A different way of assasination
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Morrowind - Spoilers

Author Thread
LORD_LSD
City Guard
City Guard

A different way of assasination

I was thinking what would be the most evil way of killing people, and suddenly remembered that in some game i played ages ago you could plant cursed objects on people. So i made a "Ring of Silent Death" that gives 3 dmg to self constantly, and hoped that npc's are stupid enough to just equip it cause it's fancy looking. I then proceeded to pickpocket, but to my disapointment you can't plant items - just take them. Then i sold the ring, and sure enough, the shopkeep equipped it and promtly died in a few minutes. So if any fellow assassins out there need to get rid of shopkeeps, this is one way of doing even in public without consequenses.
Post Wed May 29, 2002 3:41 am
Rob
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

Overkill much?

Whooooooaaaaa way too much effort there buddy,

if you want someone dead, just make them pissed off by taunting them.

a constant effect ring!? isnt that a bit much just to kill a shopkeep?

and if you couldnt taunt them , you can just pickpocket them and get in a fight like that... alot less work , and very small price to pay at your nearest theives guild.
Post Wed May 29, 2002 4:41 am
some guy

his point was roleplaying I think. if you want to kill someone in an evil way, that's one way to do it.

And yeah, i noticed you can't plant items on people. I think that's pretty stupid actually. You should be able to put stuff on people.
Post Wed May 29, 2002 5:23 am

Arangar
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Wauw that would have been a great idea.!!!
Maybe it is easy to patch, to let you plant on ppl, sound like a lifelike option and not like a cheat.

great idea

grtz Arangar
Post Wed May 29, 2002 9:55 am
LORD_LSD
City Guard
City Guard

Yes, my main point was to kill "evilly", and still make it so that my character had "nothing" to do with the targets untimely death. Planting items may or may not be doable with the editor, if it is, i hope someone makes a mod for it asap so i can make a trail of unlucky corpses

I think it's unfair that my other "evil" method of killing isn't working as it should: A victim out of sight of others, cast silence on him/her/it, cast poison -death- and it's still a crime allthough noone should be able to know i've even killed anyone. That sucks. Well, i guess i'll go invent some new ways to exterminate now...
Post Wed May 29, 2002 2:00 pm
Rob
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

yea i hate it when i get the message "YOUR CRIME HAS BEEN REPORTED!" even tho theres nary a guard in sight , my victim didnt yell or get far away enough to tell a guard!
Post Wed May 29, 2002 7:22 pm
LORD_LSD
City Guard
City Guard

And how the hell would anyone know it was me anyways, as i have gear that give me 100% chameleon constant? I can sneak infront & around anyone without them knowing it dammit. (usefull for an assassin you'd think, but as everyone knows it was you just the same, i think i just wasted around 100,000 in enchantments for nothing... Thank god i'm in the thieves guild, so at least getting away from guards to get bounty removed is easy.)
Post Thu May 30, 2002 1:05 am