View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Dungeon Siege

Author Thread
Badger
Stripey Forest Dweller
Stripey Forest Dweller

A Mule Called Boris

Hi All

Mules eh? Love em or hate em, there's no denying that they're, hmmmmm, well, little horses.
Fantastic for all that extra stuff that you otherwise would have to leave behind. But oh how quickly I have filled up all avaliable inventry slots on all my characters and my saddlebags. So I am once more having to pick through, trying to decide which items are cheap tat, and which are worth picking up and keeping as loot.

But as cool as they are, these mules can also be a complete pain in the, er, ASS? I mean they're such prime targets for attack arn't they. Even in the short time I've been playing so far, there have been many occasions where I am locked in a battle with all maces flailing and the air thick with arrows. When suddenly I realise that the buggers have flanked me and are attacking the damn mule.

He of course has the kicking thing. But it does'nt do much to save him does it. Anyway, I have fallen on a good way around it now. Follow mode OFF, leave the mule somewhere safe and drag a box around the party members to get them all to move together. And yes, I am that thick that it's taken me till now to figure this out.

Oh by the way. Am I missing something? Can't you name your mule? They have names when you buy them of course, but I would like to rename mine, Hobbling Boris.

Talk to you later

Badger
Post Thu May 02, 2002 8:57 am
Danicek
The Old One
The Old One

Post Thu May 02, 2002 9:06 am
Crawdaddy79
Village Leader
Village Leader

That was probably the most enjoyable read I've experienced in years.

Now I'm off to go smoke a cigarette. I have to go and buy them, because I don't smoke.
Post Thu May 02, 2002 11:51 am
Danicek
The Old One
The Old One

Sorry for second "smilie only post" but, I can not do something else than do it...
Post Thu May 02, 2002 12:01 pm
Badger
Stripey Forest Dweller
Stripey Forest Dweller

Many thanks for your kind words. You have moved me to write a short Ode to Hobbling Borris. See seperate post.

Badger

ps.... actually, can you name them?
Post Thu May 02, 2002 1:37 pm
vaticide
Put food in here
Put food in here

I believe there may be a mini-mod that will allow you to change their name. If not, it would probably be a trivial edit to your save files. Also, don't forget with CTRL-F1 or F2, etc. you can set portions of your group, such as everyone with the mule, and then press CTRL-F1. From now on when you hit F1, everyone but your mule will be selected.

-vaticide
Post Thu May 02, 2002 2:07 pm
Danicek
The Old One
The Old One

What about write short story from realms of Dungeon Siege? We have here Jaz that care for stories from realms of Gothic and place them in GothicDot.
I can ask her what to do with stories from other worlds .
Post Thu May 02, 2002 2:33 pm
Badger
Stripey Forest Dweller
Stripey Forest Dweller

Thanks Dani, once again I blush.

Some people looked kindly on my ramblings in the Gothic pages as well. But as Douglas Adams said "Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so"
And lunchtime is all the time I have for surfing my boards So I am affraid that I couldn't do justice to any Fan Fiction.
Post Thu May 02, 2002 4:36 pm
DzD
Unknown
Unknown

quote:
Originally posted by Danicek

Sorry for second "smilie only post" but, I can not do something else than do it...
We know.
His latest, a hit
Cuz the Little One's a mystery to me

Written by - dteowner
Post Thu May 02, 2002 4:43 pm
Jaz
Late Night Spook
Late Night Spook

I tried to talk Badger into getting some of his stuff published, but so far to no avail.
As for other stories than Gothic ones, Danicek, you ought to ask Myrthos. He used to edit the stories before Gorath asked me to take care of the GothicDot story section. I only have the means to publish stories on GothicDot .
Post Thu May 02, 2002 5:11 pm
Badger
Stripey Forest Dweller
Stripey Forest Dweller

LOL…. Sorry Jaz, I don’t mean to be elusive. It really is down to time constraints. I work on a software support desk which manages to keep my hands full for much of the time. Added to which I have also recently started to try to learn HTML. Not an easy task when you have a brain as primitive as mine. (That was all a mistake mind you. I was waiting in the queue while God gave out brains. It got to my turn and I completely miss-heard him. I thought he said “Trains” so I asked for a big slow one.)

Not much room in the evening either these days, hence my incredibly slow progress in any game I post you about. Plus my having to temporarily shelve “Gothic” in order to play “Dungeon Siege” which in turn I have no doubt will be shelved temporarily for “Neverwinter Nights” and of course my precious……….. (sorry.. went all gollum there for a moment) Morrowind!!! (Speak its name in hushed tones and with head bowed)

All the best

Badger.
Post Fri May 03, 2002 9:16 am
Crawdaddy79
Village Leader
Village Leader

You can type. And you know at least one language. That alone proves you are smart enough to learn HTML.

If you are intersted in free software that kicks ass (but useless if you already have Front Page or HoTMetaL), go to http://www.evrsoft.com

It's what I use for my page Great if you are willing to learn the code, rather than just throw something up.
Post Fri May 03, 2002 11:31 am
Badger
Stripey Forest Dweller
Stripey Forest Dweller

Thanks Craw, I'll have a look at that in one of my braver moments.

Badger
Post Fri May 03, 2002 12:22 pm
SuperCowMan24
Blademaster of the Moo
Blademaster of the Moo

Write stories? I LOVE WRITIN STORIES!
How do i write a gothic story and post it?

Don't you feel better now?
Post Sun May 05, 2002 9:42 pm
Val
Risen From Ashes
Risen From Ashes

Write it, then send it to Jaz's e-mail address.
Post Sun May 05, 2002 10:01 pm