Usergroups
First ingame screenshot looks awesome
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 3 General

Author Thread
nemo16
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

The engine potential is amazing and look at details(the grass,the mushrooms...)
But I fell that something is not at his "place" (I can't find out why ).I want to play it...
Post Wed Mar 22, 2006 5:53 pm
X-dANGEr
Unknown Destiny
Unknown Destiny

Hmm to be honest, I don't in any way feel charmed to the screenshot. Not that I ever did to a one. It simply shows nothing, in my opinion. The old Gothic-ish style shows back, as it isn't too colorful like Gothic 2 (Maybe I had Gamma a little bit high..), which is by far I consider good. Though, what is the yellow bar for, everyone?

@Combat 'system': From what I've understood from the couple of interviews/articles I read regulary: The player must still do the job with hands (That be with the mouse or the keyboard) to perform super-cool combos.. And you will be able to go the old Gothic style or stick to the new one, I think:

quote:
Originally posted by Bioman <-- WoG
Everybody who used the handy keyboard-mouse-combination will acquire a taste for the new controls immediately. Unnecessary mantraps have been removed and in particular the combat can be controled precisely and without any problems. It's a pleasure to watch Mike Hoge, Game Designer, while he is testing the combats, because with some sure instinct you are able to perform fantastic choreographies only with the mouse. And apart from the fact that the interface already proved in complicated tasks all main functions are freely configurable.

Post Wed Mar 22, 2006 8:03 pm
cptmaxon
High Emperor
High Emperor

I liked the screen shot, I don't like the buttons, I mean it kind of feels not gothic to me, the tabs and such, and I really hope they kept the fights without potions, but the screen is nice , orcs are butt ugly.
Post Thu Mar 23, 2006 9:33 pm
spritex
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Some more new shots:

http://forum.jowood.de/showpost.php?p=1717050&postcount=127

I like them a lot. Very atmospheric and IMO they got that Gothic feel.
Post Thu Mar 23, 2006 10:13 pm
titus
Survivor of Hell
Survivor of Hell

Those screenshots do look good, I find it funny: someone who looks like a merc just a few feet away from an orc, and nothing is wrong.
I do have to admit that that bar keeps popping in my eye, can't help it, I just don't get uset to it. Oh well maybe after more screenshots or playing with, you will hear me shout: Where have you been in the previous 2 games
Post Fri Mar 24, 2006 1:06 pm
spritex
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

I understood that you can hide the bar so it's no problem and could actually be an useful addition...
Post Fri Mar 24, 2006 1:55 pm
titus
Survivor of Hell
Survivor of Hell

Oh I just can't wait to play a demo of G3.Atleast as my pc let's me, and if he is not to weak to run it, the getting older thing
Post Fri Mar 24, 2006 3:48 pm
Hi-Necro
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

What's going on there with these screenshots?!

Where is the gothic-feeling any way?!

Am I going to be disappointed with PB???!!! Of course everything has an end, so will be my good feel to PB.

( I've got tired with the looking of ordinary RPG-types... )
Post Sat Mar 25, 2006 7:37 am
Milan Kovacs
Protector of the Realm
Protector of the Realm

Don't worry, gothic 3 wil have it's own feeling but anyway here are some screenshots and 2 videos /u'll decide are they good enoudh 4u /http://pc.ign.com/articles/697/697758p1.html I think gothic 3 will be the greatest game. No matter what other ppl say
Post Sat Mar 25, 2006 7:55 am
spritex
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Huh, in my opinion the screenshots DO have the Gothic feeling. The non-geometric organic villages and high cliffs and so on.

I am not worried at all.
Post Sat Mar 25, 2006 10:55 am
Hi-Necro
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

@Milan Kovacs:

Thanks for the reply.

Indeed, one have to agree that those videos are really excellent, but, anyway, they appeared much earlier than these screenshots. Since it's not with certainty that a good former must lead to a good result, I think my warry is still reasonable.

I'll pray for PB that they won't make a degeneratiaon and be careful to make any changes, but who knows ...
Post Sat Mar 25, 2006 12:04 pm
Sem
Solid as a Rock
Solid as a Rock

quote:
Originally posted by Hi-Necro
Where is the gothic-feeling any way?!

You are able to judge how a game feels, by looking at a few screens.
Amazing, you should make a living out of that.
Post Sat Mar 25, 2006 5:03 pm
X-dANGEr
Unknown Destiny
Unknown Destiny

Exactly, you can't just decide wheather a game is good/bad by a screenshot. You need to play it before you judge it.
Post Sat Mar 25, 2006 5:54 pm
Milan Kovacs
Protector of the Realm
Protector of the Realm

Sem --> what do u mean???

yes a few screenshost aren't enough todecide will it be good or not..? Only two things are clear to me. One: screens are so nice, so there won't be graphic problems with it. and two: the music will be good too, /i think like in the video/ so if there is good music, the game become much better. And anyway, i think all gothic fans will like the game. They worked a lot on is so, they won't make orbital mistakes. Like the ppl's life... The visit their neighbour, go to the market and so on. So if it somehow will be bad o some kind i won't put it down because it's GOTHIC . And anyway i'm interested in the story's ending, and i wanna know what will happen. And others too i think. SO gothic seems to be good, but if somehow it'll be bad ppl WILL play it cuz they wanna know what will happen.
l
l
l
l
l> in my opinion
Post Sat Mar 25, 2006 10:24 pm

Goto page Previous  1, 2