt, and wear them when in the public areas in Vivec. When you go into the underworks or whatever, change into the armor.
Post Mon May 20, 2002 7:53 pm

Joey999
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

Dammit, how am I supposed to know when I'm logged in or not? That last "Guest" was me.
Post Mon May 20, 2002 7:58 pm

this is whorebath (too lazy to log in)

well i emptied out everything in my inventory and got reistated into the temple guild and the first guard i saw came at me like there was no tomorrow. and since i wasn't wearing any armor except some orcish stuff i was getting beat down.

now what can i do? is there something in the console i could do to change things. or could i be wearing some amulets or have some potions that are pissing them off so bad.

can i still finish the main quest this bug? i have to see milo and i don't want to look for in under these circumstances, so can anybody tell me where he is so i can make a beeline for him.

im almost to the point where im going to stop playing this game.
Post Tue May 21, 2002 2:42 am

whorebath
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

i just completly striped myself of everything. no potions, paper, picks, every single item in my inv gone and still no go.

Post Tue May 21, 2002 2:58 am
TribalMan
Conflict Within
Conflict Within

Yeah. The same thing is happening to me in Ald'Ruhn. In my case it is only some of the guards and I have no Bounty or nothing.

I was in this shop trying to purchase and the shop keep wouldn't sell to me because I had Skooma. I didn't even know what skooma was (had received or picked it up unintentionally) so I was putting the pipe and other stuff on the floor trying to get him to sell to me. (later I figured out skooma is the potion)

After putting things down and picking things up the guard in the shop attacked me. I don't know if he thought I was stealing or if it was the skooma pipe, but I didn't fight back. From then on, in every shop I went in in Ald-Ruhn the guards would attack me. No bounty, no nothing.

Finally, I just started fighting back and killing them. Since they attack first I do not get a bad reputation or a bounty for killing them. Even the other guards that don't attack me won't get involved in our fights.

Maybe I should have loade a save to avoid all of this crap, but oh well, it seems to have no bad side-effect...yet.
Post Tue May 21, 2002 2:16 pm

Goto page 1, 2  Next