View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic - Spoilers, Tips & Tricks

Author Thread
Crusadus
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Curious glitch.

Okay. Lets begin with a small story.

Like most of gothics hilarious things, this one happened in the swamp.
I went to see that guy whose name I just cant recall, in his small house in the swamp. Of course one of the swampsharks felt itself insulted and started to crawl towards the hut.

There were good 15 meters from the hut to the shark, so I decided to go say hello to the swampdude. Everything was normaluntil the moronic shwampshark barged into the cottage through its back wall. It ended up being half-way in and half way out in the wall and unable to move. I was on a relatively low level, so I decided to have some fun and exp. I whatcked the shark for good 30 seconds until it finally died and ended up outside the cottage. I went around the same cottage only to see another swampshark "racing" in from the front door towards that guy inside. I waited for somekind of a deathscream, but He didnt say a thing! The shark seemed to be confused too, as it refused to leave the doorway. Finally I killed the shark and went in to see what I could take from the guys corpse.

As I stepped in, I saw him sitting in his corner, but something was wrong... He was transparent. He talked with me his normal dialogue but I could shee through as if he was a ghost. My only screenshot is from the savegame thumbnail, but I'll put it here, so you'll get the picture...

Curious thing is that there isnt supposed to be any semi-visible things in gothic?

Anyone else gotten this?
Post Fri May 05, 2006 12:22 pm
Crusadus
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

And here comes the image...

Its 800x600 resolution as I was playing with my old comp.

http://img148.imageshack.us/img148/1130/ghost8qr.jpg
Post Fri May 05, 2006 12:41 pm
Wulf
The Shepherd
The Shepherd

I wasn't sure exactly what you were describing but once i saw the shot and the actual small size of it became obvious. Here you have Shrat unable to get back to his default spawn point position, instead he is underwater and under his hut in a position as close as he can get to where he normally sits. The transparency effect caused by the swampwater texture layer can be 'faked' or duplicated by use of marvin mode. (He is just at the water surface so he can breath but below the texture layer of the hut wooden floor) - hence in between textures.

Get pc-hero below water level anywhere in the green coloured swamp water then by using the F6 fly method, insert Shrat or any other character in a viewable position underwater, snap out of camera-fly mode using F4 and appear somewhere above the waterline looking downward. For best effect having no direct daylight above Shrat helps. Do this using the same method but insert below the hut and below water level. For fine tuning the position, possess the character using "O" and using F6 place him exactly where you saw him. By judicious placing of another jumpable character (usually at 90 degrees to the spawn point, jump possess from one to the other, you should now be free and walking about and able to view axactly the same as your screen shot. If you are unable to follow this let me know and i will try to make and post the shot in full view size.

The very first time coming into the senses boundary box of Shrat he will endeavour to kill the swamphark/s but only if there is one (or two) in his bounding box area while travelling their "roaming" paths.
To have Shrat not attack any swampsharks, approach his hut from the far Northeast green boundary wall an come in at right angles, a bit of trial and error method.

Yes it's a true glitch but it has no deterrent effect on the storyline.
Post Fri May 05, 2006 9:40 pm
Crusadus
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Thanks for advice Wulf!

Its always interesting to play around with these things
Post Sat May 06, 2006 7:13 am
Wulf
The Shepherd
The Shepherd

You're right Crusadus, it is very interesting, i messed about with marvin for a couple of years trying all-sorts of wierd and wonderful things. I did manage once to get Shrat to kill the sleeper in auto (computerised combat) mode, but i had to do the "possess" thing, and hero-import to get him into the hall of the sleeper. If it wasn't for his allegience to the Sect guild he would have "followed" (as per tips on followers) instead he attacked and killed me when killing Cor-Boba at the gate (obviously). Trying to set the guild and trueguild in marvin just wouldn't work, then i found that there is also a hidden permanent true-guild setting but that's perhaps getting too deep.

Yeah, messing about with the marvin console gives another viepoint of the game, i hope there is a marvin equivalent in Gothic 3.
Post Sat May 06, 2006 9:26 am